Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

I must admit to loving my fitbit, it makes me so aware and if I've not done my 10000 steps I just walk around the living/dining room till it vibrates lol. So it defo keeps me moving. Love how close you are to goal jeans! You've done amazing! And of course... A date!!! Eeeeeek! Exciting! What you gonna wear, where you going? Spill!!! What's he like?! :D really hope it goes great! Xxx

I adore my fitbit, days I forget to wear it are horrible & I get mad with myself as it seems pointless lol. Brilliant news on the jeans bet you can't wait to be in them.... I'm with Carrie we want details on the date! Xx

My brother is staying and I feel like a stranger in my own house....he thought nothing of inviting his friends round last night without asking :mad:

In a really grumpy mood...probably too grumpy to be on Minis. I can see me ending up getting into a battle of words with people and their ill informed opinions on fasting both on here and in real life. Two of my "friends" ,and I use that word loosely, are seemingly supportive of my weight loss but then yesterday made some catty comments. Apparently I'll put it back on cause it'll never last etc....and they brought cakes with them and left what wasn't eaten laughing saying "I'm sure you'll manage to polish them off". Well just like my diet needs cleaning up so does my social circle. I don't need friends like them. Just like I didn't need butt munch ex who put me down. I only want people who respect me and like me for who I am regardless of my size etc and the rest who want to use me to boost their own self esteem can bog off. So next time they call....I'm not going to be available.

Blimey - you're right to sort those kind of 'friends' out!! Enough to put anyone in a grumpy mood - I think our confidence to deal with thee situations improves as we lose the weight!

Thanks for the recipes Cate. I'm not anti carb...though would like to reduce the white carbs. What I do need to do is not be so lazy and unadventurous with my cooking so I'm all for new recipes to try out with different ingredients. You never know if you're going to like something unless you give it a whirl. The pizza looks good! :)

Been another good day. Still sunny and warm here so have been attacking the garden and trying to get it in some kind of shape...I'm not green fingered though and have trouble telling plants from weeds. My next door neighbour kindly gave me some tomato plants that I am sure I will manage to kill off within the next week or so! I also seem to have birds nesting in the eves of the house and bees are going in and out an air brick at the back door...don't mind the birds meantime till all the baby birds have left the nests but the bees have to go. I also have to confess to ordering a Fitbit. :eek: Really wasteful I know as I bought the Vivofit only the other week but I'm not entirely sure I like it. I had a gift card I received due to some atrocious customer service I received when ordering a table online so used it against the Fitbit and I only had to pay around £30. I'm going to sell whatever one I like least. And then I bought 2 pairs of jeans :eek: A pair of size 14s that hopefully in around 6/7 pounds will fit and a pair of size 12s....my goal jeans. :D I am now on a spending ban again aside from food, utilities and essentials....and maybe a maxi dress if I can find one that doesn't trip me up :p Fast day tomorrow and weigh in on Saturday. I managed to stick to 500 calories my other 2 fasts this week by just having skimmed milk for my teas and a salad in the evening...I think warm weather makes it easier for me to fast for whatever reason. And then on Saturday...I have a date. This one I'm quite excited about unlike my last attempt.

Great to hear u sounding so upbeat - loving the jeans news - and a date - quite excited eh? hope it goes well xx

I think I will like the fitbit better. I don't like the website for the Vivofit and it can be a bit glitchy with uploading....obviously when I'm selling it I will make out it's the best thing since sliced bread!! My goal size 12 jeans cost over £80 because I've always wanted a proper pair of Levi's. Way more money than I'd normally spend on jeans but hopefully when I fit into them I'll have lost 100lbs...so I think I'll have earned them :D

Date...I've met him a couple of times socially in the last couple of years. Know him through my cousin as he is her soon to be husband's friend. He split up with his girlfriend last year. Cousin is doing a bit of matchmaking! We've exchanged a few emails and spoken on the phone a few times the past couple of weeks. He seems really nice...makes me laugh and is very easy on the eyes ;) Same age as me, own house and car, no children....only drawback is he lives and works...in Belfast. So tomorrow he is coming over for the day and our first date will be about 9 hours long :eek: Planning on going to Culzean for the day which is a castle and National Trust site just down the road from here. Have a spot of lunch and plenty of walks and things to do. Weather is supposed to be sunny and dry so perfect conditions for that kind of day. I just hope we get on as well in person and there are no awkward silences as 9 hours is a lot of time to fill....maybe I should take my travel scrabble just in case :p No idea what to wear. Am currently hurling stuff around my bedroom trying to pick something that will be appropriate for the sun, for walking...but will also make a good first impression :rolleyes: Excited but nervous. Make that really nervous :eek:

How exciting! You were looking for a change and there's worse places then Belfast so could work perfectly ;-) I hope it goes really well.

I think I will like the fitbit better. I don't like the website for the Vivofit and it can be a bit glitchy with uploading....obviously when I'm selling it I will make out it's the best thing since sliced bread!! My goal size 12 jeans cost over £80 because I've always wanted a proper pair of Levi's. Way more money than I'd normally spend on jeans but hopefully when I fit into them I'll have lost 100lbs...so I think I'll have earned them :D

Date...I've met him a couple of times socially in the last couple of years. Know him through my cousin as he is her soon to be husband's friend. He split up with his girlfriend last year. Cousin is doing a bit of matchmaking! We've exchanged a few emails and spoken on the phone a few times the past couple of weeks. He seems really nice...makes me laugh and is very easy on the eyes ;) Same age as me, own house and car, no children....only drawback is he lives and works...in Belfast. So tomorrow he is coming over for the day and our first date will be about 9 hours long :eek: Planning on going to Culzean for the day which is a castle and National Trust site just down the road from here. Have a spot of lunch and plenty of walks and things to do. Weather is supposed to be sunny and dry so perfect conditions for that kind of day. I just hope we get on as well in person and there are no awkward silences as 9 hours is a lot of time to fill....maybe I should take my travel scrabble just in case :p No idea what to wear. Am currently hurling stuff around my bedroom trying to pick something that will be appropriate for the sun, for walking...but will also make a good first impression :rolleyes: Excited but nervous. Make that really nervous :eek:

Yes u def deserve those jeans and will be wearing them v soon - perhaps in an Irish bar? So pleased to hear about ur date - u also deserve a good time too - I visited Culzean Castle a long time ago when we were holiday in Girvan - still remember it - it's a lovely place and the only time I've had sunstroke!! So whatever u decide to wear take cover from the sun - seriously tho' hope u have a great time - and let us know how u get onxx

The plan is to move to Belfast Kitty regardless of how date goes...that would just be a bonus ;) Cousin is happily settled over there and put the idea in my head a couple of years ago but ex was dead set against it. Hopefully will make the move August/September...maybe sooner if I get made redundant at the end of the month!! :rolleyes:

So he sent me flowers today. Totally unexpected. I don't think I've ever been sent flowers unless it was an occasion birthday, Valentine's etc...or as a stereotypical gesture of making up after an argument :rolleyes: He gets a lot of brownie points for that. I do however have nothing to wear and will have to go in my jammies. Everything I own is now crumpled on my bedroom floor after hours of trying stuff on and not liking anything. My size 16 jeans are too loose and I need help to keep them up and my size 14s I bought are ok if I'm standing up but I can't sit down or eat in them :( I have a cropped pair of dark denim jeggings I could wear..they have a zip and button so don't look like pull on ones....swear when I get to target I will never have elasticated waists again!! Could wear them with my converse, a white vest top and a shrug? Oh I don't know. It needs to be something comfy, for nine hours that I can breathe in and I won't get blisters on my feet from. Feels too casual though...but a dress and heels isn't going to cut it. I bet he's not stressing like this!! Picking him up from the ferry at 10. Hope I recognise him :eek:

DSC_0300.jpg

Aw I like him already ;)

I remember those first date nerves although my last one was 12 years ago & he was a matchmake my mates & is now my hubby of 11 years!!! Have an amazing time I'm sure scrabble won't be needed x

How exciting. Sounds lovely already! Hope you have a great day.... Xxx

wow - sounds like a lovely bloke - the flowers set things of well - 100% approval from Minis pals - so big tick in the box b4 u even meet - have a great time - and post as soon as u can!!xx

A pyjama party would be a novel idea for a first date anyway.... Jeggings outfit sounds fine, casual for going round a castle, just what is needed. I bet you look gorgeous. Got to love him for the flowers!! Nearly time to collect, good luck, everything crossed, let us know how it goes!! If you moved to Holywood you'd be beside the seaside and only a few miles from Belfast and I could harass you to come walking with me :)

A pyjama party would be a novel idea for a first date anyway.... Jeggings outfit sounds fine, casual for going round a castle, just what is needed. I bet you look gorgeous. Got to love him for the flowers!! Nearly time to collect, good luck, everything crossed, let us know how it goes!! If you moved to Holywood you'd be beside the seaside and only a few miles from Belfast and I could harass you to come walking with me :)

sounds like a good plan for u both!!

Meant to say - outfit sounds lovely - just think how far u've come and try to relax, enjoy and br EEEEEE athe!!xx

Back