Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Thanks hun, that's really encouraged me. I've never felt so low about my weight before, its taking over my whole life. Sorry to be so depressing on your diary! Can I just ask whether you exercised at all? I hate it and would rather start with walking. Also I've set my calorie allowance for up days to maintaining my current weight (something called bmr? Not sure what that all means), it's about 2430cals, is that what u should stick to? Thanks again!!

Up until very recently I never exercised at all. Even now I've only incorporated walking and a weighted hula hoop. The weight I've lost was without exercise and being a couch potato!! I didn't really do my calories on a daily basis and instead used a weekly pot of calories. I tried to make sure I ate the minimum amount my body needed to exist which was around 1600 to 1700 a day at the beginning and lowered it to around 1500 before I stopped counting calories. So I did 7 x 1700 = 11,900 and that gave me my weekly calories. Took 3 x 500 off for fast days and used the rest on UDs. Generally I used more calories on a Saturday and Sunday UDs than the ones through the week. So I didn't have the same amount of calories all UDs some were lower some were higher but it all evened out over the week. I think once you get started you will feel a whole lot better about things as then you will know you are actually doing something about what is making you unhappy xx

Nutribullet concoctions...

pic20140727202449.jpg
Spinach, avocado, pineapple and lemon juice...would make again!

pic20140727202814.jpg
Pineapple, strawberry,banana and apricot...loved it!!

pic20140727202334.jpg
Lettuce, melon, banana and beetroot...less said the better. Did drink it but never again!

pic20140723103537.jpg
Carrot, spinach, apple, pear and greek yogurt with lemon juice and ginger...really nice but should have blended a bit longer.

I blend all my protein shakes in it and they come out all light and bubbly, no bits and taste like milkshake. Trying to make sure I don't just use fruit and get some greens in. The spinach is probably best for this as you really can't taste it against the sweetness of the fruit. I've made all of them with water so far apart from a couple of protein shakes and my first attempt which had koko milk in. Loving it so far :D

My neighbour's seven yr old was out with her hula hoop yesterday and I thought about buying one - but would it be just another exercise tool that never sees the light of day like the rebounder, the step, the thigh master, the numerous exercise DVDs? Embarrassingly, the list goes on and on and on!!

LOL we have 3 cross trainers,( belong to various dds) a rowing machine, a trampoline and a bike in this house and I never get on any of them. :D

Not very exciting food pics for today as was at sister's for lunch so no photos of that and haven't had much else as was pretty full...

pic20140727222023.jpg

Popcorn as a snack in afternoon. Corn thins...love them Kitty...with cashew butter spread on top, cottage cheese and tomatoes.

pic20140727221608.jpg

Greek yogurt with cherries and gluten free granola sweetened with honey.

Thankfully my legs appear to be near normal again! Off to bed to plan out meals for coming week. Will be fasting tomorrow and Thursday this week x

Are these recipes included in a recipe booklet that comes with the Nutribullet?

No these were kind of made up out my head and influenced by youtube videos...will never forgive the woman with the beetroot banana combo! I didn't have all the right ingredients for some of the ones I liked in the book and with being away for a few days and my sore legs have only just done a shop. The book does have some good ideas but it is a bit...erm...cult like! Lots of you mustn't eat this you must eat that...never combine a starch and a protein...all meals must be 50% raw...:rolleyes: It has a six week diet plan that I'd never follow for all its rules and regulations. And you can't eat anything that comes in a packet...even if it is healthy. Only treat you were allowed on it was 85% dark chocolate...once a week!! I'm more using it to have one green smoothie a day and one fruit smoothie if I want it to boost my fruit and veg intake and use it as a snack/meal replacement. Going to make some proper smoothies this week :)

Lovely photo.

Yeah, thought it was about time I showed the world I wasn't a 70 year old man, sitting in his pants at a laptop creating a fantasy world...the kind of people my mother thinks the internet are full of!! :rolleyes:

I am though ;)

You have a doppelgänger in Lincoln btw x

Thank you..a photo taken right now would have frizzy humidity hair and a red sweaty face...will always have my "hamster cheeks"!! (at least they are no longer stuffed full of chocolate!)

Hey - you're going to have to learn to take genuine compliments Weebuns!! I think its a lovely pic of u too!! l

Fast day food..

pic20140728222541.jpg

Home made honey roast ham..shop bought salad! Drizzle of salad cream on top. No baked potato..erm...because I forgot to buy them. Had a protein shake instead which just looks like chocolate milk so no photo.

Couldn't resist some more new foods when I was out...

DSC_0395.jpgDSC_0397.JPG

I remember when I thought trying a different type of dairy milk was adventurous! Am beginning to feel nervous about Friday's weigh in. Just hope I've got things right. Whatever the result I certainly enjoyed my month free of the scales and calorie counting :)

Back