Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Sounds like a great day. How was your mum? Can she see how much weight you've lost yet or is she still on your case?

I have just started fasting; Monday was my first day. I've read through most of your diary and just wanted to say you are an inspiration. I am doing three fasts a week and tonight I'm struggling so just read your diary to keep me going. I am a similar weight to your start weight sooooo am hoping this will be as successful for me as it has for you. You have also experienced some of the emotional stuff that I have over the last year too!!!!

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for the motivation to crack this :)

J
X

I have just started fasting; Monday was my first day. I've read through most of your diary and just wanted to say you are an inspiration. I am doing three fasts a week and tonight I'm struggling so just read your diary to keep me going. I am a similar weight to your start weight sooooo am hoping this will be as successful for me as it has for you. You have also experienced some of the emotional stuff that I have over the last year too!!!!

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for the motivation to crack this :)

J
X

Thank you x Some days are easier than others with fasting. Once you get into the swing of it it gets easier. At least on a fast day you know the next day you can have whatever it is your craving and you don't have to feel guilty :) I wish you the best of luck with it and hope it proves successful for you too x

Sounds like a great day. How was your mum? Can she see how much weight you've lost yet or is she still on your case?

My mum's in hospital so wasn't there..just sitting spouting venom at visiting times from her bed :rolleyes:

Hey lovely how are you today? Xz

Just tired and worn out today but thankfully had a good day food wise xx

Managed a day on track before the next birthday party tomorrow :)

pic20140813235844.jpg

Porridge and blueberries for breakfast. Cottage cheese, tomatoes, ham and wholemeal toast for lunch. Sea bass with garlic, chilli and lime served with new potatoes and veggies. And the best part of the day was a planned treat of a strawberry and real cream muffin. Had no snacks today so I could have this as I knew I would need a treat of sorts to feed my feelings!

How yum does your food look? Amazing!!! That cake..... That CAKE! Drooooooool enjoy today chick xxx

Heading off to second birthday do of the week. Have had a good day food wise so far but am about to pick up my mother, who got home today, as she is coming too :eek: My mother and Gavin in the car for an hour...one whining and the other...erm...whining! Therefore I can't guarantee that my stress levels won't rocket and send me hurtling face first into the vol-au-vents!

Heading off to second birthday do of the week. Have had a good day food wise so far but am about to pick up my mother, who got home today, as she is coming too :eek: My mother and Gavin in the car for an hour...one whining and the other...erm...whining! Therefore I can't guarantee that my stress levels won't rocket and send me hurtling face first into the vol-au-vents!

I hope you haven't had to face plant the buffet table babe & that you also didn't help your mum do the face plant herself xx

A very trying evening is all I'll say :rolleyes: laptop charger I got 3 weeks ago stopped working and is making a weird ticking noise so I'm back to fat finger typing on tablet till replacement arrives. Food has been ok today. Started well but a bit wayward later on. Nothing on till next friday so going to stop the junk.

pic20140815001506.jpg

Porridge and strawberries and blueberries. Eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and potato farls. Pizza, chips and potato salad :eek:

Thanks Lexie and TH x Hasn't been too bad a week and plenty of time to pull it back before next weigh in :)
I'm struggling with minis at the minute. Why do some people feel the need to be rude? I'm not posting over on SW that I don't like it because it's rude and not helpful to people doing SW. Why post on the fasting section Iif you don't like fasting? It's the same with people who ask questions and then ignore you.I dont think I've ever ignored anyone ...because it is a support forum after all. It all feels a bit childish, petty and immature at times.

Thanks Lexie and TH x Hasn't been too bad a week and plenty of time to pull it back before next weigh in :)
I'm struggling with minis at the minute. Why do some people feel the need to be rude? I'm not posting over on SW that I don't like it because it's rude and not helpful to people doing SW. Why post on the fasting section Iif you don't like fasting? It's the same with people who ask questions and then ignore you.I dont think I've ever ignored anyone ...because it is a support forum after all. It all feels a bit childish, petty and immature at times.

Know exactly what you mean - but I suppose the truth of it is Minis is a microcosm of society - so there's going to be a mix of the good, bad & the ugly!! I really got my knickers in a twist once with a snotty post directed at me - and composed several snotty answers in head but waited a day before replying - then decided not to waste my time.

I think you've got lots of genuine supporters here so try to focus on them and your fab successes (which are probably the things some ppl are envious of) so instead of congratulating/celebrating ur getting some catty remarks - who knows why?? Anyway you've got enough on your plate dealing with your Mum - good luck with that!

Last edited:
Well I'm like you I get upset at people. It's as simple as this Ali your results show this works & you're an inspiration to us all so don't go disappearing on us now!!!!

It's folk giving silly advice! It's like telling a vlcder to eat. What works for one doesn't work for everyone otherwise none of us would be here. We know it works. :) xxx

Thank you x Some days are easier than others with fasting. Once you get into the swing of it it gets easier. At least on a fast day you know the next day you can have whatever it is your craving and you don't have to feel guilty :) I wish you the best of luck with it and hope it proves successful for you too x

Thank you x tonight I'm struggling but trying to put it out if my mind x Weigh day tomorrow so trying to stay in track x

They are not worth your time or energy x you are doing great that's all that matters xxx

A very trying evening is all I'll say :rolleyes: laptop charger I got 3 weeks ago stopped working and is making a weird ticking noise so I'm back to fat finger typing on tablet till replacement arrives. Food has been ok today. Started well but a bit wayward later on. Nothing on till next friday so going to stop the junk.

View attachment 149895

Porridge and strawberries and blueberries. Eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and potato farls. Pizza, chips and potato salad :eek:

Looking at your portion sizes I need to take a leaf out of your book. Hope you've managed to brush off the sniping. I only post on the Exante and the JUDDD diary sections so haven't experienced any negativity about fasting or VLCDing.

Back