Sticking to what i know best!

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Well after a few months of diet bouncing i've decided to come back.
So since i've been gone i've done ww, w8, celebrity slim, ww and calorie counting and through out it all i've been miserable, i just can't get on with any diet other the sw. Wish i was one of these people that can last on a vlcd but alas i do need a bit of substance in my diet.
So i'm joining a brand new group on monday, i decided i couldn't go back to my normal one, i've quit and rejoined so many times its embarrassing.
Me and hubbs are having a experiment next week and we're going to buy our own food for a few weeks. Usually he buys it all and he has decided he's fed up of eating what i cook and wants to go back to freezer food and he says it will help with budget. Personally i'd rather have fresher stuff so this is the solution and other then fishfingers and wedges i don't eat alot of frozen food.
I'm looking forward to restarting, i just need to keep reminding myself that its not going to fall off over night and its going to take a long time to lose half my body weight!

You can do it Hun!!
I shop in Asda, Lidl and Iceland and my food shop for 3 people comes to roughly £70 a week (at thats the most expensive shop), that includes pop and fruit and veg.
Just look at your budget and then "shop around".

You can do it Hun!!
I shop in Asda, Lidl and Iceland and my food shop for 3 people comes to roughly £70 a week (at thats the most expensive shop), that includes pop and fruit and veg.
Just look at your budget and then "shop around".

Give me some tips? Mine comes to £120ish for 2 adults and 2 young kids :/ shopping at Asda

i shop for for 2 eating 3 meals, and i cook my mates dinner too ( she buys her own breakfast and lunch for work, but eats with us for dinner) and i try to keep it at £50 a week an that includes food for 4 cats and laundry stuff. A dear week is £68.

Hi,

Aldi is brilliant for fruit and veg.. I just go to the end display where they have the super 6, I stock up on those fruits and veg first, and work around them for meals and snacks. Tesco have 3 for 9eu meats (must have something similar in the UK) so get those, each pack should provide one meal provided you have loads of veg and potatoes or rice. Green days prove to be way cheaper as the staple foods like rice and potatoes and pasta feed alot for a little!

good luck!!

Hi and good luck! I know what you mean it can work out expensive! I also shop about, and shop at night and get reduced stuff like meat and veg on its sell by, pop it in the freezer! Also yesterday i made a big pot of quorn chilli it will do 4 meals I just freeze it. xx

Back