Stig's Dukan adventure

hey im not a veggie but i like bean curd its an aquired taste tho i suppose its just i went through a veggie stage in my teens admittedly it wasnt a very long stage but it helped me to realise what veggies foods i liked. i dont mind quorn slices the bacon substitute either but not a huge fan of the sausages but they arent as bad as some foods that other people eat like black pudding or water chestnuts erugh i hate them water chestnut things they are like the some alien food or something taste fowl to me ... so gross!!

Water Chestnuts should be banned -_- lol!

Whoooop well done stiggy wiggy, great loss x

Paulinegin said:
These days, doesn't the water turn purple if you wee in it? Or is that an urban myth?

Either way, it's stopped me .... ;)

P x :D
Just a myth, was proposed many years ago, think it was quashed due to disabled swimmers dignity x

I keep forgetting about water chestnuts, hmmm love em.

Not sure I have ever had a water chestnut!
Day four Cruise ppI had a PV day yesterday and made this concoction of cucumber, tomatoes, garlic and onion wow it blew my socks off but lovely. I think I like PP days better at the moment, probably as I am lazy. I had fromage fraise with lemon flavouring for breakfast which was really nice until I had a cup of coffee that tasted foul.
Will try and catch up with dairies later but schools out for summer in less than four hours, soooooo excited, I love the holidays, even though I do not work( I do sewing from home but only pin money). I do laugh when at home I get excited about weekends and my husband says to me I am surprised you know what a weekend is, from the saying in Downton Abbey where the dowager says 'What's a weekend". Any way things to do.

I too am so looking forward to the hoildays. If nothing else its a break from the normal kids up/breakfast/school routines.

Plus they fly by for us cos we have so many things to do.

First day Saturday, already my daughter has a shoppign trip planned with her godmother.....didn't bother to invite me, oh no, boring mum can't go with them LOL.

Day 5 cruise Pv

Well still loving this diet and you guys really make it fun, I think it was Charly saying that you would never discuss things like we do on here at other slimming clubs.
So the school holidays are here and that means day trips to London so will have to find foods that I can take with me, I hate handbags so it needs to be in a disposable bag.
I went to H & B yesterday and looked at their health foods and the canned yes canned tofu was not brave enough to buy any but am thinking I will buy some to take on holiday. One can they had was braised tofu sounds weird. As anybody done Dukan and eaten on a plane. I have not booked my flight meal yet and was thinking which would be the best option to go for, if any!
Going to do my monthly shop this morning, so will stock up on things that are Dukan friendly and I will take my reading glasses with me !
Made time to catch up and diaries this morning and you guys are going great guns.

I didn't even think about airplane journeys :eek:

It's usually such a small portion of food, that the carbs always help :)

do you have to pay extra for the plane meal? in wouldnt even like to guess what goes into them baby portions of microwave meals lol x

do you have to pay extra for the plane meal? in wouldnt even like to guess what goes into them baby portions of microwave meals lol x

It depends on what airline you use Charly :)

I have never paid for a meal as I always travel quite far.

The meal comes free with the fare. My worry really is the flight is only 3 1/2 hours but then the transfer is another two; the airport definitely does not have anything Dukan friendly that I can think of for veggies. Our driver normally stops for a coffee but at the stop it is normally pastries and crisps. I do not want to break my diet before I even get to destination!!!!

Stig, for my food on the plane I made mini quiches and muffins...lush xxx

Cruise Day 6 _PP
I always look forward to the meal on the plane, it is looking as if I will have to take some food. Day 6 and my weight loss has slowed down a lot, my bowels are at a full stop and have bee for over a week; I took some slim a tee last
night; hope it works soon. I think I need to drink more water and walk more, I can see Dr D looking at me saying get walking if you want to loose weight. I have my get together tonight for a curry and I am not looking forward to it, not drinking will be a test and I so hope I pass.

Ok, this is bad but I am being honest! I would eat the meal in the plane, I am not saying do but I dont see myself taking food on the plane, I would just make out which is the better devil and go for it!
Flipping heck Stig, a week! How are you surviving? Hope the tea helps. If it doesn't help go for a glycerol suppository, not pretty but it works!

Hey stig :)

hope you got through your curry night unscathed :), if you don't fancy carrying on food to the plane, what are the meal options they've given you? maybe you could keep it low carbish somehow?

xx

There are many meal options, if you look on BA meal options but the only one that seems any good is the seafood one but as I am only just starting to start to eat fish I do not think I could stomach that yet.
Had my curry night yesterday and I ate a Dukan meal before I went out. My friends were fully supportive and one a lovely slim flight attendant of my age was telling me she has cut out carbs for the last two years and her weight has stayed the same even when she eats other naughty foods. The down side of my night is I gave into the falling down water, not as much as I would normally have. My husband had the curry and drink and put on 3lbs (and he cycled 16 miles yesterday), I had the drink not meal and lost some; lets hope it stays off.
The curry could have been a good idea as I still have not been the tea had almost no effect !! Caste iron with fire doors I think my bowels are. I think I am going to have to use one of those glycerol suppository in the end. Normally only two things make me go seeded bread and chocolate! Fruit and veg have no effect. Sorry about the detail.
On the bright side a lovely day, going to take the dogs for a long walk and then going to watch my son in his last performance, really looking forward to it and no drink in the interval!!
It is my photo day today to monitor my weight lose; I am hoping to post them on here when I hit TW.

I just googled the BA meal options, if it was me and I wanted to stick to plan, I'd order the diabetic or gluten intolerant meal option

DiabeticFor those who need to manage blood sugar levels. Foods excluded are sugars, syrups, jams, cakes and chocolate, unless specifically for diabetics.
Gluten intolerantFoods excluded are wheat or wheat flour, barley oats and rye, bread, cakes (unless wheat free), pastry, sausages or any flour based products.

Not having flown anyway for a long time adn then it was a long haul, are you allowed to take food on the plane. I thought we weren't supposed to take foods out of the country, and having stuff like that in your hand luggage, could it be a problem.

I hope it all works out well though hunx x

These days, doesn't the water turn purple if you wee in it? Or is that an urban myth?

Either way, it's stopped me .... ;)

P x :D

Dammit Pauline, I just love you!

Back