Still fat after no cadburys...rice is not a diet food!

marthamummy

So:
I am a mum, 2 girls, I live in a developing Asian country and somehow; despite no access to cadbury's chocolate and lots of stomach bugs... I am still the same weight as I was 1 week after giving birth to my second! 17 months ago! We eat a lot of rice, roti, naan and pasta.I kept telling myself not to worry it was probably because I am breastfeeding, etc but now I have decided I have to do something about it. I am going to wean her in the next month and we are going to try for a 3rd after Christmas, so I have a good 20 lbs to lose.

I have gone low carb- or so I thought, but it seems that some of the things I have been eating are not great- nuts and even some veg! it is a minefield. I know that it is a carb issue for me because after 6 days I have been much more stable food wise- 1 slip ( very large amount of substandard chocolate in the night when up with the baby) and the next day I had to cope with some carb cravings....

Feeling hopeful for the first weekly weigh in tomorrow- BUT... I am eating an enormous amount of food I would normally leave for special occasions... i.e. a pack of bacon today in breakfast and lunch salad. Sausages for SNACK?!!! oh- please God I don't want to have put on weight!! anyway; any advice would be great. I would love a buddy!

Back