Still in Ketosis on 1000 help!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by thinkthincd, 2 December 2008 Social URL.

1. thinkthincd

thinkthincd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

This is going to sound crazy to some people but i'm on day 3 on 1000 and following it to the letter yet i'm still firmly in ketosis. Normally i would be over the moon however, i'm going out for my hubbys 30th bday on Friday and want to be able to have a couple of drinks (hence moving to 1000) but i've read that it is dangerous to drink while in ketosis. Will i come out of it by then or am i going to be stuck on the water again.

Any advice welcome.

H xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah_V

Sarah_V Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi thinkthincd,

I am no expert but it is the eating Carbs not the amount of calories that dictates the ketosis level.. I have followed the Atkins Diet and eaten 'a lot' and still been in ketosis, I think you'll have to introduce some carbs to take you out of ketosis.. good carbs like brown rice or a jacket spud will limit damage re weight loss..

Please be careful drinking in ketosis, it made me very very ill when i did it and it took me 3 days to recover!!!

Hope that helps a bit :)

4. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    How much are you intending to drink Hayley?? Believe me, you will be absolutely fine for 3/4 glasses of wine because you have been eating carbs. Worry not and have a good evening!

5. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks girls,

Frances i'm thinking a couple of Gin and tonics at most, i've been SSing for 16 weeks so not had a drop of alcohol, i'm guessing that it will go straight to my head anyway.

The odd thing is i have been eating carbs, on 1000 plan you do introduce brown rice/granary bread/new potatos etc.

Maybe it will take a few more days to take effect, i just really don't want to be ill, but i do want the option of a drink ....it's been 4 months lol!

xx

6. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sarah- how much did you drink?

7. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Yes, you will probably be out of ketosis in a day or two, but really you will not be ill with a couple of g&t's (that's my drink too!) because you have had carbs, and your g stores will have filled up.

8. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Frances i'm just concerned as i was expecting a weight gain associated with glycogen stores, but so far i'm still losing and still in the pink/purple??!

Will just see what happens 2moro,

xx

night-owl likes this.
  9. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    STILL in it!

10. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    You're a phenomena! Call your CDC in the morning!

11. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Lucky you, im starting in 2 1/2 weeks and would be a dream to stay in ketosis although I was going to have a drink over xmas so think will add in some bread or pasta on the days im drinking, may not be a bad idea.

12. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Spoke to cdc and she doesn't seem concerned (as much as i love her she also thinks its fine to drink in ketosis) granary bread, new pots, mashed pots, shredded wheat have all been eaten this week but have i come out of the pink???? NO! So frustrating i'm looking forward to going out so much 2moro night and i really want to be able to have a couple of drinks. If i'm still in the pink in the morning i'm rolling out the big guns......white bread!

xxx

13. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've heard of some people who have stuck to the diet religiously but the stick won't go pink even though they should/must be in ketosis -- maybe you're the other way and your body just produces naturally a high in something that activates the stick.

Pregnancy tests (even hospital ones) haven't worked for me - my body just doesn't play --- even when a scan shows I am.

Don't worry and enjoy your drinks :)

14. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for your post and good theory, however i did get negative ketone readings in the first week of cambridge so i don't think i'm getting a false positive. Also i still haven't felt in the slightest bit hungry infact most of the time i'm having to force myself to eat because i don't really have an appetite. Was hoping i would get out of ketosis asap so that i would feel hungry and eating wouldn't be such a chore.

Sorry to any SS'rs i know you must think i'm an ungrateful moaning mare, i would have done if i was reading this post a few weeks ago, i'm just baffled by it!

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.