Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Still in Ketosis on 1000 help!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by thinkthincd, 2 December 2008 Social URL.

1. thinkthincd

thinkthincd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

This is going to sound crazy to some people but i'm on day 3 on 1000 and following it to the letter yet i'm still firmly in ketosis. Normally i would be over the moon however, i'm going out for my hubbys 30th bday on Friday and want to be able to have a couple of drinks (hence moving to 1000) but i've read that it is dangerous to drink while in ketosis. Will i come out of it by then or am i going to be stuck on the water again.

Any advice welcome.

H xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah_V

Sarah_V Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi thinkthincd,

I am no expert but it is the eating Carbs not the amount of calories that dictates the ketosis level.. I have followed the Atkins Diet and eaten 'a lot' and still been in ketosis, I think you'll have to introduce some carbs to take you out of ketosis.. good carbs like brown rice or a jacket spud will limit damage re weight loss..

Please be careful drinking in ketosis, it made me very very ill when i did it and it took me 3 days to recover!!!

Hope that helps a bit :)

4. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    How much are you intending to drink Hayley?? Believe me, you will be absolutely fine for 3/4 glasses of wine because you have been eating carbs. Worry not and have a good evening!

5. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks girls,

Frances i'm thinking a couple of Gin and tonics at most, i've been SSing for 16 weeks so not had a drop of alcohol, i'm guessing that it will go straight to my head anyway.

The odd thing is i have been eating carbs, on 1000 plan you do introduce brown rice/granary bread/new potatos etc.

Maybe it will take a few more days to take effect, i just really don't want to be ill, but i do want the option of a drink ....it's been 4 months lol!

xx

6. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sarah- how much did you drink?

7. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Yes, you will probably be out of ketosis in a day or two, but really you will not be ill with a couple of g&t's (that's my drink too!) because you have had carbs, and your g stores will have filled up.

8. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Frances i'm just concerned as i was expecting a weight gain associated with glycogen stores, but so far i'm still losing and still in the pink/purple??!

Will just see what happens 2moro,

xx

night-owl likes this.
  9. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    STILL in it!

10. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    You're a phenomena! Call your CDC in the morning!

11. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Lucky you, im starting in 2 1/2 weeks and would be a dream to stay in ketosis although I was going to have a drink over xmas so think will add in some bread or pasta on the days im drinking, may not be a bad idea.

12. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Spoke to cdc and she doesn't seem concerned (as much as i love her she also thinks its fine to drink in ketosis) granary bread, new pots, mashed pots, shredded wheat have all been eaten this week but have i come out of the pink???? NO! So frustrating i'm looking forward to going out so much 2moro night and i really want to be able to have a couple of drinks. If i'm still in the pink in the morning i'm rolling out the big guns......white bread!

xxx

13. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've heard of some people who have stuck to the diet religiously but the stick won't go pink even though they should/must be in ketosis -- maybe you're the other way and your body just produces naturally a high in something that activates the stick.

Pregnancy tests (even hospital ones) haven't worked for me - my body just doesn't play --- even when a scan shows I am.

Don't worry and enjoy your drinks :)

14. thinkthincd

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for your post and good theory, however i did get negative ketone readings in the first week of cambridge so i don't think i'm getting a false positive. Also i still haven't felt in the slightest bit hungry infact most of the time i'm having to force myself to eat because i don't really have an appetite. Was hoping i would get out of ketosis asap so that i would feel hungry and eating wouldn't be such a chore.

Sorry to any SS'rs i know you must think i'm an ungrateful moaning mare, i would have done if i was reading this post a few weeks ago, i'm just baffled by it!

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.