Still sofartogo... :sigh:

Sofartogo!

Silver Member
So after about 4 months on the plan I still have only lost 20lb. :cry:

I'm more than happy with the diet as it fits nicely into my life and I know it well. I haven't always been 100% on plan but I have been 100% most of the time. Odd (planned) lapses have happened but otherwise I have been saintly!

I am aiming for 15 syns a day as I feel I still have a fair amount of weight to lose so need somewhere to go when my losses really grind to a halt.

I am building lots of exercise into my week; at least 2 runs (usually 3) as part of the C25K programme and 2 zumba classes. On top of this I am bike riding and generally rushing around with my children!!! I think the weight loss has slowed because of the exercise but clothes are feeling better and I am now fitting into clothes I haven't worn for a long time!

I have decided to have a go at keeping a diary of my journey from here on in!!

Any advice would be gratefully accepted!

Vickie x

Hiya Vickie

I know how you feel about the slow losses, I've been on plan for 5 months and only lost 11lb. I know I don't have much to lose but it is still frustrating having sts week after week, especially when I think I've been good, or accounted for my syns. I admit I'm not good at using my syns, but it's because I always like to keep them in case I have a meal/night out or something unexpected.

If I know I'm not having any of that, I try to use between 5-10 but I do struggle.

Really hoping that when the weight does all come off, it will be forever :)

Hi Laura

Glad to see someone else is sharing my frustration!!Thanks for your comments.

I'm clinging to the hope that once it's gone it's never coming back!!!
You can look on the bright side and say that you have now lost half the weight you want to! We'll just have to keep plugging away!!

I noticed your running is going well! 20 minutes was a monumental event for me! Couldn't believe I had actually run for that long! I found the next run harder (odd as it goes back to interval) but then found it got easier again and that's when I started getting a real buzz from it!

Vickie x

I've had a good day today diet wise. And been called the incredible shrinking woman so that's nice.

Was planning to go for a run tonight but my running partner couldn't make it and then All kinds of other things happened so I ended up doing half an hour on wii zumba instead. Wasn't quite the same but better than nothing.

Would love a loss this week. Any loss will do!!

V x

Hey Vickie

I am actually quite nervous about beginning week 6, I don't particularly like interval running so kinda dreading doing it again this week... Sure in a few weeks I'll be desperate for a break again!!
xx

I didn't like the first day but found the rest of that week was much easier. Get day 1 over with and that's when it's starts to get enjoyable!!

Xxx

Another good day and all on plan! ;)

Had zumba tonight which is always good but a bit of a rush! I also have a new favourite treat; strawberries, small muller crunch corner and 2 mini meringues. It's amazing and only 5.5 syns although it could be less if I had any fat free yoghurt in!

Have to say I'm getting very fed up of this miserable weather! Will soon be June and it's so cold still. :( Salads are much easier to eat when it's warm...

V x

Get me!!! Am being very good writing my food and weight loss diaries every day!!!! :)

Another day on plan and another day of exercise. Am feeling pretty bloody saintly! I've also upped my water intake too over the last few days. Would so love to lose weight this week. Really need a bit of a boost! Have to say I'm not pinning all hopes on this though as it will be star week. :( everyone seems to be losing loads this week too but I'm failing all challenges miserably and not through the want of trying!

Am tempted to do another fish week as I lost 4lb when I did it last time but put on 2lb the following week so not sure it completely works. X

Well, I'm at the end of what has been a very good week. Stuck to the plan almost completely (Sunday was a bit naughty due to needing some comfort cake food after my Race for Life)!!!!

I weigh in tomorrow and although star week is just around the corner I'm really praying for a loss. A little loss this week will do and a bigger one next week. I am doing so, so badly at all three challenges on this site as May has been a total disaster weight loss wise.

I am looking forward to being able to say I've lost 2 stone! Maybe by the middle of June this will be the case! :cross:

Well I've spent the last hour and a half marking optional sats papers so now I'm off for my hot choc and dessert! Nom nom nom...
Vx

Today I am 2lb lighter than I was this time last week!!:party0038:

So happy to have lost something! Was starting to get a little fed up!!! Feeling super motivated again now. Not that I wasn't before but being so good for so long without seeing it on the scales is a little deflating!!!

Today I have had a small blip in the tasty form of a Krispy Kreme donut! Was an amazing little treat and now I am back on the straight and narrow!! All ready for another excellent week!

Off for my hot choc and an evening with the Dr (Who) and Patrick (Jane). My boys are in bed and the V+ is waiting patiently!

What a party animal I am!!! X

I have not stopped today!!! Won't bore myself with the details but really feel like my feet haven't touched the floor all day! Going to sit and enjoy my dessert as soon as I've written this!!

Haven't really eaten very much today, probably because I haven't had time but as a result I've managed to keep syns to 4 so that means I have more than made up for the KK incident earlier in the week!!! All back on track now I think!!!

Had lots of fun at Zumba!
X

Another manic day!!! Been up since 4:15 as I had to take my dad to the airport so by the time I got to work I had been for a 3 mile run, mucked 4 horses out, had a shower, fed and dressed my boys and got them to nursery!

Very proud of my run this morning. Finally completed the C25K programme and looking forward to continuing to run on my own. I've decided to concentrate on increasing my speed a little and then the distance I'm running.

Food wise I haven't been good. :(
By the time I'd finished my jobs tonight and put my oldest to bed it was nearly 8:00 so I just had boiled eggs and (white) toast. Eek! 12 syns!!!! Never mind, will have to make up for it tomorrow!! X

Vx

6am start today and just sat down! Busy busy!!! Had a few temptations today as we were celebrating VE day!!! I resisted the jam tarts and scones but succumbed to a small cheese sandwich. Wasn't even very nice!!!! What a waste of my syns! Never mind. Still within my weekly total though. X

Good day food wise, only 8 syns. 2 Oreo cookies with strawberries and fat free yoghurt to top it all off. The smallest things...

No exercise today but I've decided that's a good thing as I don't think my weight loss has been as good lately because of all the exercise I've been doing. I'll now have 3 days off before weigh in on Saturday so we'll see if that helps!!

Vx

Weigh in tomorrow morning. I'd love a loss as I've been very good all week. Less than 100 syns for the week and I've drunk lots of water. Had a run saturday and Tuesday and a zumba class on Monday. Doesn't seem like much now compared to usual but feel like I've run a marathon this week! (been mega busy). We'll c tomorrow! X

Oh! Grr. How frustrating! You know all the platitudes: better than a gain, it will come off next week, keep it up!
All true but I do understand your fed up ness!
Keep on keeping on!! You will win!! X

Aw chin up hun.
I know how gutted you will be feeling about your sts, I too am a slow loser (or was up til 3 wks ago) so I totally understand your frustration. Just keep at it chick, your efforts will pay off. Its taken me nearly 9 long months to lose 2.5 stones and I have nearly given up so many times but it appears my metabolism has suddenly woken up. I know this won't make you feel any better but just wanted you to know you're not on your own hun. Sending a hug xx

Back