Stomach shrinking

SammyE

Silver Member
Ive been on the Tony Ferguson diet for 2 and a half weeks.

Its a shake for breakfast, fruit, soup for lunch and veg and a low GI dinner.

I follow the amount you can eat for dinner exactly but the last few days I physically cant eat anymore and Im only half way through eating, I feel bloated before I finish the soup. Tonight I had a side plate with my dinner on (not a tiny side plate, the one between the small ones and normal dinner plates) and I got half way through and had to force myself to take another few mouthfuls because Im concerned Im not eating enough and my body might think Im starving it.

Do stomachs really "shrink" and if so would it happen so quickly? I feel like Ive eaten a 3 course meal rather then half a small plate of low GI food... and its not like I dont like it, because it tastes really nice.

Your stomach can't shrink unless you have surgery to make it smaller but your appetite can shrink. Your body will let you know when it's hungry but if you're concerned, maybe try eating slower or keeping food for later. I sometimes eat half my dinner around 5.30/6pm and the other half at 8pm and it stops me from getting too hungry in the evening.

Sammy, I am finding that too. I now have much smaller portions and I'm half way through it and I need to make an effort to eat the rest of it as I only ate 100-200 calories. I'd love to know what it actually going on but it's a godsend.

Back