Stopped losing after attack!

Hi there

I started the Dukan diet last monday and need a bit of help. I was 11 stone 2 and want to get to 10 stone. I did the attack phase until Saturday and lost 6 pounds which was great. Then Saturday I added a few vegetables and Sunday I did just meat again but I seem to have stopped losing? Can it really be just because of the veg? In which case, can I do 2 days Protein only and only 1 day veg and carry on like that as I'd like to carry on losing. My motivation is waning as I seem to just be eating the same old things! bits of chicken, salmon and eggs! I could really do with something sweet but tried to make the oat bran chocolate muffins and they were awful - there was just no taste.

Second question - what's the UK alternative to Stevia? I've got some canderel - can I use that?

Last question - I'm eating a lot of low fat natural yogurt but I'd quite like to have an activia 0% fat peach yogurt - am I allowed? In the book it seems to be ok but others have said no because of the fruit.

Thank you!

Willow x

Hi Willow!

First of all well done on completing Attack! 6lbs is really good! I wouldn't get disheartened that you've not lost anything since you started Cruise - it does slow down the weight loss slightly but if you keep at it you will see results. Peoples advice to me was make sure that you're eating enough protein - it should be 2/3rds protein and 1/3 vegetables. I tried the Dukan muffins once but agree they weren't the nicest things ever! I get my sweet fix with yoghurt + oatbran which I sweeten with Splenda / sugar-free jelly! I do find it a bit monotonous sometimes - but on PV day you can make bolognaise sauce... and marinades are a great way of spicing up some chicken. I have some tofu in the fridge (which I am slightly scared to cook!) and steak is always a great option if you need a pick me up! Its not recommended to do 2 PP to 1PV - your body could get used to PP and stop losing weight - also you won't be getting the nutrients you need. I will admit I hve been bad and messed around a bit doing a few PP days when I've been bad (stupid wine making me want bagels!) but I feel much better and have lost more when I've stuck to PP/PV.

I think Candarel is okay - but I have seen Stevia in Sainsbury's I think?

I think that they would be a tolerated item... (again not sure - I don't really like fruit yoghurts so this hasn't been a problem!)... which if you think you're stalling I would stay away from them?

Honestly stick with it - as I've said I am not particualrly the best at sticking with it, so my weight loss hasn't been as fast as most people. But I've almost lost a stone (OMG!) and am feeling so much better for it, and feel like I make better food decisions becuase of it (aside from drunked trips to Bagel shops!) So stick with it and you will get there!

X

Edit: Also if you like coffee - skinny lattes are awesome - with sweetner they satisfy the sweet craving and also fill you up! Only a small one though... 250ml of skimmed milk per day :rolleyes: (but again... I cheat...) - or if you want a caffeine hit a skinny flat white...

Last edited:
Thanks for replying. Today is my 3rd day with no weight loss! It's so annoying as I've only eaten 1 portion of veg in that 3 days! I'm going to do it properly now with 1 day PV and 1 day PP but am not going to weigh myself every day - I'll wait till Saturday and then see!

Hi Willow,
I came off attack on Sunday and too haven't lost anything since? Someone has told me too that we shouldn't do that (although I should imagine I still will).
Also, I've been drining Robinsons squash which is more than 1 calorie per serving so don't think that has helped me.
Good Luck!

I am in the same boat - it was the veggies that did it for me yesterday. So I am doing PP today and tomorrow and hopefully that will jar me back to weight loss.

A note about Aspartame. I know Dukan recommends it, but it is really evil stuff ( and upon heating, it breaks down into formaldehyde - which is toxic). There are some well respected articles out there ( BMJ, NICH etc), which are backed up by proper research. If you are going to use an artificial sweetener, use Sucralose or stevia.

tess

Where do you buy Stevia from I have never heard of it?
Debs

Please dont mess around with extra PP days, Dukan is very much against this. Have another read of his book. Too many PP days after attack may harm your kidneys, no diet is worth that. Just stick to the diet and the weight will go! It really will go, just have a little patience and put the scales away.

Willow,

are you actually eating *enough* - you need to have at least about 2g pure protein per Kg of current bodyweight. However, most protein foods are not pure protein, so for example you'll need more than 100gr of chicken to get 100gr of protein. And don't ever go hungry.

Secondly, are you drinking enough water? Maybe eating too many salty things?

Try posting your (honest!) menus with vague quantities and we'll see if we can find any problems.

You say 'low fat' yoghurt. Is it fat-free (0%)? that's the only yoghurt allowed. Not the 1% or 2% low-fat stuff, it must be 'fat-free' (0.1%). If you're stalling then for now stay away from any fruit yoghurts, they all contain sugar which is definitely banned. After attack you are recommended not to exceed one kilo / one litre in total of dairy - that would be for example two large 500gr pots of fat free yoghurt, because dairy does contain a natural sugar called lactose.

Stevia can be bought in supermarket under the brand name Truvia or PureVia. Personally I perfer Splenda, but yes, avoid Aspartame it's nasty. DrDukan names it because it was (at the time or writing) the major type of sweetener available in France.

And finally: how's your digestion? Dukan is notorious for getting you bunged up - you won't go to the toilet every day, so don't worry about that, it might be more like every few days. that's absolutely normal and nothing to worry about but sometimes you might need to help things along a little, Rhubarb is a favourite around here! This is usually referred to a 'transit issues' by oldies like me!

Even if you are not seeing it on the scales, if you are following the rules you will be losing so please don't give up. when I was Cruising I would stall or even gain a little for about 5 days in a row and then suddenly record a big loss of a pound or more overnight. For most people it's not a steady down curve, more of a zig-zag.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you (sorry Willow for hopping onto your post) I have found Truevia at Tescos and added it to my shop

Thanks for posting. I have to admit that I got too downhearted and failed with the diet yesterday big time. and then this morning there was a pound loss all of a sudden so it was working! I'm back on it today. Am expecting to put a bit on now because of yesterday's failure. Grrrr.

Is Splenda the same as Canderel? Or should I find this Stevia one?

Diet wise - this is what I'm eating pretty much every day:

Breakfast - oat bran with hot skimmed milk and canderel to sweeten, an egg
Lunch - 0% fat free plain natural yogurt (a lot - about 250g) and some chicken just on it's own. Sometimes a bit of tuna or salmon too.
Dinner - either a salmon or chicken breast or turkey breast and then sugar free jelly and more low fat yogurt.

Is this ok? I'm a bit bored of chicken to be honest!

Willow, Splenda is not the same as canderal. Avoid canderal- its aspartame. Stevia (truvia) is also ok.

my day so far:

Asdas 0% fat Greek yogurt, sweetened, with pineapple and coconut flavouring, oatbran and wheatbran

snacks - some ham

Lunch coronation Chicken, and some sweetened yoghurt

and dinner will probably venison,or some chicken and i might make a SF jelly

Tess

Dont despair, I actually put on weight, when I came off of attack....was soooo gutted, but the week after, it picked up massively, and then kept going down! I dont know why, but listen to the folk on here, as its all true, just takes a bit of time and faith! xxxxx

I use any of the cheaper sweetners, and am not having any problems. I use it in baking, drinks, on porridge, in yogurts. I buy asda smart price FF Yogurts...or at least I did till I started making my own.

I lost 6.8lb in attack and then the next day I gained quarter, it went up and down over the next two weeks but i seem to have leveled out now.

Keep at it hun, and def eat enough. I tend to end up with either salads or stir fry veggies for my PV days, also love cauli with a laughing cow triangle melted over it. Yum

Back