Stopped losing why? Help needed please

LizzieM

Hi all
I have been following SW (extra easy) since16[SUP]th[/SUP] September and I have only lost 5lbs!! I have STS for the last 3 weeks and I can’tunderstand why I am not losing more as I have been following the plan 100%since I started, I go to the gym 3-4times a week, I drink plenty of water – what I am doing wrong? I do eat to myappetite and don’t overdo it on portion sizes.

I would really appreciate any advicewhich could help get me losing again.

A typical day’s food diary is as follows

Breakfast
Magic porridge - 35g oats (hexB) mullerlight and frozen berries

Lunch
Bowl of speedy soup (my own variation,made with mixed vegetables, lentils, mixed beans)

Dinner
Tagliatelle with turkey meatballs (recipefrom SW EE recipe book) with sugar snap peas

HexA – 250ml skimmed milk which I use intea and coffee
Syns – this varies between 5 and 10 perday.
Snacks – muller light, apple, banana

Thanks for reading this J

Last edited:
This is really odd. Your diary looks really good. Do you fill out a food diary? Sometimes if I'm stuck in a rut I go back to basics, I change my hex b and have a different meal everyday. I re read the book to jog my memory and see if there is anything I have missed. I also fill out a diary, I find that going back to basics helps when I'm not losing or I'm stuck in a rut. Hope you get back on track soon xx

Have to agree, from your diary here it looks fine. The only thing I can't tell is your portion sizes? Are you eating only until full? Making sure 1/3 of each meal is SF so as it naturally restricts your intake of free and synned foods?

I agree with the previous poster, maybe try mixing things up if you tend to stick to the same recipes (easier said than done)

Do you add anything that you haven't listed to your soup, perhaps there are hidden syns?

Thanks for the help and advice. Yep I write out a food diary making sure I don’t over eat keeping my portions sizes down. The recipes I make from the EE cook book are for 4 people but I find the portions are quite large and end up making 5 portions out of them and freezing them. The soup is basically made with veg I have to hand, onions, carrots, parsnips, swede, leeks. I add tinned tomatoes, lentils in water, mixed beans in water, a handful of dried lentils, ham stock cubes, herbs etc, so no hidden syns there.
I have read through some of the posts from others who are struggling and read that exercise can slow down weight loss, but I am quite an active person and the gym is not a new thing for me. Others suggest eating all the syns allowance helps, so maybe by me sticking to 5 syns on most days is slowing things up.
I will vary things as you guys suggest and make sure I am getting that 1/3 of SF at each meal. I am going to also up the syns to see if that makes any difference and try a few red days. I have come this far I am not going to give up. Watch this space.

Hi Hun
when ive done sw in the past and my weight losses slowed down I found it helped to mix things up.
try different days, have a mix of red, green and extra easy and even a few success express days.
mix up your healthy extras by trying to have something different each day.
check out your book for the S and SS symbols, these foods help speed up your weight loss.
drink more water instead of tea and coffee and fizzy drinks.
Snack on super free foods and consider your portion sizes.
And fit in more body magic.
all of these things will really help.
Stacey xx

what are you spending your syns on - you haven't specified, sometimes people underestimate syn valued, its probably more helpful to write everything down so people can give moe help. x

Thanks everyone for the replies

Did you go to the gym before you started sw? If not it could be affecting the weightloss for a while?

Yeah I've been going to the gym on a regular basis for some time but wasn't really watching what I was eating. I was hoping that the exercise I was doing would compensate for what I was eating. I didn't put on weight but didn't lose it either so I decided to sort out my eating and starting SW.

what are you spending your syns on - you haven't specified, sometimes people underestimate syn valued, its probably more helpful to write everything down so people can give moe help. x

Syns I would keep to approx 5 per day which would be on options chocolate drink - 2, meringue nest - 3, muller greek yogurt - 1/2. On the days I have more I would have 25g of reduced fat cheese to sprinkle on pasta - 3

is there any reason you eat the same things over and over? maybe you need to mix things up a bit and give your body different things x

is there any reason you eat the same things over and over? maybe you need to mix things up a bit and give your body different things x

I am going to mix it up a bit to see if that kick starts my metabolism. Today I have had a red day and used all my syns on 7 quality street chocolates - 2 syns each, rather than my usual merinque nest, fruit and yogurt - 3 1/2 syns and options drink - 2 syns.

Hmmm so probably not the exercise then. Maybe you aren't eating enough? 5 syns a day are the minimum we should have and theres not a lot of calories etc in the soup

The soup is quite filling and I agree looking at it there is probably not a lot of calories in it, so going to look at adding some syns to it maybe some croutons!

Back