Stormy's Atkins Adventure

StormyPetrel

Well, what can i say, i've lost 6lbs this week - my first week on induction and am now only a stone from goal.

What did i think of the Atkins way of doing things? It's great, i really enjoyed the food and i've felt so much better in myself without all that horrible bloatedness from eating so many carbs. Reading the book and information i just can't understand why i haven't twigged before!

A couple of comments at work made me chuckle this week i've only told one friend at work that i'm doing Atkins (she's doing CD) when she saw my lunch (tuna with salad and olives) she said "you can't be doing Atkins that diets all meat isn't it". No! On Friday one of the other girls came in and saw my lunch and said "wow, you always eat such healthy food, it looks delicious". Yes!

One of the best things for me is that it has been great to not feel hungry. It helped that DH was away all week and won't be back until next weekend so i didn't have to consider him in this. I'm sure he'll love the food though (he's the sickening eat anything skinny as a rake type!) but he'll think i've gone mad when he sees cream, butter and cheese on the shopping list when previously i'd nagged him to get me skimmed milk, fat-free yoghurt, cottage cheese and don't forget the pasta, rice and cous cous :8855:

It's been great visiting the forum and i've got lots of inspiration from here, especially from Jim and Laura. Those words "keep it green and clean" and "green, leafy veg" now forever imprinted on my mind :)

Brilliant result well done Stormy... onwards & downwards!! :D

LOL, well done, that feels good doesn't it love. :bliss: :bliss:

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, much appreciated!

End of Induction week 2 now and another 2lbs lost, was TOTM so didn't really expect to lose any, plus i had wine Friday night and last night as DH is back after 2 weeks away - kept to the eating plan though!

You know, even if i never lost another pound on this WOE i'd stick with it - if only for the fact that i feel so good, haven't been hungry, had no cravings and even in just 2 weeks my skin is looking better than in years!

I have less than a stone to goal now so i'm starting OWL this week. Will introduce some more/different veggies for my 5g extra and see how it goes. Think my BMI should hit "normal" very soon now.

Well done, and I love the way you have summarised how you feel - I feel the same it is a wonderful way of eating!!

Nice post love. :)

Back