Stranded so may run out... Advice!!

Hi everyone- we are on hols and due back home Monday- but the storm of the year is brewing apparently. I have not had my third shake today as worried I will run out, if we are stranded. Do you think it is best to cut to two for the next day or two so I don't have to resort to food if we don't get back? Failing that, is anybody in Emsworth area that knows of a pharmacy who supplies? Thanks x

Erm if you run out and are going to end up with nothing for 24 hours maybe try just eating salad as I believe that's ketosis friendly and may sustain you until you can get home

I would say if your really stranded do a refeed to keep you going.

Amie. x

4/10 13St 2Ib
8/10 12St 10Ib (-6Ibs)
15/10 12St 2Ib (-8Ibs) 1 Stone!!
22/10 11St 12Ib (-4Ibs)

GW 10St
UGW 9St 7Ib

Don't think you will have any issues going down to 2 shakes for a couple of days. Just remember to drink enough water to compensate for the missing shake :)

Probs a bit late but you can find a list of chemists on the lipotrim website.

Also 2 shakes a day won't give you enough vitamins or calories. If you're in dire need stick to protein - eggs, tofu, quorn, chicken, fish etc and TINY amounts of green leafy veg.

Thanks people- got back two days late and straight to chemist for a top up!! I am starting refeed this week but when I asked the chemist today if I could have eggs he said they were a big no no. Mind you- he also said I couldn't have peppermint tea, and I a pretty sure we are!!! What do you guys know about the egg thing? Thanks

Thanks people- got back two days late and straight to chemist for a top up!! I am starting refeed this week but when I asked the chemist today if I could have eggs he said they were a big no no. Mind you- he also said I couldn't have peppermint tea, and I a pretty sure we are!!! What do you guys know about the egg thing? Thanks

I can't see any reason why its not possible to swop eggs with tofu, fish, chicken etc. They're protein with little/no fat. There was a trimmer on a thread on here within the last two weeks who was talking about eggs and she'd emailed the LT peeps to ask. Sorry am rubbish at posting links to other threads wish I knew how. You can also have peppermint tea as its a leaf tea. Think I'd take what you're pharmacist says with a pinch of salt.

My chemist told me I can have sugar free mints & breath spray too, and I've since seen on another site not too. We checked the ingredients list on the mints and they are loaded with carbs so good job I didn't have any.

I've always used eggs and never had any issues. They're fine on S&S which is another VLCD (I wrote and asked them).

Back