Stranded!

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Oh No!

As a few of you will know I am staying in a hotel for a few weeks for work. Cue massive dilema about SW and ensuring I stayed on plan.

I have actually done myself proud and made sensible choices all along resulting in a loss each week, despite having to eat out every night

I am today 2 days away from the end of the job and disaster has struck! I have gastric flu!!!!!

So I am basically stuck in a hotel room on my own 340 miles from my loving husband with no prospects of being able to drive home soon without having a nasty evil poo/sick incident on the 6 hour drive. I also still have the 2 days work to finish so will have to stay longer than anticipated after I eventually get well.

I am devastated (and extremely poorly) very lonely and feeling weary and completely fed-up. Don't know what I expect anyone to do but just wanted to share my highs and lows

:cry:

Grrr!! It's horrid being ill when you're away from home and just want your creature comforts around you. And stomach flu is just big (stinky) pants.
*hugs*

Let's concentrate on the good things. You've done absolutely brilliantly making good food choices and losing each week. It's taken some rock-solid determination and I for one am hugely impressed.
And...stuck in that hotel room on your own, you can just rest (not be bored!) and concentrate on getting better without any other distractions, without passing the bug on to your family and friends...and best of all...you don't have to clean the loo!!!! :D

There is that too!!! I didn't want to mention it, because although there are times I'd love a little bout of gastric flu to help me lose weight, chances are it would be a 'false' reading and when you are better and start eating normally again, you might get a gain. Hopefully not though. Not thinking along those lines! No, no, no!

lots of hugs!:flowers:

must admit i had a bit of the :jelous: to hear you werent well!! must have have the bikini signs up in my eyes thinking of the fast approach to being thin!:D

it cant be much fun for you though considering you need to get the work done. hopefully the time will fly past, you are getting all the rest and you will be back home soon with your dh!

Hi -

Hope you feel better soon honey - I don't like the sound of that illness. Have you ever read Harry Potter...you sound like a blast ended screwt! ;)

You've done so well to lose whilst being away like that, so big well done to you. And if you can face that, you can face anything. :)

xxxxx

Just sending you lots of love and big hugs.

Sleep, sleep and more sleep will help your body recover and drink plenty of fluids too when you can - (sorry I'm an ex nurse, and I can't help the advice).

Thinking of you and hoping you will be feeling better very soon, best wishes and love to you. XX

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly Claire ~ sending you lots of hugs hun! Hellie's post made me laugh ~ she definitely outlined the positives!! Anyhow just take it easy (not that you can do anything else!) and hopefully you will start to feel better soon. Btw well done on staying on track whilst being away, not an easy thing to do so be proud! xx

Oh poor you! I have to stay away a lot for work, so no how horrid it is to be ill alone with nobody there to fetch you pain killers and hot drinks. I hope you feel better soon and can curl up and read/watch some brainless TV.

Feel better soon x

Thanks so much for all the support, you lovely people!

I feel a little brighter, and am relishing the novelty of having no appetite or urge to eat (never happened before lol)

You all made me feel surrounded by friends, even so far away from home. You are all very special and you all made a real difference to me today

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Huneybunch! Drink lots of water to flush your sytem out. Keep warm and rest as much as you can. Sends healing vibes:sick0019:

LOL : Judi!!! I love it that you put that little smiley! Hahahaha!!!

Hope you're feeling a bit better now. You've done tremendously well whilst you've been away. Once you feel better just a couple more days then you'll be home. Keep up the good work :)

Back