Strange effect of weight loss.

BFBecosse

Since losing the weight - went from max of 19 stone (ish) to a fairly steady weight of just under 13 stone - I have acquired a strange malady.
I seem to be suffering a thing called foot drop.

In short, I have difficulty lifting my left foot in what they call dorsiflexion - pointing the foot up the way - and my big toe on my left foot is basically frozen in that it won't lift at all. Can still curl down the way, but won't lift.

Doc says I will have to go for nerve tests.
Apparently it's something to do with the nerves in my knees.

Anyone else experience such a strange thing ?

(P.S. Doesn't even remotely hurt as such, it's actually more of a slight numbness and the fact that my left foot 'slaps' a bit when I walk.)

Eek. That doesn't sound good.

Never heard it having anything to do with weightloss though. Strange.

Well done for your weight loss so far. Fab going. Did the doctor say it was due to losing the weight?

Eek. That doesn't sound good.

Never heard it having anything to do with weightloss though. Strange.

Well done for your weight loss so far. Fab going. Did the doctor say it was due to losing the weight?

The doctor said it might be a factor - my knees are bonier than they used to be, so it might be causing a nerve issue apparently.
As I said above, it doesn't cause any distress a bit, but my foot moves slightly strangely, that's all.
If it can be fixed easily, fair enough. If it's going to stay like this, I guess I can live with it.

Do get it checked out. I don't want to frighten you, but there are a lot of other things (mostly scary stuff) that can cause foot drop, so you'll definitely want to follow up!

Everything now back to normal.
Just sort of gradually started working again.

Which is nice.

Down to 175lbs now as well.

Which is even nicer.

Back