Strange Question about fruit

JCfoodie

Hi

I'm new to this, so I'm sure it will sound like a strange question. I know fruit is a Super Free Food, is there a limit on how much you an eat a day. I'm almost finished my first week (have my first weigh in tomorrow eekkk) and I seem to be eating a lot of fruit each day. The thing I'm worried about is the amount of sugar in the fruit. So is there a limit on the amount of fruit I should be eating? As I have a rather sweet tooth and this seems to be curbing my chocolate craving, well this and muller light's.
Any help you could give would be great. :)

DP

There is no limit but you're not supposed to stuff yourself with it. Its always gonna be better than eating a Mars bar

I sometimes try to be really good and chop up carrot sticks but its soooooooooo much easier to peel a banana!!!

I bought some little boxes to make some carrot sticks to keep ready in the fridge but I'm so easily tempted by the fruit bowl instead, apples and satsumas are my fav.

And I dont like veg very much so I eat lots and lots of fruit but I think this has been mentioned before about the sugar content.:confused:

Thanks for the help. I have been eating lots of melon and persimmons fruits. I'm not eating it for the sake of eating, just when I get peckish throughout the day.
I do have another question which has probably been answered. Spices such as Chinese 5 spice, piri piri, and other dry spices do I have to syn these or are they free?
Sorry for all the questions.

PB
x

Most spices are free but I'm not sure about stuff like piri piri cos I noticed today it has sugar in it, so I left it in the supermarket.

Jenna88 said:
As for chopping carrot sticks...are you mad, tesco sell them in little sticks for a pound hehe! I'm too lazy!
I have at least 2 pieces of fruit a day but usually more. As a precious poster said aslong as you're only eating it when hungry and not for the sake of it you're fine :)

I too think you're mad for chopping them up but mainly cos I don't even bother peeling carrots before I eat them!

as a rule sw say eat when hungry and until full (not stuffed like a xmas turkey) so as long as you are doing that and having good losses i wouldnt worry if your losses are suffering have a write down to see if you can find where you are going wrong and if you cant find a reason try reducing fruit and swapping for a diff snack if it works you know its the fruit its all a bit of trial and error finding how the diet works with your body

I find fruit doesnt affect me, but 2 friends both on SW find that if they eat too many bananas they have a gain that week. So maybe everything in moderation and only when hungry is the way forward

the absolute BEST piece of fruit to snack on is a cold apple. I personally love Granny Smiths they are so crisp refreshing and I dunno why they just seem so long to eat. Dont fanny about and peel it or chop it up. Just wash it, rub it and bite into it mmmmm

Granny smiths are my favourite, closely followed by satsumas. I often chop up a granny smith and have slices of it on ryvita with Philadelphia or laughing cow triangle spread. Yum.

Back