Strawberries and cream sponge

Sineadw

I found the recipe in a weightwatchers book and i syned it. It didn't seem too bad I want to post it but can someone double check the syns to make sure I'm right. Don't want to give you all a recipe that might end up ruining all your good work eeek!!!! It serves 8 so I think it's Roughly 5 syns a slice but please double check :)

3 Eggs (free)
100g caster sugar (19.5)
100g plain flour (12.5)

Filling

6 tablespoons of Quark (free)
6 taplespoons half fat crem fraiche (6 syns)
1 tablespoon brandy (2.5)
250g strawberries hulled and sliced thinly (free)
Sweetener to taste (free)

1. Preheat oven to gas mark 5 190c and line the base of 2 x 18cm sandwich tins with greaseproof paper

2. Boil a saucepan of water and then redusce to a gentle simmer. place eggs and sugar in a heatproof dish and set this over the simmering water.#

3 using a electric whisk beat the mixture to a pale cteam foam. It should be thick enough to leave a trail for 2 to 3 seconds

4. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue wisking for a couple of minutes. sift in the flour and fold in the flour with a metal spoon.

5. pour the mixture into the prepared tins. Bake for 20 mins or until the sponge is golden and just firm to the touch. Leave for 5 mins before turning out to cool.

6. For the filling mix in the Quark creme fraiche and sweetener. Fold in the brandy and strawberries and sandwich the cake with the filling. Dust the top with sweetener.

AND THE BEST BIT WHICH I WILL BE DOING IS TO MAKE IT A CHOCOLATE SPONGE REPLACE A TABLESPOON OF THE FLOUR WITH COCOA. Yippee.

i'm going to make it tommorow!!!

Back