strawberries...

Sez

has started again!!
Just ate a quarter of a large strawberry whilst preparing their tea.:( (I have just made toad in the hole, dry-roast spuds and steamed broccolli, with fresh strawberries to finish.)

It just popped into my mouth before the voices could even start...

Am I being silly worrying about the ketosis? Do you think it will affect me? I could kick myself for being sooooo stupid.:mad:

Sorry Sarah, I don't have a clue about what particular foods do and do not knock you out of ketosis. I'm crossing my fingers for you though that you'll stay in it - I'm sure 1/4 of one can't hurt too much.

Cath

Hi Sez- of all the little fruit accidents you could have had, this was the 'best' one- berries are low in carbs and you are allowed strawberries, blackberries etc in the later stages of Atkins- so one quarter should not knock you out of ketosis. Be careful though- if it had been a slice of banana it would have been:whoopass: time!!
Kx

Oh Sez,

I did that in Autumn when walking along the canal towpath. Before I knew it, I'd scoffed 5 yummy, juicy blackberries! Hehehe. I did it again a few weeks later eating a mange tout which was just about to fall of my husband's plate. And on another occasion it was carrot sticks - they were sitting next to me in a bowl and I ate four or five before realising.

Didn't do me any harm...

I wouldn't concern yourself too much over a little thing like that. I think that the worry is with doing that with many people is that they can't stop at that quarter. By the time they know it, they have eaten a whole punnet and then feel rotten over it. I can't see it doing you any harm what-so-ever

Did a test this am, with a ketostix. All seems ok, thankfully!

I am so glad I stopped at just that bit, but boy did I worry about it! I am so determined I am not going to fail at this, that I just had a panic! Much happier now, if feeling a bit grotty! (Headaches, shivers and stuff....oh joy!)

Back