Strawberry Cupcakes

bexyboo

Gold Member
I have just made these cupcakes for the first time in about two years and I have forgotten how good they are!!!
Makes 16 - Vegetarian - Ready in about 40mins.

You need:

3 eggs
2oz/ 57g low fat spread
6-8tbsp artificial sweetener
4oz/113g self-raising flour
2-3 drop vanilla essence
½tsp strawberry flavouring

To decorate:

A couple of drop of red food colouring
8 level tsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting
8strawberries

Step 1:

Pre-heat the oven to degrees C/degrees F/gas 4. Put paper cases in a mini muffin tin. Whisk together the eggs, low fat spread and sweetener. Sieve the flour. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the flour with the vanilla essence and the strawberry flavouring.

Step 2:

Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.

Step 3: Mix a few drops of water and food colouring with the icing sugar. Spoon on to the cakes. garnish with halved strawberries and dust with icing sugar!

2 syns per cupcake!

Enjoy everyone

***taken from aug/sept 2009 SW mag***

They sound delish!! Definitely going to give them a try - thanks for posting :D
xxx

I made these last year and they were awful (they were in last year's summertime leaflet). Baking isnt my strong point - but i really dont believe you can make a decent tasting cake with low fat spread and sweetener.

And I just cannot get the right consistency with icing - it always ends up far too runny and just runs over the edges of the cakes

Just made these, they were meant to be for a taster session tomorrow and they have come out awful!!! Gutted as the picture looked so nice on slimming world online - I will never understand how I can follow a cake recipe to the tee and still fail miserabley!!! x

I made these yesterday!..........one lot is strawberry the other grapes.

Pete’s Fruity Egg Custards

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
4 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg
Strawberries
Grapes

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Place fruit in the base of the ramekins.
Pour into ramekins and add more fruit to fill any voids then sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 35 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

Attachments

• Fruity Egg Custards (Large).JPG
    Fruity Egg Custards (Large).JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 294
Back