Strawberry Is not my friend :)

I must try the chocolate one with peppermint tea. Yea, I really love peppermint tea, when I'm out and about, you can spot me with a flask usually :) I quite like it strong and sweet, have discovered stevia as a sweetener which is really awesome and quite cheap in Aldi's.

I used to love mine mixed in with the vanilla shake when I did lipotrim but haven't tried it with the exante one yet!!

When I make them hot, I just whisk hot liquid into them in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. Yea I did make a cold shake with 250ml in the exante shaker with metal ball, but I found it watery somehow. Maybe I used more water than I realised. Will try again. Oh I do have a hand blender though, I could try that. I suppose that wouldn't work on ice though, would it? I have read of a few making the shakes with ice, I reckon the stick blender wouldn't cope with that very well.

My Russell stick blender crushes ice up a treat! Better then my stand alone blender xx

Oh wow, maybe I should risk it....my stick blender was only a cheap tesco's one, I wonder if it could cope. Or I just have to get really angry and crush it all by hand :p

@ Chelly Haven't tried it in vanilla, that might be an idea.

I had my vanilla shake hot today! I usually use 200ml as its thicker then but it depends on different people's tastes! I also tried my chocolate one with a small amount of water so it was like a mousse kinda paste haha quite sickly but I guess it's all trial and error:) I bought some bouillon today, how much is allowed a day and how much do people put per cup as I don't have a clue haha

Oh wow, maybe I should risk it....my stick blender was only a cheap tesco's one, I wonder if it could cope. Or I just have to get really angry and crush it all by hand :p

@ Chelly Haven't tried it in vanilla, that might be an idea.

I had a really cheap tescos one for Cambridge and it worked ok then. Input ice in the cup first then add some water and whizz it all up a bit then add the powder xx

Oh thanks, I will definitely try that! Worth a shot. And I've now got fantasies of mixing it with the flavoured coffees...

Mmmmmmmm yum, I like that, I mix chocolate with peppermint tea and its lovely x

Going back to the original post, strawberry is not my friend either! It tastes a bit too artificial and chemical to me. I have now tried all of the soups and shakes, and the two bars, and the only things I am not keen on are the tomato and basil soup and the strawberry shake. I think I know the remedy for the soup, so next time I have it I will add more water and maybe some herbs to see if that is an improvement. But I have no idea what to do to improve the strawberry shake.

The stick blender isn't great with ice, you need a jug one, even then it doesn't get all the ice you tend to get small lumps of ice left but on a sunny day that's quite nice it also adds more air in it so it is fluffy! x

Not tried any of the shakes cold yet, love them hot too much as i find it fills the belly more when you have something hot in it lol
I just make mine in a mug, i fill to quarter of a cup and stir into a liquid paste then fill to half a mug and stir some more then top up and stir again voila!!
By the time i get to my desk it's thickened up nicely and i can drink it up.
You do get a few small lumps that will sit on the top but i like it. I also do my porridge this way in a mug with hot water from kettle and is lovely. I have to have it in a mug at work as I am not allowed bowls at my desk and I don't have a break so drink it instead!

Am to lazy to bother crushing ice, blending etc lol xx

The stick blender isn't great with ice, you need a jug one, even then it doesn't get all the ice you tend to get small lumps of ice left but on a sunny day that's quite nice it also adds more air in it so it is fluffy! x

Russell Hobs black and red stick blender is amazing with ice! Blends it up completely unt it's crushed! Xx

Not tried any of the shakes cold yet, love them hot too much as i find it fills the belly more when you have something hot in it lol
I just make mine in a mug, i fill to quarter of a cup and stir into a liquid paste then fill to half a mug and stir some more then top up and stir again voila!!
By the time i get to my desk it's thickened up nicely and i can drink it up.
You do get a few small lumps that will sit on the top but i like it. I also do my porridge this way in a mug with hot water from kettle and is lovely. I have to have it in a mug at work as I am not allowed bowls at my desk and I don't have a break so drink it instead!

Am to lazy to bother crushing ice, blending etc lol xx

Yes I'm finding the shakes hot much more satisfying, I do think the hot liquid makes it thicken up more. Seems more like a meal. I find that on my really wobbly days spending a bit of time on preparing my pack gives me the feeling of cooking. Which is why I quite like spending the time on my carbonara for dinner, it takes a while, not as quick as shakes or soups. But it makes it feel more proper somehow :)

Russell Hobs black and red stick blender is amazing with ice! Blends it up completely unt it's crushed! Xx

That sounds quite interesting, must look into it. I had a proper jug blender but I found it really hard to handle and due to a tiny kitchen I just had nowhere to keep it. So I ended up giving it away. Have you tried it to make smoothies with it? I know obviously right now on Exante that's not very useful, but I used to have green smoothies quite regularly before and will do again after my weight loss. I wonder if the Russell Hobbs stick blender could cope with it.

That sounds quite interesting, must look into it. I had a proper jug blender but I found it really hard to handle and due to a tiny kitchen I just had nowhere to keep it. So I ended up giving it away. Have you tried it to make smoothies with it? I know obviously right now on Exante that's not very useful, but I used to have green smoothies quite regularly before and will do again after my weight loss. I wonder if the Russell Hobbs stick blender could cope with it.

I haven't tried it with smoothies but I think it could handle it, it's very powerful and I think it said smoothies on the box. It's like 750w with two settings. Xx

That sounds really good, thanks, will look into it. So handy to be able to put it away when not needed, rather than cluttering up my work surface, which is already taken up by juicer, slow cooker and coffee machine *tut* All I've been doing with those at the moment is dust them. Bit annoying really but don't know where else to put them...in the guest room perhaps hehe

Thats sounds fab! I used to have a smoothie maker with the ice crusher mode but it took up so much space and was a pain to clean... Will be looking into this, thank you! x

I think i got like a hand blender as a present some where in one of my boxes for our new house so i must have a dig in to see if i can find it

Back