Stretch marks and bingo wings

Guru

Silver Member
On my upper arms, I not only have bingo wings but I also have stretch marks. They have faded to white/silvery lines over time but I can still see them and I know other people can too. Which is one of the reasons I never wear sleeveless tops.

So even when I'm skinny, I'll still not wear sleeveless tops :(

Am I alone?

my friend had similar, and she lost 8st on Lighter Life and her bingo wings have almost gone and she looks cool in sleeveless, her overall figure and happy demeaner is what you see

I myself have really bad acne scars on my upper arms and I still wear sleeveless tops, I ask constantly if people can see them but apparently I can see them more than most, so maybe the same with your silver lines?

HTH

x

My friend had horrible stretch marks across her stomach, she used Bio Oil and said that they got so much better that she wouldn't feel concious wearing a bikini in the summer - how about trying that for the stretch marks? :)

me too, I think once we get the weight off we can choose to focus our negative body image on the minor things that not everyone notices! Its up to us as how we see ourselves and how we dress.

PS for the days that are really bad fake tan does wonders for the silvery lines! Bio oil is a godsend too

Aye I have thought about Bio Oil, but I thought that was for when they are just red/pink and it doesn't do anything once they fade to the white lines?

bn3003 you may be right that I am more conscious of them then other people are!

I have stretch marks too, however I've been using Palmer's which is meant to be good for stretch marks. I'm 18 so I'm hoping I won't get too much saggy skin. I've got dumb bells and will start using them to tone up my bingo wings. I used to hate my stretch marks, but even slim people and people who use the gym regularly have them. I'm not going to let a few stretch marks stop me from wearing the clothes I want, as being overweight for so long has.

I have stretch mark on my upper arms too so you're not alone hun. For the record I know someone who is a size 8 put packed on a load of weight when pregnant (it went everywhere which was a little weird!) who also has stretch marks on her upper arms, so it's not just a 'big person' problem!;)

ahh i have stretch marks on my stomach and hips but i consider them my war scars from the battle of labour, they dont really bother me so much im far more concerned with my bags of sugar hanging off a nail boobs! no ones perfect everyone has bits they dont like ive never tried bio oil but the cocoa butter did naff all for my skin and i just dont worry about it anymore.

Ah I've got them on my stomach and hips and thighs too - and I've never even had a baby!

I am not so worried about those as I can cover them with clothes, but my arms really bother me.

I have stretch marks on my stomach and I hate them! I have had children but still..... I have now lost 5 1/2 stone wear a size 8-10 from a size 18. I am going away in 3 1/2 weeks and I havent worn a bikini for years........ I have bought some tankinis but thought sod it and have bought 2 bikinis as well feel a little nervous about wearing them...... but other people have said to me dont worry everyone has a part of there body they dont like. I have got dark skin even though my stomach isnt brown as its always hidden......... but Im going to go for it...... Urghh and I will have my two little monkeys there so if anyone sees my stretch marks they will see my kids too.. lol

i find using fake tan good for hiding them if your consious. johnsons holiday skin is brill

does it cover them up then?? or can you still see them ?

I'm currently using an aloe vera product that is supposed to help, I'll let you know if it seems to be working!

curly it helps cover them up but make sure you do it gradually and really rub it in - it does help to cover them and because the tan is gradually built up you can determine how dark you want to go and the shade right for yourself. it does work by covering them up . its good stuff but dont just use it on the stretch marks, do the whole area, it looks great on your chest and arms . i use it all the time and when its fading a bit i just top it up, it moisturises my skin.
i sound like a johnsons rep! im not! honest

curly it helps cover them up but make sure you do it gradually and really rub it in - it does help to cover them and because the tan is gradually built up you can determine how dark you want to go and the shade right for yourself. it does work by covering them up . its good stuff but dont just use it on the stretch marks, do the whole area, it looks great on your chest and arms . i use it all the time and when its fading a bit i just top it up, it moisturises my skin.
i sound like a johnsons rep! im not! honest

Thanks so much hon, I have some johnsons holiday tanning at home its in a yellow bottle...... I used it once ages ago but never used it on my tummy!! I am going to try it tonight............ heres to no more stretch marks ....... he he x

I like the Dove one, it doesn't smell as minging as the Johnson's one.

I will have to dig it out and give it a try.

no worries curly, just use it for about 4 days, thats how long it takes for the tan to really come out with it so persevere and honest you will not notice them half as much !

by the way, you look great ! well done on your weight loss!

i have stretch marks and although the skin on my arms has tightened i can never imagine wearing sleeveless tops. i would always wear a cardi or jacket over the top. but i don't mind really! maybe when i go back to australia and i am roasting i will get the vest tops out but over here it doesn't really matter.

Back