Striking a balance - a few curry questions

Lucky7

Lucky7
If chicken dhansak is 6.5 on EE, then I think prawn and black eye bean dhaksak must be the same or lower.

Do you agree, or am I just being hopeful??

Going for a curry on Friday with my best friend from school who's over from NZ, who I haven't seen for a couple of years now. I'm hoping that planning ahead will stop me going TOO far, but it will be a flexi-evening.

Pub first - Gin and slimline tonic, or whisky and diet coke (whichever has the largest mixer bottles - I HATE the squirty coke)

Then to the Indian restaurant...
No starter / bread / popadoms (if I can!!)
Prawn dhansak and rice for meal (6.5 syns)
Diet coke to drink with meal.

AND - how many syns for a chicken tikka starter do you think? Maybe this would be the best bet to stop me stealing other peoples more fatty starters / side dishes rather than leaving it that I'll 'try' not to have popadoms - what's the chances of that after being in the pub for a few hours?!!

I've been trying really hard for the last couple of weeks at sticking to plan, and have joined a gym where I've been doing dance based classes and swimming (3-4 times a week - well, in the last week anyway - I only just joined lol). I really don't want to mess it all up, but I only get to see Libby once every five years or so, so I don't want to put a dampener on the evening.

So excited to be seeing her!!

x

Hi,

Prawns are super speed food so a better choice than chicken.

When I have made chicken tikka at home, its yogurt and spices, then you just leave the chicken in it for a couple of hours then grill. So I think as a starter you would be ok with that.

When I go for curry I tend to stick to tikka masala and ask them not to add cream. Of course you cant be sure if they do or not lol

I def want the prawn dhansak - it's my absolutely favourite meal. The chicken tikka starter was only to keep me away from naughties like popadoms at the start of the meal. I'm a SW danger area until I get my own healthy food in front of me!

Back