Striking a balance - a few curry questions

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Lucky7, 16 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If chicken dhansak is 6.5 on EE, then I think prawn and black eye bean dhaksak must be the same or lower.

Do you agree, or am I just being hopeful??

Going for a curry on Friday with my best friend from school who's over from NZ, who I haven't seen for a couple of years now. I'm hoping that planning ahead will stop me going TOO far, but it will be a flexi-evening.

Pub first - Gin and slimline tonic, or whisky and diet coke (whichever has the largest mixer bottles - I HATE the squirty coke)

Then to the Indian restaurant...
    No starter / bread / popadoms (if I can!!)
    Prawn dhansak and rice for meal (6.5 syns)
    Diet coke to drink with meal.

AND - how many syns for a chicken tikka starter do you think? Maybe this would be the best bet to stop me stealing other peoples more fatty starters / side dishes rather than leaving it that I'll 'try' not to have popadoms - what's the chances of that after being in the pub for a few hours?!!

I've been trying really hard for the last couple of weeks at sticking to plan, and have joined a gym where I've been doing dance based classes and swimming (3-4 times a week - well, in the last week anyway - I only just joined lol). I really don't want to mess it all up, but I only get to see Libby once every five years or so, so I don't want to put a dampener on the evening.

So excited to be seeing her!!

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. patsy101

patsy101 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi,

Prawns are super speed food so a better choice than chicken.

When I have made chicken tikka at home, its yogurt and spices, then you just leave the chicken in it for a couple of hours then grill. So I think as a starter you would be ok with that.

When I go for curry I tend to stick to tikka masala and ask them not to add cream. Of course you cant be sure if they do or not lol

4. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I def want the prawn dhansak - it's my absolutely favourite meal. The chicken tikka starter was only to keep me away from naughties like popadoms at the start of the meal. I'm a SW danger area until I get my own healthy food in front of me!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.