Struggler/Restarter: CC & good ol' fashioned exercise!

spudsnipes

Last year I lost 25lb due to a range of diets - mostly WW, SW and CC - though CC was best for me. It was very easy to track with the android app and MyFitnessPal. I also did my first ever Race For Life, even though it was only 5k I treated it like the marathon and started 'training' 6 months in advance lol it did me good cos I finished in 35 minutes. That was last July and that was the last time I can positively say I felt good. Since then, I stopped running and loosened my dieting belt. I started my second year as a 'mature student' (at the age of 25!!) and this year has been so intense, I also began part time work 22 hours a week so as well as studying full time I found my diet and exercise lacked.

I tried to diet again, doing slim fast did nothing I found myself bingeing late at night and found a love of raw cake batter - yep, raw! I find that stress makes me eat more, at the moment I am going through final exams and trying to finish my course on time to get into university this September and as a result in the last 24 hours I've managed to eat a 400g bar of Toblerone....

I've found exercise to be hard, I have little to no energy and stamina. I started kettlebells and for a while this worked for me but I quickly tired of it. I moved to Insanity workout for quick results and the same happened.

Now that I finish my course in 2 weeks I am feeling quite hopeful that I'll be able to get my dieting back on track because I'll have more time. I've re-installed my C25K and MyFitnessPal apps on my phone and I'm ready to go.

I'm very dissapointed in myself for having put on all the weight I lost last year, but its done now and theres nothing I can do about it. I'm feeling sorry for myself at the moment but also very honest with myself which I haven't been doing lately.

I have 7 weeks until my holiday, as much as I'd like to say that I'll have 2 stone off by then I'm not going to pressurise myself. One day at a time, if I can stick to plan for 3 days it would be the biggest dieting achievement of the year!

Lastly, now I'm getting back on the C25K and CC wagon, if anyone wants to buddy up with me - more for C25K really - then I'd appreciate the moral support.

I'll be uploading a blog and keeping track on here with a diary, I'd like to hear about other peoples struggles and victories - I'm sure theres plenty of them I know I'm not the only one :)

Heres to looking forward to a brighter, healthier and more positive future.

Well, I weighed myself this morning and it's not as bad as I thought. I thought that I'd be up to 14st 7 again but I'm weighing in at 13st 10lb.

Saw pictures of someone I used to know very well a few years back and she's lost 1.5st recently and she looks brilliant she's made me realise that I have do this if I just stick to it. I've finally got the motivation I've been looking for all this time. Feeling very focused, bring it on I say!

Ha ha, obvious wasn't it! I'm doing cc myself now, sticking to 1000 calories a day. My fitness pal is a godsend!

Back