Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Struggling at work

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Yummymummy2012, 10 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Yummymummy2012

Yummymummy2012 Member

I find days off really easy to stick to the duet, but when I'm rushing around at work, or doing funny shifts, I end up eating rubbish convenience foods and feeling awful. All we have is a microwave at work - any ideas anyone? ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    I am the same work is hell

I am thinking of leaving most of my cals for work.

I have to say I know they are nit the best but morrisons eat smart meals are nice such as the fish pie and they are under 400 cals mostly

Or how about a baked pot with reduced fat cheese and beans? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. Yummymummy2012

Yummymummy2012 Member

I'm just a potato snob and love them out of the oven! I'm living on ready meals while I'm there, they just never seem the healthiest option! I think I just need to get more organised. I move next week so once that's out of the way I'm going to try batch cooking and freezing stuff so I'm mire prepared

5. Viking82

Viking82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.7lb(26.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Soup! Incredibly filling, often only £1 for nice fresh ones and usually quite low-cal. Can add bread or other carb if you fond it's a bit lacking in calories and you're very active.

Couscous salad is really easy to assemble - just need hot water and some sliced veg, eg, peppers, tomatoes. You can cook some pastas if they're fresh just by putting them in hot water for 4 mins. Good if you like tortellini.

Also the Innocent veg pots are quite nice and often on offer, also healthy and low cal but I find some a bit bland - need a little salt.

Last edited: 11 July 2011
  6. Cherry_Pie

Cherry_Pie Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.18%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I second suggestions for the veg pots and making stuff in batches. I'm oddly the other way around to you - fine sticking on the diet when I'm at work, but it's the days off where I struggle. I always make my own lunch (to save money more than anything.) I don't have a microwave, so for me it's either a salad, a wrap or a sandwich. Thinking of getting a big flask so I can bring in hot chunky soup too - yum!

7. happyhippo

happyhippo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    a good thing to buy is a food flask its wider and chunkier than a thermos but keeps your food hot :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.