Struggling due to money :(

Thanks everyone, some fab advice given! I feel loads better now we have food in (just need to go butchers for meat!) and I can stick to plan for the next week. Hopefully this thread will help others that are struggling financially too :)

I weighed myself this morning (not been to official WI as i've been poorly) and i've lost 2lb :D that means i'm within healthy BMI and just 5lb from my target of 10stone!!

Well done me :D not bad to say i've not really stuck to plan this week! x

One thing you might consider is looking up old housekeeping and recipe books. Read up on how people were thrifty with their money and cooking in the old days and made very little food go a long way.

hi im always stuck for cash lol tend to get as much fruit and veg 49p deals from aldi meat is also cheap there at the mo chicken thighs 6/8 in a pack for 1.99 and lamb chops 2.39 quiet large ones pack of 4 , mince from asda is good for lots of things and if you use up all your old veg ect at the end of the week to bulk up the mince to make chilli, spag boll curry and freeze what you can , large bag potatoes 1.29 in asda . if you have a home bargains great for walkers light crisps 10p a bag, large snack a jacks 69p, alpen light cereal bars 19p each , pasta in sauce 49p batchelores savoury rice 49p . iceland also very good for some things check them out and good luck xxxx

Thanks guys!

I'm REALLY fussy when it comes to meat & will only eat top quality super lean stuff from the butchers :ashamed0005::ashamed0005::ashamed0005:

Great tips everyone, will defo be paying Aldi a visit next week x

Thanks guys!

I'm REALLY fussy when it comes to meat & will only eat top quality super lean stuff from the butchers :ashamed0005::ashamed0005::ashamed0005:

Great tips everyone, will defo be paying Aldi a visit next week x

Me too LOL... Drives my OH mad, but im always more careful when shopping for other things. This thread is helpful!! Thanks everyone :) x

Well done on weight loss.
Yeah shopping really difficult on a budget.
I remember walking round asda once with £20 cash and a calculator adding everything up and getting BOGOFF and the 2 for £3 stuff. Then I got to the till and all the deals didn't go through and the checkout lady treated me like scum. Ick I hate being on a budget.
Just been tesco this morning and got a few bargains.
I got:
A melon £1
Punnet Nectarines £1
Large Lamb Shank £1.90
Pork Belly 60p
Sea Bass Fillets £2.60 (2 meals)
I bought other stuff as well but it will feed me for a week

Back