Struggling for over 10 years now

Why don't you post on this forum , or start a new forum ?

Monday

Breakfast = Fruit Cocktail & Yoghurt
Dinner = Potato & Beans
1x Low Cal Crisps
Tea = Mash Beans Chicken Steak

Tuesday 23rd 09/08

Dinner = Potato & Beans & Sausage
1x Banana
Tea = Mash Peas & Fish Nuggets

Wednesday 24th 09/08

Dinner = Cheese Sandwich & Low Cal Crisps
2x Banana
Tea = Low cal Curry

Thursday 25th 09/08

Dinner = Salad Bowl
Alpen Bar
Tea = Mash Chicken Nuggets Beans

Friday 26th 09/08

Dinner = Potato & Beans & Sausage
1x Small Bag Yoghurt Nuts
Tea = Chips & Lasagne

Saturday 27th 09/08

Dinner = Potato & Beans Sausage Cheese
1x Yoghurt
Tea = Takeaway

Friday I really messed up cos we ate out in a cafe, and I shouldnt have had chips, Last night we had takeaway which Im really gutted about now, although we didnt order anywhere near what we would before but still, this is what I had last week, I dont know if this is a good plan or rubbish, any ideas where Im going wrong, or right lol

Fruit Cocktail I normally have a tin with a Muller Light for breakfast, this is the only thing I have found that fills me till dinner, I used to only have cereal for dinner, but started having a Potato with something to fill me longer, the beans and sausage are the tinned variety, yay or nay? I also will probably throw tuna filling in there some days to mix it up, this way of eating actually stopped me from eating after tea, which is important, Im still not drinking enough water though, and keep going for the Pure Orange Juice instead, which cant be as good?

hi there , my son opened a can of fruit cocktail last night , the can is 411 g so every 100g is 61 , its ok as long as you never had the whole tin , with the yogut , was it muller light ?
I think the sauasges and mash and nuggets , chips and lasagne , could be a problem . its all fatty foods , which really you need to stay away from with mash , it all depends how its done , also chips , you can eat these sorts of foods but maybe spray with fry lite and oven bake , but with mixing meats and carbs you can but its abit like SW not to much

have you asked your doctor for a diet sheet , years ago they gave me one , also there are diets on the web , if I find some i will post , just to give you some ideas of what sort of foods . but well done on cutting back !!!

Yeah its hard work and I see what your sayin, cos thats how I feel about last week, too many so so foods and meals.....

I just want a simple diet plan, I also like routine, so would prefer to eat similar things daily, although this is not always best is it.

I usually have a full tin of fruit cocktail with Muller Light for breakfast, maybe I should half the tin with my partner but keep the yoghurt, she has a tin aswell, maybe thats too much, I dont buy the syrup one though, just the fruit juice ones. I normally buy asdas good for you variety of foods as I like those. My main issue is my appetite, its big lol, and I am also home 24 hours a day, so its hard work, but yeah a simple 3 meal a day plan is what I know deep down I want, but its knowing what to have 3 times a day, and what will fill me, so something healthy but real filling lol, any ideas how I could tweak what I have been having?

I think SW diet is for you guys ! do you have a group near you , also this is good cos it will get you out of the house meeting people , you can eat so much , they will tell you at the group how it works , its red days and green days , have you heard of this diet , its a diet you can eat so much on . also can you get out walking both of you ?

theres lots of hidden nasties in your weekly diet and obvious things like you say a chesse sandwich - is that just cheese and bread or is there a spread?? get it. you defo need more healthier snacks throughout the day but weight watchers or sw would help YOU understand what your really taking in and whether you need to make changes. In the first week of weight watchers they tell you what to eat so that might work or pick up a weight watchers or slimming world magazine as they usually have a weeks menu if you want to be told what to do. once you understand the diets, you can add variations. hope that helps but it seems you need to get an understanding of the basics otherwsie you will not succeed by just gaining snippets of info here and there. sorry if sounds harsh but like wayne said earlier, you do become mini nutritionists especially in terms of whats high in points, whats ok etc and your diet seems to be full of hidden naughty things without you even realising it. Try and atend a weekly meeting, get the literature, get the magazines, then if youve got the basics you can go it alone and use us here, but it seems you need to develop your basic knowledge and i think the only way is to choose a diet plan and try it. Good luck and sorry if this is long
x

that's great!! it should start you off on understanding the basics. i have done weight watchers on and off and you soon learn where the hidden fat is.
good luck and keep us posted
x

Hey thats really good, its a good diet cos you can eat so much on SW , how did you get on ?

how are you gtting on with slimming world? starting to make sense of things?
stay postive
s

Back