Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

OK, the sun has disappeared now up here and I have come in for my choc bar lunch & more herb teas. Fingers are all stung with pulling up nettles & two hours has barely put a dent in it... but you're right, I WANT to get it done and I will. An hour or two a day would do it, just like with the CD it's one step at a time but it all adds up. The garden can be the 'new gym' for me! And the treat of a trip to garden centre is a good idea... have cleared a bit of flower garden which now has a good few gaps to fill!

Glad everyone is on track... Barnsie, your stats are amazing, my hero!

xxx
Ooh yeowch on the nettle stings.....if you've no dock leaves handy, I've read that a paste made from baking soda and water rubbed on and left for few minutes, helps.

I did my weeding in a few spurts....every bit helps.

Agree with you on Barnsie - legend!

Minz, thank you! I am a bit weird, after the initial ouch has worn off, I quite like the tingle of nettle stings... makes me think I have done something!!! Feeling quite chirpy even though the sun has gone, might go out again & weed the little patch we have at the front & get the place looking tidy. All that fresh air must be going to my head!!! I'm a saddo, weeding appeals more than a power walk! (Only just!!!)

Can I ask what plan everyone is on & whether people are doing much exercise? I am on 810 and don't do much apart from dog walks and (as of today!) gardening.

xxx

Minz, thank you! I am a bit weird, after the initial ouch has worn off, I quite like the tingle of nettle stings... makes me think I have done something!!! Feeling quite chirpy even though the sun has gone, might go out again & weed the little patch we have at the front & get the place looking tidy. All that fresh air must be going to my head!!! I'm a saddo, weeding appeals more than a power walk! (Only just!!!)

Can I ask what plan everyone is on & whether people are doing much exercise? I am on 810 and don't do much apart from dog walks and (as of today!) gardening.

xxx
LOL what are you like - you've spurred me into getting off the lappie and will do the front bed soon.....only small, so 15 minutes tops.

I'm not sure what I'm on to be honest - have a shake first thing in the morning (then a scone and coffee when I get to work - bold I know), a CD bar and fruit salad for lunch and then whatever I feel like in the evening......from today I'm going to have a more sensible evening meal and drink more water (have let that slip of late).

Hmmm, the front bed is small here too, but like a small tropical island, I'd say an hour and a half minimum (unless I can get my hands on a flamethrower!). A binfull of weeds in there alone!!! But if I do it I will reward myself with trip to garden centre in the week, and can splurge on nice pretty things to make it look all lovely again.

Your plan is a bit like the way mine was... I had bent the rules and wasn't really losing any more. BUT the difference was, I wasn't at target! Hence getting back onto 810 properly so I can get this bit over with and move on to the delights of scones! Your stats are amazing too Minz - only just noticed!!! You are same height as me, too. Can I be cheeky and ask what 147lb is in stones, & what size clothes you are in now?

I am aiming at 11 stone and if/when I get there I will stick there till June as will be working abroad for 3 weeks in may & cannot take CD packs to the places I am going. So I HAVE to be up the plans & eating normally by then. So will choose then whether to go lower come June... but 11 seems a distant mirage right now! Would just like some wriggle room, though, perhaps the safety of saying 10st 7 as a 2nd target & then never allow it to creep up above 11... god, that would feel SOOOO awesome.

So Minz, on your plan do you sts or lose a little? Or do you ever put on? Trying to gather as much info as possible!!!

xxx

Hey Katycakes - 11st isn't that far off where you are.....stick with it - you WILL get there, especially with a firm goal in place.

As for me, at 147lbs or 10st 7lbs, I've been up and down like the proverbial yoyo since November......my chart says it all! I go to WI once a fortnight and am mucking around between 10.03 and 10.07.....must try to get my A into gear and get down to 140 (10 st). Almost all of my clothes are 12s but I also have a few 10s.

9971-albums429-picture5993.png

Wow. I bet you look fab, and I can only dream of being a 12 or a 10. Even when I was slim (I was, once, at 9st 7lb!!!) I was a 14 although I know I didn't look it. I think it's just the shape I am, or was, ie big bum. (Hourglass if I am in a generous mood!). Or maybe sizes were just snugger back then! So I am edging into 14s again now and that's great. I WOULD love to be 10st 7lb but it doesn't seem possible... will take stock in June and see how I feel then.

A friend lost almost 5st a couple of years ago & she is 10st 7lb too, she looks incredible. But she is a bit shorter than me so maybe at 11 I will feel OK. We will see!!!

xxx

Tricia - You're still here!! Me too....

What a bloody nightmare! This last 10lb has been the hardest to remove. I'm just at the end of day one & hoping to get the next two days out of the way without too much grief!

I'd like to lose 2lb this week, so please could you add me to the list.

Thanks & good luck to everyone.... x

Brilliant thread! Not just for the mojo so badly needed for the final push but for being able to see who else is in the same boat! I am just starting my last stone (having lost 4 stone and 8lbs since last June). It is just soooo hard when you are fitting into size 12's (and even sometimes a size 10), you don't look so big anymore, and people keep telling you how great you look! It is a constant tug-o-war between you look good and you still have to get to goal.

I have lost all my weight on SS+ and I am even thinking of SSing for the first time ever because I am already about 3 months behind my target date of getting to goal (based on losing 3lbs a week). Just feel it is just getting so expensive buying CD and then cheating here and there so you don't get the 3lb result, so I am having a firm talk with myself about this!

I weigh in on Wednesdays. Here's me hoping for 3lbs (walked 6 miles today), but only pledging 2!

Triple Trouble - 2.5lbs (37 lost, 11 to go)
Barnsie - 2lbs (91 lost, 20 to go)
Katycakes - 3lbs (44 lost, 9 to go)
wannadrop - 3lbs (38 lost, 17 to go)
Minz - 2lbs (48 lost, 7 to go)
Sleepy - 2lbs (26 lost, 2 to go)
Trisha - 2lbs (42 lost, 10 to go)
Night-owl - 2lbs (64 lost, 14 to go)
Total lost - 388 !!

Last edited:
Great to see the list grow - have added ZoBo.....good luck everyone - we have lost SO much.....lets get to 500s!

ZoBo - 2lbs (28.2lbs lost, 4 to go)
Total lost - 418!!

hi zobo and night owl, yes I'm still around, still struggling but determined to do it this time

Hi Night-owl & Zobo... you're right Night-owl, it's brilliant to see who else is getting close to goal. This thread has really cheered me up and got me focused again. You're right, too, feeling so much better about ourselves means the weight less journey gets a bit less urgent... but I think we are all needing to get to target sooner rather than later!

Let's hope we all get to move over to the maintenance threads soon!!!

xxx

Hi girls count me in please,full of determination today hope it lasts Ive only been up an hour haha!! am not bothered what I lose this week just want to be 100%,actually Id better pledge something....2lbs please could you add me to your list,thankyou muchly
xx

Last edited:
Andju, fab to have you on board. I love that so many of this unofficial team are people I admire for how far they have come!!! We can do this!!!

xxx

ZoBo - 2lbs (28.2lbs lost, 4 to go)
Andju - 2lbs (72lb lost, 11 to go)

(someone better at maths than me will have to add up the losses, sorry!!!)

Aww thanks Katy,I think this is just what we all need,we're not quite into the maintenence, we dont have so far to go we cant see the finish line, we're just in the kind of limbo area of the diet,together we can all push to get this done and achieve what we set out to do
xx

Morning everyone.:) I have been really busy this weekend so just managed to catch up.
Just looking at everyone's achievements so far.....324lbs
OMG thats amazing it is 2 whole normal weight people!:eek: Im sure we can make it 3 people between us. I am desperatley glugging the water. Hows everyone getting on? x

please add me too. only 10lb to loss and weigh in today ?

Sizzlingjo - 2lbs (68 lost, 10 to go)

Hi,Ive had 4 pints but no wanting to go for a wee yet!!I hope that doesnt mean its going to fill up the water part of my glycogen stores,still onwards and downwards,the more you drink the more you shrink eh!!
xx

Hiya, I'm doing OK... just had my bar and a big herby tea... hi Sizzlin, welcome aboard! Let us know how the weigh in goes!

xxx

Back