Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

Hi all hope your all doing well today i have really got to get on top of the water situation today kids are off school for 2 weeks now so hoefully all the running around after them will help shift a bit more weight. I made the mistake of stepping on my scales this morning they say ive lost nothing official weigh in not until thursday but still im a little concerned would have liked to be a pound down by this point oh well what will be will be ive been 100% and i guess other than upping the water theres not much more i can do.

Hiya Triple, a herb tea is what I mean, I just add a 'y' on it, not sure why!!!

I have to admit I don't like the mint or green tea recommended in CD so I now admit publicly that all along I have been drinking Twinings Lemon & Ginger tea (really warming) and sometimes fennel (a bit liquorishy), and sometimes even chai tea (proper tea with indian spices like cinnamon in, yum!). None of these are allowed, but they haven't made any difference to my weight losses - have had them right from the start, & they made CD bearable. I also love lapsang tea, which my kids call 'bonfire tea' as it smells of bonfires! That one, as a proper black leaf tea, non-herby, is allowed I think.

Never admitted it before, not even to my cdc, but as we're all close to goal, & this isn't the SS thread, thought I would confess!

xxx

Well day 2 for me..... Not feeling great tbh. Just want FOOD!!!!

How is everyone else getting on?

Hang on in there Zo. It's sometimes harder to get back into it second time around, and you don't want to leave the food behind... but once ketosis hits you will be fine honey.

I'm OK... got bunch of pals coming over for coffee & catch up, so house is full of cakey stuff. Am going to have rye bread and banana as my evening meal, as it's sweet & almost cakey, & I can be sociable. It's not allowed, but I am taking a planned evening off 810, but only as far 'off' as the rye bread and banana! Will let you know how I get on.

xxx

hi everyone, doing okay so far today, but I'm really cold, I really need to drink more water too!

Hi all,

Hope its ok to add myself to the list. I'm a bit of an odd one out as I have no idea how much I have lost so far but feel I would be happy with another 16lbs, I see my CDC twice a week so I will have two goal losses a week if that makes sense. The first is to lose two of the three I put on last time. ooopppss

Will start finding out now how much I have lost but not how much it makes it in total. God i've confuzzled myself.

Triple Trouble - 2.5lbs (37 lost, 11 to go)
Barnsie - 2lbs (91 lost, 20 to go)
Katycakes - 3lbs (44 lost, 9 to go)
wannadrop - 3lbs (38 lost, 17 to go)
Minz - 2lbs (48 lost, 7 to go)
Sleepy - 2lbs (26 lost, 2 to go)
Trisha - 2lbs (42 lost, 10 to go)
ZoBo - 2lbs (28.2lbs lost, 4 to go)
Night-owl - 2lbs (64 lost, 14 to go)
Andju - 2lbs (72lb lost, 11 to go)
Sizzlingjo - 2lbs (68 lost, 10 to go)
Gemma- 2lbs ( ?? lost, 16 to go)

If anyone is out there, please deliver a swift kick to the backside for me. Last night we had friends over for coffee... partly for catch-up & partly as they wanted to be supportive & sweet after something a bit mad & horrible that went on at weekend. They stayed a lot longer than we thought - and they brought a cake with them to cheer me up. (Not sabotage, hadn't seen them for a while and hadn't told them about the diet).

I told myself one slice would be OK. Maybe it would have been, but it was then followed by two slices of quiche and a helping of coleslaw... WTF??? Yet again, head switched off so it couldn't hear me saying 'why are you doing this, after 5 days of being so good on 810?' Needless to say today I am hungry and fed up, and annoyed because I doubt now I will make my goal of 3lbs off this week.

Why did I do that? I am not beating myself up, just want to know how I can stop my head from disconnecting when my body decides to make decisions all by itself & shovel in the food...

xxx

Hi KatyCakes,

Stick with it coz you have come so far, so you may only lose 2lbs this week, so what it doesn't matter a loss is still a loss please don't beat yourself up about it.

New day today get glugging the water.

Thanks Gemma, I know you're right, just wish I could go back & do it differently, ie without the food! But you're right, seeing the friends was worth a lot. Am sinking as much herb tea as I can, promise.

xxx

Oh Katycakes:hug99: I really feel for you as Im in the same boat after a picnic at the weekend (but didn't want to admit it) Im so mad with myself of kicking myself out of Ketosis more than anything. The weight will go even if it takes me a few more days. Whats done is done and Im sure you enjoyed it. Lets get back on the wagon and start shifting some lbs, it's only Tuesday and don't have to report back until the end of the week so you could still hit the target.

I also think why did I do it, after I have eaten? :banghead: Just remember that it is programmed into us to eat to stay alive.....its all about moderation though.....thats what I need to control.

Gemma is right, get out the water and start glugging. My tummy is making so much noise this morning but the swishing sound of water is out doing it lol

Thanks Trip. I didn't want to admit it either, but I am trying to own up to my slips at the moment as a way of spurring myself on to get to goal. I think you are right, my body just wanted to eat - I am getting a little fed up nowand want so badly to start moving up the maintenance steps. I guess it wasn't so awful in the great scheme of things but yup, out of ketosis and that's so annoying. And I did it to myself!!!

You're right, it's Tuesday and we still have a chance to shift a bit more. My weigh in is Thursday and I WILL be 100% from now as I HAVE to be to get a loss... Thanks girls for the support, helps me feel a bit less stupid. Hugs.

xxx

Hi all, katy,I know where youre coming from hun,I go into a trance like state and think stuff it when that happens to me,its an awful feeling but once I start on food i cant stop at just a bit,also I dont know if you were ok at xmas but for me since then as I went a bit mad I have not been able to get my head properly back in gear.Think the answer is just not to give up,it is annoying and we do wonder why we did it but at the time to me anyway the diet just doesnt seem that important,god knows why,the rest of the time the diet is all i think about!!
xx

Thanks Andju, that's it exactly. And no, I wasn't OK at Xmas... I went up to SS+ except for Xmas day when I let myself have some off-plan dinner, but was pretty controlled. Then just before New Year I was upset about something and fell into a bad binge. I felt so awful it actually fuelled me to get on track again and I also began to own up to my binge-eat probs etc. I read a lot and got alot of advice from people on minis who had been through the same. And I went back to SS for all of Jan and dropped more, then had to go up to 810 as was working away for two weeks in Feb. Losses slowed, but opted to stay at 810 and work with the food rather than go back to SS.

I know that where food is in the picture I have a challenge. Mostly I was fine but after a while the carbs began to creep in. So I made a big effort and pulled back to 100% 810 for 5 days and then BAM last night I blew it. It's all a learning process I suppose... but so hard!!!

xxx

I know its hard to explain,I spoke to my cdc as I had a terrible binge and I mean a binge last week,the answer is simple,I am addicted to food,if thats the problem what is the answer I do not know,its going to be a long term battle for me,maybe once we are at goal it may all fall into place I really dont know
xx

Big hugs Andju. Anything sweet is a major trigger for me (except CD bars & shakes, oddly). It's so hard to break the pattern when you have spent a lifetime anaesthatising your feelings with food. I don't think you can ever take your eye off the ball or say that you've won the battle, but I know food is not going to solve my problems or take away my pain.

At the back of yesterday's blip was emotional pain - the 'something bad' which was why the friends came & why they thought I needed cake to cheer me up, as in the past it would have! So I know that emotional eating was a part of it. It was just a few days later than I expected it to be, I thought I was through the danger zone and relaxed, and that was fatal.

Re-setting patterns - it can be done, but not sure if I am much further forward to be truthful. Wish I could offer some answers, but I do know how you feel and exactly what you mean. And no, it's not like we can live without food, is it? So it's a problem we have to sort. If you have a bad day or ever want to talk, PM... I'll help if I can. Hugs again.

xxx

Hi Ladies, well I had my weigh in yesterday but only managed 1.5lb instead of the 2 that i wanted, I also came home and had a piece of ckae ( followed by a bag of crisps and a slice of toast !!!!!!!!!!!)

Start again today 2lb to go next week ?

Sizzlingjo (70lbs lost - 2lb to go this week) - 1.5lb (06/06/09)

Hi Ladies, well I had my weigh in yesterday but only managed 1.5lb instead of the 2 that i wanted, I also came home and had a piece of ckae ( followed by a bag of crisps and a slice of toast !!!!!!!!!!!)
Well done:) 1.5 is great, Its getting you closer to target. Lol at the food well you deserved a treat for losing weight;) I'm sure your straight back on it now x

Sizzling, well done... it's a loss, and it takes you closer to target. We can aim at losing a certain amount each week, but we won't always do it - as long as we stay on track and edge our way closer to goal. Thanks for posting about your eat-treat, it makes me feel less guilty for mine yesterday.

Onwards and upwards, everyone! I struggled this morning but didn't cave in and I am having my bar now with a coffee... yum.

xxx

Start again today 2lb to go next week ?

Sizzlingjo (70lbs lost - 2lb to go this week) - 1.5lb (06/06/09)
I would be well chuffed with that loss,however I had a 1lb loss the other week and just couldnt believe it as I was expecting a lot more,I was so peed off....but those losses really add up quickly and its great when you alter your ticker,as for the cake and toast,what cake what toast?You will have forgotten that pretty quickly so no worries and well done.
Katy bless your heart,I wasnt meaning to sound like I felt sorry for myself hun,i was trying to kind of let you know that Im the same when it comes to food one is just not enough!!Isnt it strange,there are so many of my friends who would love to do this diet but wouldnt even consider it as it meant giving up food,but they are not foodaholics like me haha!!I think this thread is great as we can now see why we are struggling,its becoming clear to me anyway.I guess this is an extreme diet one which you resort to when youve exhausted all other avenues....but for most of us its the only one which works,maybe it is the feeling of being in control and excercising our will power that makes us stronger,in my view until we see it through to the end we will never be truly happy or content with ourselves.I set my target no one else,if I want I can change my target to what I am now,who cares?Me thats who because I know where I want to be and I know I am the only one who can get myself there,maybe there lies the problem a bit too much pressure on ourselves to get there fast and no middle ground.I think maybe we should all think to ourselves we will get there in our own time at our own pace but we will get there!!
xx

Back