Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

Crazy, don't be disheartened. It's a good loss stilll... and I'd guess it's not even to do with bars, just that your body has reached a plateau and needs some time to adjust. I have had this several times, even when being 100%, and it seems a let-down but is always followed a week or two later with a good loss that more than makes up for the slowness. I think it is also partly your metabolism kick starting itself again... and obviously that is very important.

Don't be thrown off track. You have down SOOOOO well and you will get there. Keep the faith!

xxx

Hi Quizz, welcome!!! You'll find lots of support on here to keep you motivated!

Skinnierme, can't comment on Lipotrim, you are actually on the CD (Cambridge Diet) forums? So not many of us know about lipotrim! Also, this thread is specially for CD-ers who are close to their target goal weight but struggling a bit... you might find more feedback and other lipotrimmers over on the main boards? Good luck with your journey though honey and glad it seems to be starting off well! Go for it!!!

xxx

Hi all have been awol for a bit with it being Easter, am please to say I lost 4lbs at my last weigh in so only had 12 lbs to lose, am not pleased to say I have probably put this plus more on over the weekend, so am aiming for a 2lb loss next monday,, back on the wagon today and hope to get the extra off ASAP

Crazy, don't be disheartened. It's a good loss stilll... and I'd guess it's not even to do with bars, just that your body has reached a plateau and needs some time to adjust. I have had this several times, even when being 100%, and it seems a let-down but is always followed a week or two later with a good loss that more than makes up for the slowness. I think it is also partly your metabolism kick starting itself again... and obviously that is very important.

Don't be thrown off track. You have down SOOOOO well and you will get there. Keep the faith!

xxx

Thanks sweet, oh Im definately not going to go off track... Its just I go on holiday in just over 2 weeks, and although Im not planning on going off the rails, I am expecting to put on a bit of weight, and wanted to lose as much before I went to I have less to lose after!!

Hmm few more gym visits for me this week I think!

Thanks for your motivational words hun xxx

Hi all i havent been on in a few days been working over the bank holiday weekend unfortunately! Been doing ok on ss+ 100% infact but the scales have not budged in the first couple of days they showed a gain and now im the same as last week hmmmm i know i shouldnt get on them but thats one habit cd hasnt managed to break! Hows everyone getting on? Its half term and the kids are home so ive been busy busy so hard keeping them ammused and also i know have a cupboard full of easter eggs 25 eggs between 2 kids is just ridiculas if you ask me!!! xx

Day one of properly back on the cd wagon! Killing me already.... Anyway, I'll do it. x

Good luck to everyone for today. x

Zobo, once you are back in the zone you will be OK... just hang on and stick with it!

Barnsie... 25 eggs? Whoa!!! I don't know if I could live with that! My daughter had 2, son had 3... they're teens so not as bothered. Phew. You are doing SO well honey stay with it (I know you will!!!) even if the scales slow down for a little while - your body is adjusting and you'll get a big drop soon. You are an inspiration... closing in on that pot of gold!!!

Crazy, where are you going on hols? How are you planning to deal with it, will you go off plan for those weeks?

xxx

Crazy, where are you going on hols? How are you planning to deal with it, will you go off plan for those weeks?

Hi Katy, Im going to The Algarve in Portugal.

Its a bit of a weird one, my mum and her bf are house sitting a villa, and Im tagging along! My plan is to take my porridges, and a few shakes and bars and stick to diet for the day, and just eat meat and veg in the evenings. However im not going to totally restrict myself and may allow myself the odd ice cream or piece of fruit or yoghurt too. Also the villa is about 2miles from the main town and harbour - so Ive told myself I can only go offplan if I walk there and back every day. So aiming to walk 4 miles a day to try and counteract what I do eat. I might allow myself one naughty meal for the week. I finish my job the day before I go so its a mini celebration/treat! Then straight back on to SS+ or 810 when I land (well... maybe the day after as I have my 2 year anniversary the day I get back). Im not making excuses to eat its just Ive already put off Valentines day for my bf and said we could combine the dinners for the anniversary instead! Though I did hope Id be at goal by then... :(

Crazy, I just knew you'd have a plan! I know you will succeed because you are so motivated and think things through so well. Sounds perfect - just the right amount of treats, exercise and CD! And of course you have earned your celebration meal... enjoy every minute. Then back onto the 810 wagon for those last few yards of the journey - you'll be there before you know it.

xxx

Crazy, I just knew you'd have a plan! I know you will succeed because you are so motivated and think things through so well. Sounds perfect - just the right amount of treats, exercise and CD! And of course you have earned your celebration meal... enjoy every minute. Then back onto the 810 wagon for those last few yards of the journey - you'll be there before you know it.

xxx

Aww thankyou! This end bit is hard! You just want to get there and part of me just wants to stay on SS till goal... but then I know I have to build up my calories before holiday as dont want food to be a shock to the system. Damn why cant we lose as quickly as when we were far away from goal haha!

I do think this is the hardest bit, but we will get there, promise.

xxx

hi everyone, I agree this is the hardest bit, but so far so good today. I've been down and signed up for a local gym on a 7 day trial, as I really need to exercise and tone up, to get rid of the flab!

my daughter is in her teens as well and isn't bothered about chocolate, so she normally gets money off us and the relatives. she got one egg off a little girl she babysits and a box of chocolates off her boyfriend, which she will have for months, in fact shes still got 2 unopened boxes of chocolates left from christmas, she hids them from me,(although they are safe as long as they remain unopened) and she "recycles" them as presents for friends she's got rid of 3 boxes that way so far. I wish I could be like her and not be bothered about chocolate but I'm a chocoholic and once I've opened a box of chocolates I'd eat the lot!

Hey guys! Can I join? I have 14lbs to lose to reach my first goal of 9st. The once I get there I decide if I want to go down to my ultimate goal of 8.7st which will get me to a bmi of 22. Which is just right. I started 810 last Thursday but I've been struggling. I had an easter egg I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 4lbs. Hopefully I can get that off by Thurs! Thinking of SS until I get to 9.7st.

Of course you can join!!! Don't give up on 810 so quickly, Petrina... Easter is a tricky time for all of us. And with 810, the real work is to put into practice the new way we want to be around food - working with food in the picture, if you like. I planned to stay on SS until close to goal, but had to go up to 810 when working away in Feb... I chose to stay on that plan as it was really helpful to me to work on new ways to relate to food, facing challenges and beating them (or not!). Losses were a little slower, but it has worked so far!

Maybe SS is what you want to do for a little while more, but when the time comes to change to 810, don't be scared of it! It's the step where i have learned the most, so far!

Trisha, you and me both with the chocolate... I can finish a whole box at one sitting. Even now I have been off choc for so long, I would not trust myself with it... too many bad patterns there! I am amazed that I haven't picked at the choc my kids have in the house the last few days, or caved in when my mum yet again offers me choc by waving it under my nose... but one taste and I think I would be done for. Better not go there!

xxx

Totally agree with the choc statement! If I open a box then the magic chocolate fairy seems to make it evaporate.:rolleyes:

Pleased to say, Ive done ok today and tried to keep to 1000 calories as close as possible. I really dont want to go back to 810 as I know my body is back to excepting carbs again (after a small weight gain kindly met pizza and potato wedges over the weekend:sigh:) It may take me longer but hopefully no more weight gains!

Welcome Petrina x

Hmmm...me and Thorntons chocs have a loving relationship that lasts for about 2 minutes until they are all gone!! Been good today and have eaten lovely, healthy food. Long may it last! I can't ignore an open box of choccies either......

Had my weigh in tonight and have lost 2lbs, moving up to 1200 plan from tomorrow. Going to have some fruit with my CD porridge for breakfast, healthy sandwich made with wholemeal bread and yogurt for lunch, sensible tea (chicken or tuna with salad or veggies)and a CD bar or mousse for supper. Going to try and keep to it 100% and not stray :rolleyes:. Definately try and keep away from the chocolate this week! Everyone sounds really positive after the joys of easter.:D

Back