Total Solution Struggling newbie

Loonylaura-w

Hello all. So I started exante on Saturday 30th, so today is day 3 ad I'm really struggling today :(. I have about 7 stone to lose and already I'm craving food!!
So far I've tried both porridges but only like the 1, the shakes and chocolate and orange bars are ok but cannot stand any of the hot meals!!
i am really craving meat..mainly pork chops oddly..and it's driving me crazy!!

any hind and tips? I really don't want to give up :confused:

Hi Laura...

I started about a week ago now and believe me, get through day 4 and you'll be fine because you'll definitely be in ketosis so you won't feel hungry. I will be honest though, the cravings will take a couple of weeks to go. Apparently you have to do something about 30 times for it to become a habit. I did Cambridge last year and lost 6st but have gone back to exante this time as I didn't want to waste time by seeing someone when I know what I'm doing but it's hard still. You'll get through it. Try looking at people's before and after pics and make sure you take you're own too. It's so motivating when you see it. I weighed myself this morning after a week and I've lost 9lbs so please stick with it.

Good luck! Let me know how you get on x

Also...hot meals are generally not good. I had the shepherds pie though and I liked that one. When I did Cambridge I only had chicken and mushroom soup and then chocolate mint/chocolate shakes so it takes dedication. I don't want to promise how much you'll lose but it will be worth it in the end.

The first few days are the hardest but please try and stick with it. Whenever i think of food i just look at the fat pic of myself and think about the reasons why i am doing this. Kiwi is right after day 4 it does get easier. And it becomes almost normal. Ive only just completed my first week and have lost 11lbs the diet really does work just takes a few days for you to adjust to it. We are all here for you as-well xx

Red

Hi kiwi, thanks for replying :)

i was so tempted to get a pork chop today lol

well done on you 9lbs, that's brilliant!!

I did not like the shepherds pie at all..though it smelt good, didn't like the texture! Just had a shake so not feeling too bad at the mo.

thank you for your support x

Hi Red,

thanks for replying and the support is much appreciated :)

well done on your 11lbs,that's motivating in itself.

Day 1 was hell, but 2,was fine, so I think feeling so rubbish today took me by surprise!! Definitely took a before Pic and have a pic from a couple of years ago when I lost 3stone on slim fast.

Determination determination determination!!!!

That's the spirit Laura! You CAN do this. Yes, there are bound to be ups and downs but it will be worth it. Maybe make a list of all your motivations for doing the diet (e.g the picture that made you realise you had to do something, a special occasion/holiday coming up, feelings you've had) and look at that, together with your before pic, when you need to remind yourself why you're here and what the benefits will be.

My first weigh in tomorrow and feeling very positive-it does get easier.

Good luck on your journey x

Back