Struggling, Red day advice needed please.

JoC

Silver Member
I have been doing mainly EE with a few green days. On wednesday at WI i gained 1lb even though i had followed plan religiously :cry:. My C checked my food diary and it was fine. After reading through some of the posts on here i am going to try Red as it seems to help.
i think my main problem last week was i was bloated. I have eaten a lot of speed soup and beans etc. i think following red days might help with the bloating.
I have never done Red before and would welcome any tips and meal suggestions to help inspire me.

I do lots of red days and seems to be working for me. I have chicken legs and thighs covered in schwartz bbq shake paprikia lemon rind nd garlic salt, its v.yummy. Also asda and morrisons do some really nice Free lamb shanks in wine or mint gravy :D

I do lots of red days and seems to be working for me. I have chicken legs and thighs covered in schwartz bbq shake paprikia lemon rind nd garlic salt, its v.yummy. Also asda and morrisons do some really nice Free lamb shanks in wine or mint gravy :D

ooh that sounds lovely will definately give that a go. I am off to asda later so will get some of the lamb shanks and scwartz mix. Thanks for the advice :)

Your welcome :), your looking out for Extra Special, Lamb Shanks with Garlic & Rosemary Gravy, twin pack, chilled, 370g each in Asda, we normally get the morisons ones, i think they might be on offer at morrisons at the mo aswell

I love a nice gammon steak with grilled tomatoes, fried egg (In frylight) or pineapple and a huge salad.

I too am trying a few red days this week to see how my weight loss goes, from posts i have read, red days seem to give your body a lil boost when changing plan from what you usually have.

I am still going to have green days thrown in, but instead of all green im going to have more red.

Enjoy your red days :)

I try and do more red days as carbs don't help my weight loss. I usually have yoghurt with fruit for breakfast (sometimes scrambled egg or bacon sarnie if I have time), lunchtimes are usually veg soup with chicken/ham, omlettes with salad, SW quiche or just big salads with meat and cheese from my HEX A with FF dressing. Dinners are meat based dishes such as chicken tagine, pork chops, stews etc and I use one of my HEX bs for a small portion of potatoes or wholemeal pasta.

It's easier than you think although a little limited compared to EE or green. But the losses are good :)

Reactions: JoC
If you get the lamb shanks from Asda, its only the one in garlic and rosemary gravy which is free, the one in minted gravy isnt. I am having lamb shank tonight. I do a lot of the red days, love my meat and once you get into the swing of it it really is quite straighforward. And you can have 2HEAs and 2 HEBs!!!! Yum

Thanks for your tips, i have already been out and bought the morrisons lamb shanks. Any more Red day tips would be greatly appreciated.

hi joc, i do mostly red because i find i get bloated more on green with all the carbs. i find my losses have always been better with red.
i eat alot of chicken and there are some great recipes on here. not sure where you are but have you tried joes sausages website or do you have a sw friendly butcher near you? they have great sausages, burgers and marinaded meats.
good luck, let us know how you get on. :)

hi joc, i do mostly red because i find i get bloated more on green with all the carbs. i find my losses have always been better with red.
i eat alot of chicken and there are some great recipes on here. not sure where you are but have you tried joes sausages website or do you have a sw friendly butcher near you? they have great sausages, burgers and marinaded meats.
good luck, let us know how you get on. :)

Thanks pebbles67 i have just had a look at the Joes sausages website, i think i will have to clear my freezer and then place an order, everything looks so tasty.
Did my first Red day yesterday and already i do not feel as bloated. I was always ok before on Green/EE but last week i looked pregnant, scared the OH though lol.:)

I think I'm going to join you and move to red days for a bit, I'm feeling the same as you JoC. Here's to a good week!

I'd get some senokot! Red days bung me up something rotten :p

Oooh I love the sound of the lamb shanks! I'm always wary of lamb as it's very fatty but if it's free then :) does anyone know if there are any other meat dishes from asda or where ever that are free? Joes sausages are amazing I have a freezer full they are soooo tasty!

Thats what I thought about lamb shanks, how can that be free? But they are and there is actually very little fat on them! You just bung them in the microwave for about 8 mins they are in packs with the gravy. Very nice. Just look in your S W Food Directory book or synsonline to find out if there are any more from Asda.

Had the lamb shank at lunch (morrisons in minted gravy), Oh my god it was gorgeous had it with carrot & swed mash, broccoli, cauliflower ans roasted parsnips (HE B)

I make scotch eggs sometimes for a red day, joes sausage meat with scan bran bread crumbs, i even put some cheese into the ones i made yesterday :D

Reactions: JoC
Back