Struggling slightly - any advice?

TickleKate

Hi everyone, hope you`re all ok

Im struggling slightly, worried this would happen. I only started on Monday, have lost 5 1/2 pound so far, which im very pleased with. Certain aspects of the diet im reallllly enjoying but there are a few bits im not happy with. The worst thing is i cant even put my finger on what im not enjoying :cry:

Feel a little sick of certain foods, not sure if im ketosis or not as the sticks i have expired middle of last year so dont know if theyre accurate (have ordered some more). Thing is i know going back to typical low cal/low fat aint the way forward but just feeling a bit jaded by atkins for some reason.

I know its extremely early days and most of you have been on it so much longer, just wonder sometimes if im cut out for atkins. I think part of it is the thought of possibly not being in ketosis and feeling like my weight loss isnt going to continue. Also going to visit friends in liverpool tomora so know it will be a challenge to keep carbs low, worry that i wont be able to get back on it on sunday and worry that if i dont, the 5 pound ive lost will just pile back on.:sigh:

Sorry for such a long and negative post, just wonder if anyones been there and what you did?
x

Maybe you need to have more variety in what you eat Katy, are you eating the same sort of thing most days?

thanks for replying Jim, no ive made a real effort this time to have some variety and experiment with different things. Even made cauliflower cheese last night which is pretty good for me (im useless in the kitchen). Ive made sure ive had a different dinner and tea every day, brekkie is mostly the same tho.

Think im just having a whinge, seems im never happy, a week ago id have chopped a limb off to loose 5 pounds and here i am still complaining!

aww hunni

i know what you mean, i started on tuesday and have lost 4lbs so far, yesterday morning i was actually boaking at the scrambled eggs for brekkie lol but i ate them anyways and today i was fine :)

stick with it, i think its your body playing tricks cos your getting rid of the bad carbs and your body is still craving them

x

I think some people get the sicky feeling as part of Atkins flu sypmtoms, if thats what it is you should be coming out the otherside pretty soon. xx

i was the same ....not doing atkins but low carb , i actually jumped out of bed this morning , had lush eggs scrambled with a tiny bit cream , they were delish

god help the hubby when he comes home after 2 weeks way LOL ......i probably scare him away again , got loads of energy and i feel amazing , my moods have improved as well , and its still early days

Thanks everyone for your support, feeling much better now, dunno what came over me earlier, think i was just having a miserable moment!
Thing is theres so many things i love about this diet and so few i dont.
Im hoping to get deeper into ketosis and maybe this will give me the energy surge i need. Ive not experienced it yet but my 10 month old is still not totally sleeping thru and so im up a couple of times a night, so maybe im just tired!
Thanks again, apprieciate the support guys x

Don't worry kate, the first week of Atkins can be weird. You are withdrawing from carbs and many people feel ill in the early days - 'Atkins 'flu'. It passes and you start to feel good.

Stick with it because it really is the best 'diet' you could ever try. It's a way of life, and most of us on this thread owe a lot to Dr. Atkins.

I find...
When ever ive had a naughty cheat.. (mostly when i go back home to mums) It takes me 2 days to get over the hunger pangs and cravings.. the trick is to ignore them.. drink water when ur tummy and mind ask for more food, specially after uv just eaten! Its just the blood sugar levels that cause this i think. After my 2 days i feel good again.. and most times the extra lbs that i may have piled have gone!

Im a reallly slow and crap loser.. ive lost and gained the same 8lbs since ive been here and its been mostly my faul but i love the freedom and the limitations atkins gives me!! So i stick to it! Plus there is the added advantage of chatting to jim!! hehe *winks at jim* i know ur reading!

Stick with it TickleKate, if it's only been a week, it could well be the 'flu'. Use the 'what are you eating today' thread to record your daily menus (if you're not already) and check out the MiM and flaxseed thread for more breakfast ideas. i get a lot of my meal ideas from the daily food thread - you read other peoples and think "mmm, i might try that!"

Good luck, and keep coming on here - we'll try and 'egg' (haha) you on and cheer you up!

Morning Katy, how are you today love?

Morning hon x I was exactly the same...fed up of the same food, feeling fed up in general I think. It does pass though. I have never cooked so much in my life. Have a look at some recipes - I made the cheeseburger pie the other night it was delish :D

Back