Struggling? Thats me!!!

Yeah it's going to be a lovely week here in Melbourne 26 degrees plus or take a degree for the next 5 days.

I am still on track. I have eaten over about 6 points for the week, but I dont count exercise. I've nearly done a week and I have lost 2lbs as of this morning! Well pleased!!!!!!!

Bren
X

Congrats Bren thats great progress, 2lbs is what i'm hoping will come up on the scales when I weight in on Wednesday! Do you have a certain time of the day that you feel is harder than any other time?

I think right after my dinner is the hardest bit, I'm used to having cup of tea and something nice, I've started having 1/2 point value of strawberries, 1/2 point pear and 1/2 point banana with a yogurt poured on top, it feels like a really nice dessert!

Keep up good work over weekend now!

Yeah hardest time is between 3.30 - 5.30 and then after dinner I want a cuppa plus something but really I am not hungry after dinner it's just habit. I want to try eating when I am truly hungry this week and not at routine times, as this reminds me of being on a diet and hence all the stigma and self sabotage I do to myself mentally and with food temptation (if you know what I mean?)

Yoghurt in the evening or creamed rice (small tin) is about 1.5pts, this would be nice after dinner with a cuppa.

We both have similar goals. My ultimate goal will be 140 - 145lbs.

Bren
X

awh yeah we're same height as well. there will be major celebration when i get to 140!

i feel like i have eaten so much today but in reality i just ate lots of free or low pointed foods, stuffed to the gills now after prawn stir fry dinner and mini merigue with fruit and yogurt for dessert.

my weight watchers weighting scales was best thing i ever bought, i've no excuses now when i've something to weight and point food for me!!

My best little gaget is my iphone. I have 2 applications called ipoints and itracker. Only is a point calculator so I can be in the supermarket and type in the kj's and sat fat and it works out the point for me! The other is a electronic tracker of my daily point and everytime i write a new food i add it to a bank of food items. Brilliant really!

Oh wow that sounds very good alright, being in Ireland the iphone is ridiculously expensive. We can't even get weight watchers online, I'd love to have the option of the online tracker. But I'll just have to plod along with my points calculator and paper tracker!! :)

It's my sons birthday now tomorrow he's six years old so we're having little family party for him after dinner. I'll get him a cake but I've gotten Weight Watchers Eclairs for myself and my husband (he's on the band wagon since last Monday and I can't believe he's stuck to it).

Have a nice Sunday!

Well if it's any concilation, you guys have more WW products than we do. CHOC ECLAIRS.... DROOLING I AM!

My Sunday is over and i just managed a 35 mins cardio session at the gym! Off to get ready for the week ahead at work, ironing...

Enjoy your day!

Bren
x

Hi Mrs M,

good idea about the personal shopper nearer the time, even if I just use them for ideas I can shop around.

Well done on being shortlisted for best dresses, at least you know you have style, maybe I will be coming to you for advie instead of the personal shopper!

Great news Bren on your weight loss.

I have to admit though, all those points and counting and weighing, sounds like too much hard work for me. That is what I love about Go Lower, all found supplied and portioned out already, certainly easier for a lazy one like me!

Hi Suzy, yeah weighting and measuring is a pain at times but you get used to it. And i like to cook so i don't mind it too much.

Bren, we all must dedicate sunday nights to ironing! I always do anyway!

managed about a 45 mins cardio and 15 mins weight session in the gym, got the blood (and sweat) pumping, was in the shower earlier and was thinking of weight in on Wed coming, wondering will I have lost enough to bring me into the 10 stones? (3lbs loss) I'll be fine if i've only lost a 1/2 lb but i just thought to myself, there was a time when I could not even ever imagine getting back to the weight I am now, let alone being 10 stone something again. I remember when i was in the 12 stones, i always said I'll never let myself be 13 stone, then when I hit 13 stone I was always hovering around the 13 3 or 4 mark, I just could never get back into the 12s. I'm delighted to have come this far and to be only 3lbs away from the 10s. Fingers crossed I get there and if not, theres always next week! :)

Hi Mrs M

Maybe because I can't cook, won't cook is another reason I find all the weighing and measuring so off putting. That is why Go Lower is great for me as I only have to open the packet and stick it in the microwave and within 5 minutes I can sit down to a meal.

It is good to hear you know you still have next week if you don't hit target this week, that is such a sensible way to look at is as we all know the more we stress the worse things can be. However, I am sure you have done really well this week so I have my fingers crossed for you that you have reached the 10 stone mark! Good luck!

That's right Mrs M, next week if not this one.

Suzy, whatever is working for you is what you should stick to. When you get to goal remember to take it slow with introducing foods. I am notorious for relaxing once that number is reached on the scales and then i become complacent and slowly the weight creeps back up! Not this time I'm teaching myself better eating and a change of lifestyle.

I am very glad to hear that we all have the same mentality in 'strugglers and restarters', that being slow and steady wins the race.

Bren
x

slow and steady wins the race is right! I'll be doing a beef stir fry with rice for dinner tonight and off to the gym afterwards for, as they say in Biggest Loser "Last chance workout" lol

Hopefully I'll be reporting back good loss tomorrow as you did yesterday Bren!

Hi all

I did it I am now 10 stone 12 1/2 lbs, was down 3.5 lbs at weight in tihs morning so I'm delighted and again feel like I've renewed my energy and positive attitude to keep me going this week. Leader asked me to set my goal this morning so I told her ten stone. So 12.5 lbs to go! My aim for next week now will be 1.5lbs, I'm not going to go crazy and try push myself too hard.

Something else nice happened last night I got a few dresses off a friend in February when we had something to go to and they varied in size from a UK 10 to a UK 14, at the time none of the fitted me or felt comfortableon me, so last night I was putting them out to return them to my friend and i said feck it i'll try them on again and see......

Only the size 10 one fitted! the others were swimming on me! So that has shown me how far I've come even in the last two months!

Hope everyone is feeling positive and able to stick to their plans!

Chat soon

Mrs M

that is fantastic news about your weight loss and the dress fitting.

A size 10, WOW I was only aiming to get to a comfortable size 12 and I think I would be happy, you must be over the moon!!!!

Good luck with this weeks target, I am sure you will do well.

Bren

I recently had a two week holiday and did not follow my Go Lower diet and I was so happy as I didn't gain anything at all so I know when it comes to maintaining I will be OK.

I have never come this far before with a diet and I never want to put the weight back on so I will be sensible. As the Go Lower meals are all proper food it should not a big issue when I come of the diet.

Mrs M, a very big congrats! That's great news and again you and Suzy both have a sensible approach to the weight going and then towards maintaining. It really is the key to keeping it off and that's letting your body do it the way it wants to.

Suzy, you sound like you have learnt and reflected alot along your journey and you have an achievable goal set. Have you noticed that in 29lbs time you will have lost a amazing 100lbs!

We are rocking along at this point! xx

Yeah I have to say I enjoy the two of you because we seem to be on the same page, kind of positive and driven at this stage, we've moved past the holding back stage and it's full force to the finish now.

Suzy, your doing really well keep it up and as Bren said before you know if you'll be over the 100lbs mark. That will be some achievement.

Now that size 10 dress, it was the sort of flowy dress that made it fit. I would two sort of shift dresses today for when I go back to work and got the 2 of them in size 12's.

Isn't there some difference in sizes between the different shops? Some places a 16 some a 14 and some a 12 and now some a 10 as well. How can we ever be happy if every shop is different?

Mrs M

It is how we look naked in the mirror I think that will finally make us happy, well maybe with my underwear on!!! Dress sizes vary so much I agree it is difficult to know what size we really are.

Still a flowy dress or not if it says size 10, that is brilliant that it fitted you. Enjoy the praise, you deserve it.

I need to change my ticker again as I have lost more weight. I just find them such a nightmare as I have to convert if from stone or kg's to llbs and I always find different sites seem to give me different weights!

Hey, that reminds me of dress shops......

Hi Bren

I have learnt so much since I started the Go Lower diet. In the past I went to classes, got weighted, listened to what others had to say but never really took it in and never stuck with it either.

Now I do it all at home in private, I don't have to share my weight loss with anyone, except this site, and that is because I choose to and it is going great and I feel good.

On here I can be honest. I never felt in front of a room full of people who I may bump into around the town I could be totally honest.

Suzy I know what you mean about the room full of people thing, I'm going to the meetings and stuff but I don't talk about it to any of my friends or anything like that because there can be alot of "oh don't lose too much more" and "thought you were eating healthy" just when your stuffing something in your mouth. This time I'm so focused on the finish line I don't need to shout from the roof tops that I'm losing the weight.

Yeah I think if I was happy in my underwear that would be enough for me, I'm nearly there, I've excepted the fact that my stomach will never be flat or small again the way I'd like it to be but after two pregnancies, one 12lb 1oz baby and one 7lb 14oz, it would have to be a miricle to go back to normal, after my first son, the monster baby the muscles in my tummy never went back to normal but as i said I'm coming to accept that!

Mrs M

I know what you mean after two pregnancies...... I sometimes think I am expecting number 3 when I look at my tummy.

Does it never go back again???? I was so hoping as I neared target it would look better. Well maybe I will just have to get hubby to save for a tummy tuck for me!

A 12 pounder, phew..... glad my biggest was just under 8, in fact he was 7,15 just 1 oz more than your smallest. His brother was a few weeks early so he was around 6. I am just trying to remember if he was 6,5 or 5,6. I guess I need to go and look at his baby book.

I had them close together which is why I thought my tummy muscles were wrecked, there is just under 18 months between them.

Oh well at least the weight is coming of me with the Go Lower diet so at least I feel good about that.

Well I was saying to my husband last night, when standing in front of mirror scrutinising myself, even if I lose another stone, I'd want to lose it completely off my tummy and hips inorder for them to be gone. I think 9st 7 is the lightest i can be for my height, and i don't really want to go any lower than that. I might ask the guys in the gym have they any tips on focusing the cardio on the abdomin area.

How's the plans going todaym I'm sticking to mine well thank god, I've a concert on 1st May so being very good this week and next in order to be able to have couple driks at it.

Hubby's even splashed out and booked us into hotel for night, it's our wedding anniversary on May 21st so we're getting two birds with one stone!

Back