Struggling? Thats me!!!

Concert and hotel sounds great! Love staying in hotels. Oh and the dress size, well done on the 10. Someone also mentioned on another post that with pants the sizes dont differ from body shapes like 'apples' and 'pears'. In stores they try and have a variety of styles that also fit different body shapes,so a 10 pear shape might be a 12 apple, if that makes sense.

I agree it's good on minis to vent and share how you are feeling without people looking you up and down and judging you.

Suzy, i'm a bit of a gym junkie and can I suggest you do abs every time you go at the start and end of your work out. This way when your weight is lost you will have a lovely flatter and strong stomach. Rather than loosing the weight and still having to flatten your tummy. I've done this and it really does work.

WI tomorrow for me, fingers crossed. I am nervous as I haven't weighed all week (trying to only do it weekly). I go away in 9 weeks and have worked out that I dont want to be at my ultimate goal of 145 but rather between 150 - 153, which is very doable. Works out to about 1.5lbs a week.

Bren
X

Thats great advice about the stomach crunches Bren, think I'll start and end my workout this way in future and see if i see any difference, I normally only do them at the end but I'd be wrecked at that stage!

I made big mistake of stepping on the scales last night and I'm up half pound, I blame my husband as he weights himself on a Sat and i jump up to show him what a ten on the scales looks like, but not going to let it hold me back even if I'm only down half pound it's still half a pound.

I'm off to shops for an hour hoping I'll find jeans in a good fit as the ones I bought a month ago are too big now, good complaint though, my mother in law will be delighted as shes getting all my cast off that are practically all new!

Look forward to hearing how scales treat ye this week :)

In the short of things.....

I missed WI due to a spontaneous weekend away with hubby. We went out for breakie and then was going to do some groceries and decided to go for a drive out to a country town. We had a lovely dinner and a few drinks, so stay in a lovely hotel and had buffet breakfast before heading home this morning. I went to the gym this afternoon and have stayed within my points but feel very full. Having a lemon and water now before bed in an hour.

So I have stayed within points and I am hoping that the scales treat me kind in the morning. I went to the gym and it reported a loss, which I am trying not to think about as what if this changes somehow in the morning.

CAN HONESTLY SAY I AM ONLY GOING TO WI WEEKLY, AT LEAST YOU SEE A LOSS AND NOT loss's, gains and stalls etc..... this is much more motivating just to see loss's.

Well done on the jeans, did you find a pair that you like. I have pairs from last year that I am just waiting to fit back into, cannot wait! Maybe in about 4/5 lbs time?

Bren
x

Hotels, weekends away...... aren't we lucky.

Last week we were away, unfortuantely for a furneal but we made the most of it. We would have loved to stay an extra night but I thougt I had to get home to collect my boys and parents from the airport........ When we were only about an hour from home we got the call the flight was cancelled. If we had that call 3 hours before we would have stayed!

We had a wedding this weekend so that meant we couldn't go away and as my boys will be back tomorrow no more freedom to do as we want.

Bren

I am sure WI will be fine. Think postive!

I don't do the gym, with Go Lower you don't need to exercise but I guess I need to think about something for my tummy.

Mrs M,

Any luck with the jeans? I am putting of buying new clothes as much as I can until I am close to target.

I am sure by next WI your weight will have settled again. Was it a different time of day to your normal WI?

had a disaster of a Sunday but haven't been on here as trying to organise holidays for Aug, i weight in tomorrow morning so i'll log on tomorrow and tell all!!

Good luck for weigh in.

Where are you planning on going in August? I am going away for a week just before my 40th with a friend, can't wait.

Rest and relax by the pool all day and only have to think of myself.

Selfish I know......

That is another incentive for me to carry on losing weight with Go Lower because I want to be able to get as tanned as I can then I can wear a dress for my 40th party that shows of my tan and my new figure!

My boys should be home in a short while and I have missed then terribly but I am sure by August I will welcome another break.

Mrs M how was your WI? Sometimes we do have disasters and diversions which we have no choice or control over.

SuzyK, well both of you where are you planning your holidays? Me, in 8 weeks come Saturday, I am going to Penang. Hence I would love to be 6kg's lighter! Working on this...... It's 1.5 lbs roughly a week or 650/700gms.

xx

Hi girls

Sorry haven't been on in ages. So weighted in this morning, not feeling any lighter than last week. Down half a pound, was kind of disappointed but then leader said congrats you've reached 3 stone weight loss. So ended up getting silver 7 and stone! SO that kind of motivated me now to keep going for this week.

I know these last few pounds are not going to be the easiest to lose so I'm just going to stick with it and aim to have a loss of half a pound a week, i think thats a more realistic goal for me. If I lose more all the better.

So Sundays disaster.... went for dinner as I do every Sunday to my mothers, arrived armed with rhubard to stew, yoghurt and mini merigues to eat with it. Nice low points dessert. Walk in and can smell something delicious immediately, and it doesn't smell like dinner food so can only be dessert. My mother has made my favourite dessert, rhubard crumble and to top it off she's put chopped walnuts in the topping, so i there and then decided, I will be having that for dessert. So thats what I did, had small portion with my yoghurt instead of cream, everything going swimmingly.

Cleared up everything after dinner and we were all sitting in the lounge chatting when my mobile rang. I went out to answer it, while talking I spotted left over crumble on work top and said here I'll have another spoon of that, it won't do much harm, whipped cream in dish beside it so had some of that with it too. End of phone call looked down at dessert dish and cream dish.........both EMPTY!!! I had eaten every bit of it. I never felt as guilty in my life.

So on arriving home I decided to comfort myself with the fact that I had used none of my earned activity points so they would count towards the points eaten in glutany.

So I decided Monday morning that in future I would be sticking with my own desserts that I planned myself no matter how nice the one offered is. Easy to fall off the wagon but just as easy to hop back on.

Looking at Costa Calida in Spain for the holiers, just finalising few details with owner but have found lovely two bed apartment there. So that will be my new aim to be ten stone heading off!!

Suze sometimes you just have to be selfish and take time for yourself after all you have your boys reared so you deserve it.

Bren stick with the plan now and hopefully you'll reach your target by holiday time!

So I'm back on track since Monday, being very good, planning meals for each day. Going to a Customer night tomorrow night that my beauty salon is holding in town so can't wait but I heard theres going to be finger food! Going to have my dinner before I go in and sit on my hands when near any food in there!!!

Chat soon x

LOL sitting on your hands to avoid eating the food, never heard of that one. Funny thing is I'm a teacher and I tell the senior kids that if they cannot stop fidgeting whilst I talk that they should sit on thier hands!!

Dessert sounded lovely and hey you did loose, keep that in your mind. Remember "a loss is a loss!" and you got to 3 stone, brilliant girl. xxx

I have had a good day and snuck a look on the scale (naughty I know and wont do it again until Monday, promise), revealing the numbers are going down so planning on being really good. Thinking about changing my WI day to Sat though?? Just because I leave on a Sat/Sun for my holiday. Will think about this tomorrow.

Bren
X

Mrs M

well done on your loss, it was still a loss! I am sure at the time you enjoyed the dessert so stop feeling guilty and just remember you have started a new week and it is in the past.

Great news as well that you reached 3 stone. You will get to target before you know it.

Enjoy the beauty evening, it sounds great.

My boys are back and it is like they have never been away. Yes I have already shouted at them, well I started to count as when they are naughty I count to 3 for them to behave and at 2 I got the behaviour I wanted!

Bren, 8 weeks to holiday, I bet you can't wait.

I know my son at school is told to put his hands in his lap when they have to sit quietly, but then he is only 5!

I teach high school and I still tell em!

I am very excited about my holiday. I have eaten great all day and when I got home hubby offer to take me out for Thai. I was good; 2TBS of rice and had salmon(grilled) and steamed vege. It was coverd in alot of sauce so I tried to wipe as much off as possible! As a starter we had 2 fried prawns each, yummo!

Think it was about 8pts or 10 to play it safe. So I was with my daily allowance of 21.

I am thinking about changing WI days to Sat. My last WI before holidays is a Sat. But I am doubtful given my Thai dinner tonight? If I drink lots of fluids I may flush it out and surely it wont have done too much damage on the scales?

I know I have lost since Monday as I have had a sneeky look... oops

Bren
X

I think changing weight in days is good idea, i'd love if they had meetings on Saturdays as thats the day that I'm most likely to wobble a bit! Thai sounds really good. My husband was asking what are we going to eat when we go to Dublin tomorrow, i never thought I'd hear him worrying about whether we'd be able to eat healthily or not. I suggested that we try find a Thai restaurant because alot of Thai restaurants have more healthy approach to cooking than other restaurants would have.

Beauty night went great last night, there was threading, manicures, make up, facials and skin scanning (checking wrinkles under UV). Went and got french polish on nails and toes this evening followed by spray tan in tiny paper thong, it's years since I had one done and I forgot how little they cover!!! I prob won't be online again until Sunday but enjoy the weekend and be good! Suzy think ye have long weekend in UK this weekend too don't ye so enjoy extra lie in if your boys allow!

Mrs M enjoy Dublin! Yes I know those tiny paper items called 'thongs', think saying that are tiny is generous. You sound all beautiful and ready for a lovely weekend.

Changed my WI, to this morning, great news a 1.3lb loss since Monday (with exercise?). I;m off for an hour walk now!

Enjoy the weekend girls. xx

Hi

Lovely long weekend over here was great although the weather could have been better!!!!

Took the boys out yesterday to Legoland and did LOTS of walking, and spent lots of money! They had a great day so that is the main thing.

I was really good and took all our food with so why everyone else ate sandwiches I stuck to the Go Lower diet and feel quite proud of myself with all that exercise as well.

Well done on your loss Bren, you are doing great.

Mrs M, how was Dublin? I have never made it over to the Emerald Isle and I would love to go one day. Yet I managed to travel all around Bren's beautiful country.

The beauty night sounds fantastic. It makes me think I should get my hands and feet done properly, instead of doing it myself.

Suzy, well done you and sticking to your plan and all that exercise it is all going to pay off in the end or next WI!!

I think we should all go and have out feet and nails done properly. I've just spent 3 months without the falsey's and I miss'em. Never mind just before I go away I will have them put back on.

I have managed to fall off the wagon a little, but hoping 3 days of determination will help me to get back to 74.5 or below by WI on Sat morning. I have gone up to 75.3 after the weekend. Last 2 days I have improved but I am picking and want that to stop, before it gets out of control.

I have been to Dublin, got bitten terribly by bed bugs!! Also been to Scotland and London. Oh to be younger and care free again!!

xx

To be carefree and travel the world again...... one day when the kids are grown up I will do it again!

You know you need to stop picking so do you want me to yell, PACK IT IN! or do you want me to go with the softly, softly approach and say now come on dear, you must stop this if you want to help yourself!

How about you set yourself a treat to get your nails done soon and stop picking. Anything that helps has to work!

I have always been able to let my nails grow so I don't need the falsies but I do like it when I have a manicure and pedicure as it makes my feet lovely and soft and I always go for French on my hands and it just makes my nails look so much better.

What with sticking to the Go Lower diet and all that walking must have done me good because when I put my jeans on this morning I noticed they seem even baggier than usual....... new ones soon!!!

Morning ladies!

I'm back sorry i've been so busy last few days barely got a chance to look at computer.

So I'd a great weekend in Dublin, concert was amazing, literally danced for 3 solid hours, Black Eyed Peas werevery very good. My husband really enjoyed himself, sweat was pouring off the two of us from all the dancing. Was pretty good over weekend in general, went to the beauty night last Thurs night and it was really good, got my eyebrows threaded, nails and toe nails french polished and full body spray tan done. Spray tan turned out fantastic, I looked like I'd been away for a month, it's lasting really well too, I'm moisturising daily to keep it up.

So had a chicken caeser salad in the hotel on Sat evening, had 1 glass of wine, two bottles of beer and two double bacardis and diet coke at concert, now you might think I'm an alco drinking all that but my hubby only admitted to the doubles the morning after when my head was splitting!!

Hangover Breakfast cost me 8 points, had grilled rasher, tomato, hash brown (omg delicious) poached egg, toast with REAL butter!!! So worth all the points. Just had normal dinner then in my mothers when got back to pick up the boys. In the evening though I ate FIVE shortbread biscuits!!! 2.5points each, I just couldn't stop.

So got back on wagon straight away on Monday morning, even though it was a bank holiday here, i treated it as a normal day and stuck to plan. So weighted in yesterday morning and drumroll....... down 2lbs!! so weighting in at a lovely 10stone 10lbs now and delighted for it!

So looks like we're all losers here on our thread! lol

how many weeks to your holiday Bren? I've 4 weeks to the babies Christening so hoping to down to 10st 7 for that.

Back to work in 8 weeks!!! Thats when i gave myself to be at goal!

Hi Mrs M

Sounds like you had a fab weekend and you still managed to lose weight even with the shortbread biccies, well done you.

Yes we are all losers on this site, whoever thought I would be proud to call myself a loser! I have to admit although I have done it myself I couldn't have done it without Go Lower as it is the only diet that has worked for me. The hassle of adding points etc I just know is not for me.

Back