Struggling to get back on track

:(

A couple of days before I went on holiday I'd lost ten pounds and I was doing super well. I've been back since Saturday and keep trying to restart every morning but by the evening I've had junk and just over eaten.

on holiday we ate out loads and my appetite has been properly over stimulated and all I'm craving is sugar and fatty foods. I'm so depressed, just when I was FINALLY doing well I've gone and messed it up AGAIN!

How does anyone else get back on track after holidays?

i haven't even weighed myself because I know I'll have put on weight and if I see the number on the scale ill give up completely!

hi kay
i kow how you feel its took me 2-3 weeks to get back on track i was so mad at myself i thought your doing good now your going backwards x x x

I haven't really gone 'cold turkey' as such, I just haven't been able to get back in the right mindset. I was doing ok yesterday until tea time, then instead of the healthy meat and veg tea I had planned, I caved as I drove past McDonald's!

i suddenly realised last night I'm due a weigh in at the gym this week so I think that has scared me into getting back on track today as I've only had an apple for breakfast and a salad for lunch! Maybe plain old blind panic is the key! :rolleyes:

hi kay
i think your right there a weigh-in can scare us into weight loss x x

I'm still having up and down days. Dealing with boyfriend problems and long term ill health, means I turn to food as a source of comfort. I have to learn not to! This is something I want for me for the rest of my life and I have to remember that when I become tempted or overwhelmed xx

aww bless you kay ((((hugs)))) hope your feeling better x x x

I use Finkelhor's steps... it's meant to be aimed at offending behaviour but I find it helps me make better choices when it comes to cake.

The basic idea is that there are three steps before the actually cake eating and at anyone of these steps you can change your mind and make a better choice.
Step one the emotions that make you eat cake - do something else to satisfy the emotions, be aware that eating cake is not actually going to help the emotion.
Step two the thoughts that convince you to eat cake - distract your mind with something else, rationalise the irrational thoughts... cake is not actually your friend.
Step three the behaviour that helps you to eat cake - don't go to the bakery, or the road with the bakery on. If you are a secret eater, meet up with a friend don't allow yourself to be alone.

If you still get to step four and eat cake, then maybe you just really wanted it... just kidding... look back over the steps you took to get to the cake and figure out where you went wrong, learn for next time.

When I have a menu in my hand I always say "Finkelhor" to myself. Good luck, you can do it. xxx

I use Finkelhor's steps... it's meant to be aimed at offending behaviour but I find it helps me make better choices when it comes to cake.

The basic idea is that there are three steps before the actually cake eating and at anyone of these steps you can change your mind and make a better choice.
Step one the emotions that make you eat cake - do something else to satisfy the emotions, be aware that eating cake is not actually going to help the emotion.
Step two the thoughts that convince you to eat cake - distract your mind with something else, rationalise the irrational thoughts... cake is not actually your friend.
Step three the behaviour that helps you to eat cake - don't go to the bakery, or the road with the bakery on. If you are a secret eater, meet up with a friend don't allow yourself to be alone.

If you still get to step four and eat cake, then maybe you just really wanted it... just kidding... look back over the steps you took to get to the cake and figure out where you went wrong, learn for next time.

When I have a menu in my hand I always say "Finkelhor" to myself. Good luck, you can do it. xxx
lindsey thats great thankyou im going to remember this x x

hi masie
im having a crap week i am coming off it till i come off holiday then i will be back into it im really struggling x x x

hi masie
im having a crap week i am coming off it till i come off holiday then i will be back into it im really struggling x x x

I know exactly how you feel I am going away next weekend and instead of saving calories for going away I am panicing now about eating too much when I am away.

masiebud
this as been me i was getting myself in a right state head all over so i said to hubby im coming of then back into it bigtime when i come back x x x

I'm still not back on track. I'm pretty sure I've undone all my hard work over the past six months. I'm so angry at myself. How are you all getting on?

Just been for a run, got 400 more calories from doing that... a woo hoo!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey all. I started calorie counting on monday and so far I have stuck to it religiously (im quite obsessed actually). My hardest problem is if I allow myself a treat I will fall off the waggon and it takes me aggeeeess to get back on it. Good luck to u all xx

I am waiting till next week after my weekend away and then hopefully get back on track. Hopefully we will on be on track soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I got weighed to night and have stayed the same. Have dodged a bullet there and the fear I had stepping on the scales is the kick up the bum I have needed to sort my food out!

Back