Struggling to get going!

Rach1973

Hi all.....

Plucked up the courage to start a diary and share with you all and hopefully get some help!!

Did slimming world last year and got on really well, and then kinda fell off the wagon. Started again 3 weeks ago and I just can't sem to get going. Last time I lost 5lbs in the first week and then 3lbs and 3lbs........this time lost 2lbs in the first week and only 0.5 off last week. i know its a loss, but I have radically changed what I eat and do 30 mins walking every night. But it just seems to be making the losses slower.....

Sorry to whinge, but I want results like last time and they just aren't happening.

So many people on here are doing so well, and would just welcome a bit of moral support. Doing this alone and weigh in on a Sat morning!

I was 16.6 and a half then.....and tonight I'm 16.8!! Been 100%.....and I know I shouldn't keep weighing, just can't help it.

Today I have had:

Breakfast - 2 Alpen lights HexB and grapes

Lunch - Last nights left over spag bol
Pear
Apple

Tea - Roast Pork Tenderloin, mash potato, baby carrots and sugar snap peas. Gravy 2 syns

Snacks
Muller light
Curly wurly - 6 syns
Coffee - Milk HexA
2 litres of water.

Will persevere and post food consumption tomorrow......

xx

Rach1973 said:
Hi all.....

Plucked up the courage to start a diary and share with you all and hopefully get some help!!

Did slimming world last year and got on really well, and then kinda fell off the wagon. Started again 3 weeks ago and I just can't sem to get going. Last time I lost 5lbs in the first week and then 3lbs and 3lbs........this time lost 2lbs in the first week and only 0.5 off last week. i know its a loss, but I have radically changed what I eat and do 30 mins walking every night. But it just seems to be making the losses slower.....

Sorry to whinge, but I want results like last time and they just aren't happening.

So many people on here are doing so well, and would just welcome a bit of moral support. Doing this alone and weigh in on a Sat morning!

I was 16.6 and a half then.....and tonight I'm 16.8!! Been 100%.....and I know I shouldn't keep weighing, just can't help it.

Today I have had:

Breakfast - 2 Alpen lights HexB and grapes

Lunch - Last nights left over spag bol
Pear
Apple

Tea - Roast Pork Tenderloin, mash potato, baby carrots and sugar snap peas. Gravy 2 syns

Snacks
Muller light
Curly wurly - 6 syns
Coffee - Milk HexA
2 litres of water.

Will persevere and post food consumption tomorrow......

xx

Hi. I know it's hard but getting on the scales every day is only going to demotivate you. I've had to stop myself from doing it this week too and have said Monday mornings and that's it. Our weights naturally fluctuate depending on what time it is, what we've eaten, where we are in our monthlys etc. just believe in the plan and know it will all work itself out in the end.

I'm also doing this from home so happy to walk the journey with you :) remember that a loss is a loss, better it be slow and you enjoy it than it be fast, you hate it and so fall off plan xxx

Aw, thanks for that!! Nice to know someone else out there to natter with and share my journey. Everyone keeps telling me that a loss is a loss. And I just have to keep going.

Determined to do this and gonna stop scale hopping, you're do right. It's so demotivating!!

How long you been doing this?

Rach1973 said:
Aw, thanks for that!! Nice to know someone else out there to natter with and share my journey. Everyone keeps telling me that a loss is a loss. And I just have to keep going.

Determined to do this and gonna stop scale hopping, you're do right. It's so demotivating!!

How long you been doing this?

It's true. The scales can do crazy things, believe me. I was on a vlcd and had weeks where the scales barely moved yet I'd only been having 500 calls per day. It all catches up in the end. Make sure you take your measurements and some pictures so that you have things other than a number to compare too.

I've been back on sw for a week. Last week I gained, but that was purely my moving onto this plan from the vlcd and low carb stuff id been on plus I had a real blow out day on Sunday. I needed it though as had been battling myself all last week and now feel so much more focused. So really I'm taking this week, from Monday, as my first week.

I did sw a couple of years ago though, lost almost two stone before had a little fall out with a very rude consultant, stopped going to meetings, came off plan in the run up to Xmas etc etc. never quite got back on. But i feel really in the zone and ready to reach my target now. Sw fits wonderfully with real life I think, and it's a plan I can enjoy whilst losing weight. To me, I'd rather it be slow and enjoyable :)

Just remember this is your journey, it's not gonna be the same as anyone else's, we're all different x

So who is rach1973? Work, kids etc? What's your story... :) x

oh nooo try not to let it get you down

right do you have kitchen scales and a plastic bottle

if you do put the bottle on the scales and fill with water until it weighs half a lb put the lid on and sit it next to your bathroom scales.

when i feel crap cos ive ONLY lost half a lb i pick mine up and actually it weighs quite a bit so half a lb is actually good loss hope that helps it works for me as after athe first few weeks im a really slow loser

You are both so sensible. And I agree, this is a long term thing and it does fit it with life so well. I guess that I just expected bigger losses at the start as I've always had them previously.

And the half pound of water in a bottle is such a blinking fab idea. Thanks so much for that. Just need to get everything into perspective!!!

As for me, well, always been overweight, but just been getting worse as the years go by. I'm 40 next year and just want to feel confident in myself. I love clothes and fashion but at a size 18 feel so self conscious that I wear black all the time to work. I work full time for a German defence company as a commercial manager, do lots of sitting down!!! No kids, yet....been with OH for last 7 years and he has kids from a prev relationship. Not always easy, but they are great kids!!

So that's me!!
16.6 and gonna be a lot lighter before the year is out!!!

Rach1973 said:
You are both so sensible. And I agree, this is a long term thing and it does fit it with life so well. I guess that I just expected bigger losses at the start as I've always had them previously.

And the half pound of water in a bottle is such a blinking fab idea. Thanks so much for that. Just need to get everything into perspective!!!

As for me, well, always been overweight, but just been getting worse as the years go by. I'm 40 next year and just want to feel confident in myself. I love clothes and fashion but at a size 18 feel so self conscious that I wear black all the time to work. I work full time for a German defence company as a commercial manager, do lots of sitting down!!! No kids, yet....been with OH for last 7 years and he has kids from a prev relationship. Not always easy, but they are great kids!!

So that's me!!
16.6 and gonna be a lot lighter before the year is out!!!

There you go. Listen to how much more positive you are already :) ah black clothes, yes I have a wardrobe of those lol.

I've been overweight pretty much all of my adult life. Got an awful lot worse when I quit smoking, I developed an appetite then. Started using food as my coping mechanism too. But I'm determined to beat it this time. My kids (twin 3yr old boys) are looking up to me and I'm determined they'll learn the right ways from me :)

i too have been overweight most of my adult life done most diets going and have been yo yo ing for years hence the cat yo yo greaves lol:sigh: but i saw the slimming world extra easy and i just thought it could work for me

i was finding ww was getting hard with all the points and weighing and was starting to obsess about everything:( im loving doing ee as it fits in with my family life i have a 2 yr old son and just no time for faffing with points and weighing i only really need to look up my syns for treats so tend to have less treats as i cant be bothered to look it up so have a yog instead.

you seem to be a bit more positive now which is good sometimes i just need some positive words to to give me a kick up the bum and snap me out of my diet sulk i do that alot esp when oh is eating something naughty

keep going xxx cat

cat yoyo greaves said:
i too have been overweight most of my adult life done most diets going and have been yo yo ing for years hence the cat yo yo greaves lol:sigh: but i saw the slimming world extra easy and i just thought it could work for me

i was finding ww was getting hard with all the points and weighing and was starting to obsess about everything:( im loving doing ee as it fits in with my family life i have a 2 yr old son and just no time for faffing with points and weighing i only really need to look up my syns for treats so tend to have less treats as i cant be bothered to look it up so have a yog instead.

you seem to be a bit more positive now which is good sometimes i just need some positive words to to give me a kick up the bum and snap me out of my diet sulk i do that alot esp when oh is eating something naughty

keep going xxx cat

I get obsessive with the points and weighing etc. sw is the only plan I've ever been able to stick to for a good period of time. I also agree it fits well with family life :) x

Thanks Cat......gonna keep going for now!

Todays menu was

Breakfast - Pear, Muller Light

Mid morning - 2 Alpen Light Bars (HexB)

Lunch - Tuna and rice with loads of salad
Muller light Yoghurt, grapes and pear

Then had a bounty!!! 13 syns!

Just been out for 30 min march round the village....and now cooking tea....

Frittata with eggs, peppers, onions, mushrooms, sweetcorm and lean bacon medallions.

Drunk 2 litres of water and skimmed milk in coffee (HexA)

And......I know you're gonna shout but scale hopped again and 16.8 still......1 and 1/2 up still......

Just don't get it.....a lot to lose and its just not happening! Need a miracle between now and sat! And I know we're not all the same but when I've done it before....always big losses at the start! The only thing I am doing differently is walking every night!!! How can that stop the losses.....???

If I stay the same on Sat....I'm giving it one more week 100% and that's it! I need a loss!!!!! And a significant one......

Sorry to harp on.....just feel disheartened!

just thought id let you know that i have popped on scales for past few days for a few of the days i had put on ( and i weighed at same time every day) and today i have lost half lb so it goes to show we really should stick to once a week as it fluctuates ALOT hope that helps

WI this morning and lost half a pound! It's still a loss I guess but that's only 3 lbs on 3 weeks. Soooooo slow. Why is it so different to last year?????

Onward and upwards! Have a good saturday everyone.
x

Still a loss. Anything down is a success. I'd rather lose small consistently than big but only every couple of weeks!

Update!!!

Weighed again and 1.5 off. So I'm taking it. Drank lots yesterday so may b water retention. What a difference a wee makes!!!

Well, havent been on since Sat when i lost another 1.5 so still coming off!!! And no one is tallking to me, but will still keep rambling....

Had a good week so far......stuck to about 10 syns every day and did loads of cooking at weekend. Butternut squash and sweet potato soup has been my staple lunch in an attempt to up my superfree.

Today's food...

Breakfast
Grapes, Melon and muller light

Lunch
Leek and Potato Soup (homemade)
Pear, Apple and more grapes
Muller light yoghurt

Tea
Steak, Home made SW chips in my amazing Airfryer (6 syns oil)
And loads of veg

Snacks
2 Alpen Lights during day (HexB)
milk in coffee during day (HexA)
2 litres water

So only 6 syns.....may have a curly wurly after tea....

And continuing my nightly 30 min stomp round the village.

Hopefully at least another pound off on Sat.....this water and stomping should start working soon!!!

Is anybody out there?
xx

Rach1973 said:
Well, havent been on since Sat when i lost another 1.5 so still coming off!!! And no one is tallking to me, but will still keep rambling....

Had a good week so far......stuck to about 10 syns every day and did loads of cooking at weekend. Butternut squash and sweet potato soup has been my staple lunch in an attempt to up my superfree.

Today's food...

Breakfast
Grapes, Melon and muller light

Lunch
Leek and Potato Soup (homemade)
Pear, Apple and more grapes
Muller light yoghurt

Tea
Steak, Home made SW chips in my amazing Airfryer (6 syns oil)
And loads of veg

Snacks
2 Alpen Lights during day (HexB)
milk in coffee during day (HexA)
2 litres water

So only 6 syns.....may have a curly wurly after tea....

And continuing my nightly 30 min stomp round the village.

Hopefully at least another pound off on Sat.....this water and stomping should start working soon!!!

Is anybody out there?
xx

Well done on your loss :) you're doing really well!! Soup sounds lovely I'm going to get the stuff tomorrow to try the speed soup x

Thanks hun!

Thought I might try that at the weekend, you'll have to let me know how it tases if you do it before?

When's your WI?
x

WI is Monday. Didn't get to the shops yet. Might do an online order tonight but it'll probably be the weekend when I do it now too x

Back