Struggling To See The Positives

Hello there,
If you don't mind I am wallowing in a pity party at the moment and just to need vent somewhere. I am on WK 5 of SS.

I am really struggling at the mo with SS. Every night a I have a tiny piece (no more than a mouthful) of DH dinner, but it is just not satisfying my craving.

I am feeling so deprived at the moment, angry with myself for getting so overweight and angry with myself that I am putting myself through this diet because I am overweight. Its not even naughty food I am craving, just something nice like a ham salad sandwich will do.

My family are incredibly supportive, but I fear I have become a bit of a food bore for them. I haven't seen my CDC for 2 weeks and am not due to see her until next Monday as she is on hols at the moment. I think this may be part of my problem.

I am really finding it hard to remember the positives in this, in 5 weeks I have.....

Lost 29 pounds (according to my scales, official WI on Mon)
Lost over 17 inches off my body
Can wear a 20/22 on top whereas I have been a 26 for over 5 years.
I don't have any pain in my hip any more.
None of my usual clothes fit me.

I don't know whats the matter with me, I do know I don't want to stop this diet, but I am really struggling.:wave_cry:

Motivate me people!!

She's right you know - you should be doing AAMW which might help you with a lot of how you are doing. For many people the sheer tedium of knowing how LONG they are going to have to follow the plan can make it feel like torture. Until you compare it with how long it would take you to lose that amount of weight on an eating plan.

Sounds like you are in a bit of rut - have you got your Weight Care with Cambridge booklet? If you have a looksee, you can see what you can have for your AAMW and that might make you feel a bit better about the whole situation :)

I am really struggling at the mo with SS. Every night a I have a tiny piece (no more than a mouthful) of DH dinner, but it is just not satisfying my craving.

Unfortunately i'm sorry to say this..... but a tiny mouth full is not going to help hun, (hope that doesn't sound to harsh) have you considered doing the 790 plan so that you can have a small evening meal. The weight loss difference is only 2lbs a month..... Are you drinking enough water? i usually drink 4 litres a day that's seems to keep the hunger at bay (oh!....that rhymes....lol) My only other advise to have a chat with your CDC.....

Good luck & well done on the 29lbs so far....xxx

I am really finding it hard to remember the positives in this, in 5 weeks I have.....

Lost 29 pounds (according to my scales, official WI on Mon)
Lost over 17 inches off my body
Can wear a 20/22 on top whereas I have been a 26 for over 5 years.
I don't have any pain in my hip any more.
None of my usual clothes fit me.

Motivate me people!!

What you have achieved so far is so positive.
You have lost an average of 6lb a week!
You have gone down 2-3 dress sizes
You have lost 17"
You are pain free

I guess boredom must set in with the diet after a while, but you must keep your goals in mind.

I find that setting smaller targets is helping me, cause the thought of being on the diet for 6 months is daunting, but with each stone lost I know I will feel proud of myself and want to keep going.

Speak to your CDC at your next WI and tell her your concerns so she can help you with them and she can remind you how far you've already come.

It would be such a shame to give up now after all your hard work.

Sam
x

You've done brilliantly so far. Try adding the meal which you should be in week 5 and see if that helps.

I'm only in week 3, but trying to focus on a stone at a time rather than how long I'll actually be on this. Also taking more baths than normal - read a book, sip some water and laze in the bubbles and it'll take your mind of eating :D

You'd have taken over 3 months on other diets to get near your current achievements. :)

You have done brilliantly.. I agree that AAMW would help you. Talk to your CDC asap and give it a go. Don't give up now......Think of it as a small hiccup. More water staves off the hunger. Although if you are in ketosis the cravings should go. Keep with it and keep posting.

Thanks everyone, I have printed out the recipes for the packs and as I have a few spare, I am going to try and make the crisps and cookie tonight for my dinner. If it goes wrong then I know I have got packs spare.

This place is wonderful, I spent all of last night reading through the threads and going through Mikes (icemoose) blog. It has definately helped focus me.

You are all wonderful people and I am so grateful that you are here supporting and sharing the highs and the lows. I am absolutely positive that I would have caved in by now if it wasn't for you lot as it doesn't matter how much support you get from your family, they really have no idea how you feel before or during this diet.

Thank you all.

Back