Struggling with binging

PandaDad

Hi folks,

I have always been overweight, but lost 2 stone before COVID. I was almost at a healthy weight, but the limit on exercise and need to eat to make myself feel better about everything really put me back. I'm heavier than I have ever been now, I've started couch 2 5k, but my diet is crap. I'm really struggling with feeling full enough to not crave chrisps, takeout and other junk.

I wondered what you guys did that helped? When I lost weight before, I just banned that food completely from my house, but I don't really think that's the answer, because long term, I'm going to want to eat it at some point. The problem is when I do eat it, I would have like a whole sharer bag of chrisps rather than a single 30g packet.

I keep thinking what worked for me before, and I think it was mainly the running. I would run 2 5ks a week and 1 10k, and I pretty much could eat whatever on a 10k day lol. I feel like if I jump too quickly with running again though, I would do myself an injury.

Luckily, I have a month off work so I can focus on this. I've just had 2 days of take outs and I've had enough. My man boobs feel like they're like double Ds lol.

I know this kind of question has been answered so many times before, but struggling to find it!

Some info about me that may help
Height: 5ft 6in
Weight: 14s 7lb

Hi folks,

I have always been overweight, but lost 2 stone before COVID. I was almost at a healthy weight, but the limit on exercise and need to eat to make myself feel better about everything really put me back. I'm heavier than I have ever been now, I've started couch 2 5k, but my diet is crap. I'm really struggling with feeling full enough to not crave chrisps, takeout and other junk.

I wondered what you guys did that helped? When I lost weight before, I just banned that food completely from my house, but I don't really think that's the answer, because long term, I'm going to want to eat it at some point. The problem is when I do eat it, I would have like a whole sharer bag of chrisps rather than a single 30g packet.

I keep thinking what worked for me before, and I think it was mainly the running. I would run 2 5ks a week and 1 10k, and I pretty much could eat whatever on a 10k day lol. I feel like if I jump too quickly with running again though, I would do myself an injury.

Luckily, I have a month off work so I can focus on this. I've just had 2 days of take outs and I've had enough. My man boobs feel like they're like double Ds lol.

I know this kind of question has been answered so many times before, but struggling to find it!

Some info about me that may help
Height: 5ft 6in
Weight: 14s 7lb
Hello,
I do find that exercise really helps.
it’s really good that you can run.
I am pacing myself with regual walks as I don’t feel I can run
with the weight I’m carrying at the moment.

I have rediscovered fruit.
this seems to help with my cravings.
also I find that protein in the form of tinned sardines, boiled eggs,
ham,shrimps help me to manage my cravings.

Back