struggling with calories and fat

babymimi

Hi i am struggling with getting anywhere near 45 g of fat per day, and finding that i am struggling to keep within the cals.
Does this make sense?

I am thinking of doing it alongside ww instead, does any one do this??

If so i have a few questions :p

1 Do i stick to normal points?
2 Do i still need to count calories, or just stick to points?
3 Do i still stick to 45g fat per day and keep below 5 %??

Thanks, and sorry for qs!!
Lisa
xx

Don't worry about the fat, that is a maximum amount, not an amount to work towards. If you are struggling to keep within your calories have a close look at what you are eating. Some foods are very high in calories without too much nutrition in them and it's possible to replace these with foods that, while lower in calories, are more satisfying for you. Have you posted a food dairy? Try putting a couple of typical food days up here and you'll get loads of advice. I can't comment on Weight Watchers, I have done it in the past but not alongside Xenical so I'm not sure how that would go. Good luck

KB

I am staying within the calories am just being greedy i think lol, i do allow myself some treats otherwise i wouldnt stick to it lol. That will be what it is.

I will post diary on here.

Lisa
xx

You're absolutely right to allow yourself treats, this is for life, not just a few months and we aren't going to spend the rest of our lives doing without treats. We also have to learn to live with the fact that the more treats we have the slower our weigh loss will be. We'll still get there, just via the scenic route.

KB

I don't know much about WW hun, but if you do it along side taking the tabs, then even though you're counting points, the food you eat still must be 5% fat or less, and no more than 45g of fat per day.
Personally for me, I think doing another diet/weight loss plan like WW alongside the tablets makes it far too confusing. I think something like Slimming World is easier , as there really is no counting in that plan. When I started the tabs 2 years ago, my food diary was a record of fat grams I ate. Now I count calories, BUT that is only because I know have a pretty good handle of the amount of fat I eat. Everything I eat now, apart from a few food items like go ahead crispy slices for example, is well within the 5% fat rule.
I think the trick is really to get your head around a low fat diet. Become confident in the food choices that you make and that you'll start to see results.
I've never looked at this as a diet, its been a life style change for me, and whether or not I'm on the tablets, the changes I've made while on these tabs have been permanent ones :)
x

im way to confused by it all so ive been using slimfast shakes for breckie and lunch then using 500cals for dinner (usually a ww meal topped up with extra veg and potatos) then 300 cals for snacks of an eve as its when im usually head in fridge! i did start on ww but theres too much counting.. im doing this till i get my head round 1 meal then ill gradually reduce the shakes and just calorie and fat count.. (im taking in 1250cals a day at the min and not too hungry) ww just made my head spin!
nic x

Sorry if anyone thinks i am banging on about this but rosemary conley diet is the ideal one to follow whilst being on xenical as the rules are the same.

You get your daily calorie allowance based on your age and height and weight and then you stick to the 5% rule with exercise.

I lost 4 stone on just rosemary (but two stone back on after being bad for two years) but have nearly got that extra two stone off (2 1/2 pounds to go).

Hi Everyone........

Went for my weekly weigh and this being th TOTM didnt expect much but got on the scales and OMG..6lb off this week very chuffed with myself so thats 9lb towards my june challenge ........
good luck everyone hope your callenges are going well ..Tina..x

weight.png

Sorry if anyone thinks i am banging on about this but rosemary conley diet is the ideal one to follow whilst being on xenical as the rules are the same.

You get your daily calorie allowance based on your age and height and weight and then you stick to the 5% rule with exercise.

I lost 4 stone on just rosemary (but two stone back on after being bad for two years) but have nearly got that extra two stone off (2 1/2 pounds to go).

Totally agree in that RC is perfect to do alongside Xenical. The only thing I would be aware of is that oily fish ( which you are allowed on RC) can give you side effects while on Xenical. The reason being that oily fish is well above the 5% fat rule, but is allowed on RC as the oils are heart healthy omega 3s and 6s, however Xenical makes no distinction between good, heart healthy oils and bad nasty saturated fats :( Oily fish is another of those trial and error foods on Xenical. Some people can have them with no effects, some have a side effect pretty quickly, others up to 48 hours later. But yep, RC is pretty spot on for Xenical :) x

Everyone........

Went for my weekly weigh and this being th TOTM didnt expect much but got on the scales and OMG..6lb off this week very chuffed with myself so thats 9lb towards my june challenge ........
good luck everyone hope your callenges are going well ..Tina..x

Well done Tina, that's fabulous :D
xx

i never use calories i only ever tracked fat , both is way too complicated for me , but tracking fat worked for me , maybe try focusing on one rather then both? x

Back