Struggling With Lipotrim & Need To Hear from anyone that has changed to CD!!!

Beverley75

Silver Member
:( Hi ! Just found this thread and love it (my son thinks I've disappeared coz it's taking so long to read all the great advice!)

Here's the thing - I'm seriously thinking about changing from Lipotrim to CD. I managed to lose nearly 4st on Lipotrim then fell off the wagon went I went on holiday to Ibiza and have been running like a nut to get back on the vlcd wagon and keep failing miserably. Infact, that's my state of mind at the moment - miserable!:cry: I just can't seem to bring myself to go back to my three chocolate satchets a day (hated the vanilla, strawberry, chicken and 'cardboard-with-a-hint-of-peanut' bars) and 2+ltrs of water.... has anyone else made the swap?

I must confess when my sister called to clue me into a possible swap to CD (we started Lipotrim at the same time and she's doing BRILLIANTLY but thinks a change will help her thru the last mile) I was hesitant as I KNOW Lipotrim works and I'm scared of getting my head around all the complex manoevures it seems you have to make on the CD. And I'm so far from the 'last mile' it's just not funny:eek: ! I feel like a quitter - like I should stick to LT until I get closer to my goal - but it's just not working mentally anymore! Aaargh!!!

Does CD work as well? I have a theorhetical 4st left to shift (when I was 18 yrs old and a slim, healthy, active size 12 I was 12st, so the BMI recommendation is a bit odd, so I'll go according to dress size) and I so want this but my self defeating mind just can't seem to not want food:tear_drop: !!! I'm not even starving but if I survive the urgings of my colleagues to have a huge lunch, by the end of the day I'm desperate for food and have something for dinner - it's like I feel I'm going to miss out or something and don't want to 'deprive' myself. Pathetic, I know, but I've decided to be brutally unapologetically honest with myself :break_diet:

:eek: Sorry I know this is one huge ramble but I'm hoping that a change will help me get motivated again! How long would it take on CD to shift 4st? I'm guessing at the minute but I'm sure I've put on at least 7lbs since my last weigh in - it's bad enough my size 16's are tight - I'm so scared my weight is creeping back up to where I started at 18st 6lb!

Where are the success stories for people that made the swap from LT to CD? How much do you lose on avarege a month? What's the variety like? How often do you have to see the counsellor (as a working, divorced mum there's no such thing as 'spare time' in my life!)? Do the CDCs really make all the difference? How can you possibly drink 4ltrs of water a day (was well impressed with my 2 and a half!)??

thanks for any help that you can offer!:sigh:
Wish me luck!!!

Good morning Bev,

I feel compelled to reply to you as i too am struggling at the moment. I have never done Lipotrim, however it's the same packs as the Lighterlife and Cambridge diet. The only thing i know for a fact is you get the most variety of flavours and bars on CD.

If it's your head that's not in the right place then you need to think about the sort of diet you are on. Yes, if you get the right counsellor on CD then you are laughing, i have a very laid back one and that's not that gr8, she's lovely, but i feel i could do with a bit more pressure from her sometimes. I previously did Lighterlife 2 yrs ago and the way the groups and the counselling worked for me was stricter, probably because we where doing it together in a group.

So all in all the packs are the sames just more variety, you will still be in abstinence if you choose, however on CD you can choose a plan where you can eat on too, very small amounts, but you can eat.

My advice would be, get your head in the right place and the diet will follow.

Oh yes and i'm on cd at mo, started again last monday and am down 9 1/4lbs, pretty pleased with that just struggling coz it's the weekend and the demons are banging at my door:mad:

I'm around if you need anything else.

Sorry, i don't feel i've given you much constructive advice.

xxxx

Hi Beverly

I successfully made the transition from Lipotrim to CD and have to say it is the best move I made!! I was getting to the stage where I DREADED the shakes (couldn't stomach the soup) and the bars were horrific!!!

Anyhow did 4 weeks on LT and lost 26lbs, have been on CD for 3 weeks now and have lost 13lbs so far .. so I reckon the weight losses are similar, but boy it's way easier!! There is more choice and the bars are actually TASTY (very tasty). The vanilla shake actually tastes like vanilla. I have to say it is making it so much easier to stick to. I am a mum to a small toddler too, so time is at a premium. I see my counsellor every 2 weeks (but I could see her every 4 if I wanted) to have a chat and collect my 2 weeks worth of "packs". She is also available by mobile 24/7 should I need to speak to her. EG when I was on holidays and realised I'd left myself short by 2 packs .. I texted her in a panic and she sorted me out!!

Sorry if this is a bit long and waffley - feel free to PM me if you want (no worries) but I can honestly say CD is making it easier for me to complete my journey - only 26lbs left to go!!!!

Dee

Hi SjHarvey01!

Thank you so much for getting back to me - was getting a bit frantic there:eek:

Have my first appointment to see a counsellor this afternoon (just washing my hair - tube travel is yuck!) - and for the first time in six months I'm actually excited about the rest of this journey!!!:D I feel like I did when I started on Lipotrim - keen to get stuck in and see the lbs dropping off! Yep, I totally want to SS so I'll go that route, it's what I'm used to and if there are more varieties I can actually chop and changed flavours instead of being stuck on chocolate shakes!!!! My counsellor seems to be on the ball and quite strict that i 'go for gold' - he's promised to call me every day for two weeks and even offered for me to come jogging with he and his partner (also a CDC) when I lose my final 3 stone. Weeeell, one step at a time, am just trying to get back in the groove with my sit ups (losing all this weight is fantastic but my lower belly was trying to mate with my knees!;) )

Thanx so much for letting me know I'm not alone! I'll keep you posted....
Bev x

Hey Dee!

You're a life saver - first of all: Well Done on the excellent loss you've had so far .... keep keeping on and you'll get there!:D

I'm so glad that there are others out there That have made the switch and are doing well on it ... as you probably read above, I'm going to SS and I'm so excited about the range of flavours and variety available (can't have bars for two weeks because of the minute carb content but I can't wait for week three to sample EVERYTHING!!!:))!

It's been so long since I was this energetic and confident ... I feel a bit weird actually, keep waiting for the 'devil on my shoulder' to kick in and ruin it ...but the b!**h has been silent for a couple of days so here I go!!

Will log on later tonight to update you on how it went (sorry, find navigating this site a bit hard - takes ages to find my own threads!! Have no idea how to PM????:eek: )

I've got 3st left to lose - but know that you can lean on and moan to me for the duration of your journey:) !

Good luck to all of us .....
Bev x

I know that feeling Bev ..lots of times I lose my post or get caught up reading other peoples .. I just had a look and don't think you can PM (private message - way off talking offline as such) yet .. I think Pierce and Mini (site owners) changed it all recently so that you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can pm people .. so I'm sure it won't be long!!

Get yourself sorted with a ticker and if you need swift kick up the @rse .. call on me .. I am chief butt kicker (well try to kick my own daily)!!! This is a super amazing site and everyone (EVERYONE) on it is incredibly supportive and helpful and there is always someone around to answer any questions you might have ... and there are always questions!! I've have had so many ....

Anyhow .. Missy .. need to go and do a ton of ironing (oh joy) while my toddler has her nap

Where are you based? I'm in Dublin, Ireland

Talk later

Hiya Dee!

Hi WannabeSlim!

Hope your done with ironing (don't, pleeeease don't remind me about the sunday night blues of ironing for the week!) because here goes...

Went and saw my CDC today!!! Yes I have a CDC! I start the diet tomorrow and I really can't wait! The range of flavours was unbelievable and because of my scepticism and disillusionment with LT, my CDC actually gave me taste tests!! I got to sample the flavoured water, chicken soup, and tomato soup - MAGIC!!:D I felt like a bumpkin I was so grateful for the extensive range, I couldn't even pick my sachets sensibly! Thank goodness my sister finally nudged me into getting a bit of everything, so i should have an excellent week!

My CDC has promised to call every day (especially at the times I told him I feel weak eg: lunch at work and making my son's dinner) for two weeks to get me thinking right with that extra support, and the best part was that he and his partner (also a CDC and lovely) have practised what they preach (so to speak)! They look fantastic!!

I feel so positive and strong. I know I can do this - I'm 15st 3lbs (thought I was a lot heavier after the last four months or so of farting around) and I'm exactly 5ft 8". So now I know exactly where I've started & it's time to get where I'm going! 5st to lose and from midnight tonight I'm on my way!:cool:

Nearly forgot! I live, work and play in lovely London - one of the nicest and weirdest things about this site is that you can meet people from all over the country and they know more about you than your neighbours in London! Weird but liberating!

Hoping to start a diary thread so keep a look out and I'll let you know how I'm doing!

Well done on all of the goals you've reached;) !

Take care of you,
Bev x

Back