struggling

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
has anyone else been on this eating plan as long as me or longer, and is struggling like me.
i am finding it really hard. my problems is staying focused. i feel like a failure.

I really do understand hun!!
although i have only just started sw i have been dieting on and off for years but for the last 12 to 18 months i really have struggled to stick to anything and yes feel like a failure.

But i can only say keep going, one day at a time, try a different diet for a while if you think it might be boredom with what you're eating that's the problem. You can onlyu fail completely if you give up trying.

Yep I'm in the same boat started in May and still havent got that illusive half stone back, I got it once and then went to 6.5lbs and cant get past that. Every week it's gain, lose etc. I am feeling tres positive about tonights weigh in though.
Chin up gal, you'll get there, your just taking the scenic route, which is always more enjoyable. x

Hi Tara, I have been doing this for a lot longer (since end Feb). Initially, my losses were really good. However, since having 2 holidays and a number of business trips, my gym visits have vanished and my weight is sticking to around the same. I need to restart exercising, but my motivation for it has gone. At the moment, I eat very well when at work or at home, but I keep having evenings out with friends and family which is proving to be my downfall. I am at risk of not meeting my Christmas Challenge loss. I am thinking of walking home this evening (2 and half hours brisk walk) as a way of easing back into exercise. How about you? Do you do any exercise? Tracy x

come on hun, you can do this! What is it you are struggling with? Is it the foods? The planning? The temptation? Is your head in the right place?

Go back to basics Tara, plan your week's food - lots of variety and good grub can make all the difference to your "diet". Take each day at a time, join the 100% day sticky and give yourself a pat on the back for each day you complete.

I've done this for 2 1/2 years and I do get bored, this week I really want to lose 2 lb so I have gone right back to the start, weighing and measuring everything, superspeeds, superfree etc etc but I'm being very strict!

What I'm trying to say (rambling now) is that you need to plan and vary and don't beat yourself up for falling of the wagon.

You really can do this.

Hello, I am totally struggling I have been doing the diet for over a year and a half, totally stuck to it until our holidays last year but since then have been up and down by 4-5lb not put it all back on which I am pleased about but struggling to get last stone off. Feeling the pinch the now to so find it harder to vary food and mostly on EE days but eat most pasta and potatoes. Need new inspirational and reasonable priced ideas. Thanks. Keep going its hard and I'm trying too.

Ive not been doing it as long as you but for the last month I have been struggling like mad. I am coming out of it now tho, thank goodness as Ive put 6lb on.

Ok, for me I needed to be totally honest with myself as to why I was struggling instead of ignoring it. I LOVE FOOD, LOL! I wanted to eat junk but the plain fact is I cant eat it when and how much I like without suffering the consequences e.g. weight gain, tiredness, sluggishness, no get up and go, drop in confidence.......etc.

Then I thought about how good I felt when I was on plan e.g more energy, fitter, wanting to go to the gym, better skin, looking healthier, feeling excited about clothes getting loser, more confidence.....etc.

The second list looks more inviting doesnt it, lol! I also knew that no matter how much encouragement I got from family, friends & here ulitmately it had to come from me. That is a valuable lesson I have learnt over the years, I have always blamed others for why I havent lost weight e.g. i was invited out.......he had a kebab....they can eat what they want....ive a party coming up.....Basically I used everyone as an excuse so that I could eat what I wanted. It wasnt fair to them or me because I was stopping myself reaching my goal. I guess its what you would call self sabatage. Ive even joined a slimming club then sort or sat back weighting for the weight to drop off, lol, basically it had not clicked that I had to do it myself.

This time round (the last and successful time) I know in no uncertain terms that if I want to lose this weight then I have to get off my backside and just do it, no excuses!

Like I did when i started SW I just got up in the morning and started, i knew I had to stop saying, I must get on plan, i need the right foods in, ill just finish this doughtnut, lol. I had the right food in, I knew what a doughtnut tasted like (I'll never say im not having a doughtnut ever because I want to stick with this plan, lol, so i know they'll be other doughtnuts), and I was the only one stopping me getting back on plan!

So, what im trying to say is think about why you are struggling, why you want to eat naughty things. I could be something simple like your bored of the food, in which case try a different day e.g. red instead of green or get your old mags out for receipes. Then you need to understand that only you can make the changes. Get your books out and look at all the stuff you can have dont dwell on what you cant have.Re-read your mags and book like you've just started. Think about what you have achieved so far. Its worked for you and you can do it or you wouldnt still be here.

Check that fridge and those cupboards and make sure you've got enough to get you going tomorrow then JUST DO IT!!!

I am so sorry to ramble, I just know how hard it is and I want you have confidence that you can do it! HTH

Ok....tough love coming here!
Do you want to be the size you were? Did you enjoy being "fat"?
Why did you want to loose the weight in the beginning?
Do you want another failed diet under your belt because you have decided that it may be too much effort to put into it? (ok, that one is a bit harsh), but think about them all.
Loosing weight isnt easy, but gaining it is and it happens quicker than we would like to think.
You have to put the effort in to see the results unfortunately. If there was a quick fix way, I think the queues would be half way around the world by now!!
As the others have said.
You can do it, you just need to find that little spark that started you off in the first place. Ive been doing SW for a year now. Yes, there are days where I think "stuff it..I cant be bothered!", but then I remember being 21 1/2 stone, wheezing to move anywhere, always feeling tired and too exhausted to have fun with my Hubby and Daughter and I think to myself...I am NEVER going to go there again.
Sit down, do some planning, have a look at some recipes and enjoy!!

xxxx

Back