struggling

nicanancy

Been back on the diet 5 weeks now and im dtruggling, i do well for a few days and then binge :-( im exactly the same weight as i was when i started 5 weeks ago! Im getting weighed this aft and know ive stayed the same. im going to have to either bite the bullet and say it's over if i dont stick to it 100% from today!

any advice?

Which step are you on ss? Maybe you souks try a higher step, I wad on ss+ and could enjoy a little meal in thr eve, meant I didn't miss/crave food. You should defo try that I think x good luck, do you have much to lose? X

{{{Hugs}}}

It's one of the classic struggles you encounter when you do a VLCD - and then stop - and then try to get going again. You're down a significant number of pounds and you feel better, so your motivation to stick to the diet and lose another lot of pounds is lower than it was to start with. The trouble with Cambridge (well, all VLCDs) is that you have to want to lose weight just about more than anything else in the world at that moment in time.

So it's getting your head back in that place where weightloss becomes a priority rather than a 'like to have'.

It can be done - but it needs you to get into a mindset, that nothing's going to get in the way of you losing the weight this time. If you start wallowing in self pity cos you can't go out for a drink or you can't eat this and that (and I'm not saying this is what you're doing - just what I've felt in the past!) then you're sunk really, because this isn't a diet where you can do that.

If you can, try to do the diet one day at a time. Don't try to think any more than a few days ahead and definitely no further than a week. Focus on getting through just one day - and telling yourself that you're not going to cheat today. If you find yourself weakening, find something to put yourself off - phone a friend, have a bath, tidy out a cupboard, get out for a walk, go to bed... Once you've got one day under your belt, it's lots easier to get the next day right as well.

It is tough, this diet. But if you can get your head in the right place, it's also the quickest way to lose weight there is (apart from WL surgery).

Keep your chin up - and tell yourself you're going to get it right this week!

excellent advice lily :)

Back