Struggling :-(

Fat Bird

Hello all! Firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone on this forum you have helped me get thru my first month on exante 100%. However today I'm feeling really low even though I had my 4th week weigh in this morning and have had another good loss I still don't seem to be able to get me out of the 'I can't do this anymore ' frame of mind :(... I'm normally raring to go on a Tuesday after my weigh in.... But today I'm not and now I'm worrying that I'm going to give up and undo all my hard work........ This diet can be really really hard at times can't it :-(
Thanks for reading
FB xx

Fb. Yes, this diet can be so hard at times! I sailed through my first 4 weeks also and then struggled. I decided to have my aam thinking it might kick start me. It didn't. And I still cannot get back to 100% :'( despite this, though I'm still here and stillv trying. And still losing good weight, maybe if I wasn't I could get back on it. Stick with it. It is s struggle but the results are worth it so try ride the storm and stay 100% and keep losing weight xxxx

Thanks t2g! I was wondering whether I should do the aam week as they suggest it in week 5 don't they? However to be honest , with the frame of mind that I am in I suspect that if I do that now I won't be able to stop eating and then I'll be back to square one!
Keep trying t2g don't give up and I won't either ;-)........
FB xx

These diets are very difficult, but you have come so far already. To have 4 weeks at 100% is a huge achievement. You should be proud of yourself. When i'm struggling i remind myself that it's not forever :hug99:

Thanks NEPriest! I keep telling myself that... I want to lose 70lbs in total an I've decided to break it down into 2 lots of 35lb... I've done 26.5 so almost at my first goal.... I just feel like I'm gonna be on this diet forever as I'm a miserable mare and feeling sorry for myself today :-(
FB xx

I have loads to lose too - it's a thought isn't it? I'm going to aim for 12 weeks and see how i go. Usually i complain about how fast time is going by - so i just hope i feel the same after doing this for 12 weeks :)

Yeah, I was planning to go up to my birthday at begin of march as that seemed realistic but today it feels like an eternity away!!
I can do this.........
I can do this........
I can do this..........
Well I'll have a good shot at it anyway..
Best of luck my lovely
FB xx

My philosophy was a day at a time! I would suggest, based on me. If you are struggling stay away from aam, it wont help :-( I haven't really been 100% since. No more than 2 days at a time. Tackle a day at a time and before you know it its been a week. Two weeks. A month x

ladies im the same i totally get what your saying this is my 3rd wk and im really really struggling and i dont know why i just keep telling myself what it will feel like to be slim and be able to wear lovely clothes again. Im not going to do the food break as i think i would really find it difficult to get back on track after it god why is it sooooo hard!!!!!!

Hello, I'm with Candypie, the thought of the great clothes and how good I'll look keep me going. Although I have (only) 2 stone to go, the amount we each want to lose is almost irrelevant when we get that feeling of giving up -maybe for a while. It would be easy for me to quit now -but I know where that road would lead, and I don't want to waste my life going back there, yet again.
I'd suggest that you do something that you've always wanted to do, something different, maybe learn a new skill. Just start making those small life changes as you progress on the journey, so that you feel you are actually changing inside as well as outside - and you're enjoying life more. This will also take your focus off food - a bit! Very best of luck.

I feel everyday is a battle not to give up! I'm literally on the verge. Have been since u started back on 2nd Jan, but your right giving up isn't what I want! I want to be slim. I've lost 19lbs. Not sure how. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. Maybe not losing weight would force me to be 100% but I'm very happy about it though! And tomorrow I will attempt again with ts and maybe tomorrow i will succeed... X

Keep your heads in the right place girls, you can do this, you've already achieved a massive 4 weeks at 100%,

Keep Calm and carry on ........... Good luck to you all you are an inspiration for a newbie like myself

Di x

You girls have done 4 weeks! Which is already a huge inspiration on my my 3rd day and i am really really struggling, i dont think i will last till the end of the week at the moment, it's really difficult but with the support from the lovely members on this forum I know i will be able to complete the first week..... :)

what a fabulous set of posts, it is difficult but every time I feel hungry I know that it will pass in a few minutes. I have been thinking to myself this evening that it is going to be worth it. I know I am only on week three but think I am 3/4 there (almost) to my first month. I break it into chunks and there is no better feeling than waking up in the morning knowing that you have achieved. As I have said on other posts, it is easy to pile the weight on over time, but I think how quickly I am losing it, much faster than piling it on. This forum is my salvation and you lot are the ones who keep me motivated. I am so happy that we are sticking to it and not dropping out. It is February tomorrow and already a month of the year has gone- how quick was that? One more month and a very short one and we will be into month three. I know I cannot break or weaken as the thought of being in month three of 2012 without progress would be heartbreaking for me. I have over 50lbs to lose but am aiming for a round 50 and aim to be there by May.
Thank you for all your thoughts, aspirations, fears and ideas xxx

Your words a really inspiring Norwegian girl, I will go to bed thinking that tonight and the next few nights to keep myself motivated! Just 4 more days till my first weigh in and I am now really looking forward to it.... :)

Please keep going it will be worth it and you will be so disappointed if you give in now!!!!!! You have the support here to do it, you can do it!

Hello all
Thank you soooooooo much for taking the time to read and reply to my post I can honestly say you have all saved me from eating!:D
Feeling much better about the diet today...26.5lbs done in January, let's see what I can do in February.
Thanks again guys this forum really is invaluable.
FB xx:bighug:

You Done BRILLIANTTT fatbird!!! 26lbs is amazing!

Keep going everyone!!! We're all doing one of the hardest dieting methods out there - we do it because it works!! Stick with it and remember that every passing day is another day closer to the finishing line. We can do this!!! Keep reminding yourselves of the reasons why you are all doing this :D

Back