Extra Easy Struggling :-(

lucysmommy

Gold Member
Hi

I am 3rd year nursing student and I have stuck to the plan 2 weeks out of 4 and I have lost 3lbs which is not a lot considering I am 15st 9lbs when I started.

My problem seems to be on placement at the moment we have no micro to use and I am fed up with salads everyday - I need some major inspiration for lunch that can be eaten cold but taste really good

I need get this sorted as I love the plan and I know it works but this is the first time I have been faces with no micro at all :-(

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How about ryvita with some cottage cheese and tomatoes on or a ham salad sandwich made with bread from heb.
Could try wraps made from lettuce leaves and filled with cooked chicken.
You could take a mug shot (I'm guessing there's a kettle) to have followed by fruit and yoghurt x

Thanks for the speedy replies

I like the sound of ryvita and cottage cheese :)

Need to get myself a lunch bag x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Or a food flask for soup? :confused:

i roast onions and peppers and add to cous cous also add a little bit of chilli too when i know i cant access a microwave! its delish cold!

why don't you do sw quiche, that is gorgeous cold, or savoury rice, or pasta dishes like tuna pasta, or even pasta with tomato sauce, all good cold x

I can certainly recommend the sw quiche - I do it for my lunchbox all the time. Also do tandoori chicken or some other marinade and eat it cold the next day for lunch xx

The couscous flan is really yummy too , very versatile and really portable , I think it's better cold than hot !

Fruitybabe said:
What's the cous cous flan cheese lover?

It's so yummy

150g couscous - poor over hot stock , nice & strong about half an inch above level of couscous , may need to add a little more but you don't want it too wet !!

Meanwhile in fry light , fry onions , peppers , mushrooms , garlic & add to couscous .
Add mug of peas , mug of sweetcorn and 6 Linda Macartny sausages sliced ( the red onion and Rosmary are free ) .
Add 2/3 beaten eggs and place in flan dish sprayed with fry light !!
Bake for about 35mins at about 180 c !!
You can add whatever you like to it , bacon , feta ( remember to syn it ) , different veg , curry , chilli etc etc !!

It's free so enjoy !!!

Hi

What about Fritata
Chop bacon, onions, mushrooms, tomato and fry in pan with frylight.
Beat 3 eggs and pour over top of cooked ingredients in pan when bottom is set either turn it over to brown other side or finish under a hot grill.

Can be made night before and great cold and its free on extra easy and red plan.

or you could make Chickpea Dahl Loaf
Cook a packet of Batchelors savoury rice
Tin of Chickpea Dahl (Asda is free) open and place in bowl beat in 4 eggs add cooked savoury rice pour into lined loaf tin and cook for 35 minutes at 180c.

I have just made Chicken and Bacon Pate. You could make this and have it with Ryvita minis

Hope these help

Back