Struggling :(

Caz

Repeat Offender
Today is Day 11 of my first time on Slim and Save and I've been completely 100% for that whole time which, for me, is a pretty big deal. Have enjoyed it up until now and it's been fairly easy but tonight, for some reason that I don't know, I really want to cave in and get a chinese. Damn living opposite that torture house! I'm in ketosis so I'm not really hungry, which I keep reminding myself. I'm losing weight really well with this and it's important that I do, which I keep telling myself. It makes me want to avoid the chinese but doesn't make me stop wanting it, if that makes sense. How do you all avoid the urges to break?

Find something to occupy your mind! I found it helps! When I did CD before If i sat idly staring at the TV I could hear food in the kitchen talking to me! I wasn't hungry at all & can cook kids dinners and not be fazed but Jaffa Cakes would call out to me telling me "nobody else likes me if you dont eat me it will be a waste in the bin"

So before I started S&S I threw everything out only I liked & try to keep busy instead of watching TV (cant tell you how many times I've refolded my whole airing cupboard haha)

Awww bless ya, Day 11 for me is the worst!! If I were you Id have a bar, brush my teeth and slope off to bed, to feel more positive tomorrow!!!

Good luck, step away for the chinese........you CAN do it!!

It's all about choices, if this is what you really want then you'll do it. No excuses.

Think about why you're doing it.

Im on day 2 round 2 S&S but did LL for 3 months successfully, I would keep busy, glue myself to a chair with water and laptop, watching telly, typing on here, getting up for water refill and a wee..! and just 'bat away' thoughts of breaking, like dont even allow yourself to consider it, if the thought pops into your head just smash the thought away

Caroline I have broken today with toast and a McDonalds and I have to say I really didnt even enjoy them, its just not worth it! They never tasted as good as I thought they would!

Why make the toast and buy a mac Donald's? I just don't get it.

Because some people don't find it as easy as you do morgan. For some people there are days that are a real struggle and they, for whatever reason, want something that isn't a S&S pack. Most days people are able to resist that but not always, not every day. Sometimes people do break and go off plan and that doesn't really matter, what matters is them getting back up and carrying on with S&S. They need support to do that.

I agree Caroline, I hope you managed to resist.

I think its important to support others, and it is what helps get most of us through, otherwise we probably wouldnt be here. Chin up hun, xx

I did things like:
* sitting with a pile of magazines cutting out pictures of clothes that I liked(so I could buy fabric and get a tailor to make them),
* going online to look at new hair-styles to try out,
*painting my nails (so I couldn't touch any food until the urge subsided)
*brushing my teeth
*taking a walk (to get as far away as I could from temptation)

If I find that I get cravings, I have a hot bubble bath and read my book until I feel I can be in control again.

By the time I have run the bath, had the bath, dried my hair and got dressed I am usually ok again

Some days it's just hard, even when you've been going along nicely for a while, I'm at a month and a half and suddenly last week right out of the blue I so wanted a pizza and was sorely tempted but I just had to get on with it and not give in, but it wasn't easy and I was so grumpy until bedtime. The next morning I got up had a good loss on the scales and was so glad I'd not caved in.

Just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this, it's a hard route but you get such great results and so quickly it's worth putting up with for a relatively short time. Think what the alternatives are? If you go off S&S, you'll have to get back into it again, get back into ketosis again and that's no fun. Every time you cheat you make your S&S journey longer, so aim to keep it as quick as possible and think how much slimmer you'll be by Christmas if you stick to plan!

All the best with it x

Because some people don't find it as easy as you do morgan. For some people there are days that are a real struggle and they, for whatever reason, want something that isn't a S&S pack. Most days people are able to resist that but not always, not every day. Sometimes people do break and go off plan and that doesn't really matter, what matters is them getting back up and carrying on with S&S. They need support to do that.

I understand there are hard days, I've had a few myself thank you very much but a lot of this is mind over matter. I agree people may not want a food pack but looking at the bigger picture it's worth sticking to just to stay in ketosis.

Caroline, if you are craving food why dont you have a chicken salad or somethign that you are allowed. I know what its like, ive had massively failures in the past and to be honest it is really hard to get back into it once your out of ketosis cus you lthink one bit of food wont hurt.
Just need to occupy your mind, all i am doing otday is thinking about food, ketchup in fact ketchup with everything lol the longer you stick to it the quicker the weight goes but if you do have a chinese, dont panic its NOT the end of the world.
Why dont you make your own, maybe chicken stir fry with some spices?

Just try and stick to Protein adn hoppefully youll be ok but dont be ashamed if you have something off plan, it is normal trust me. xxx

Ive had a bit of a weekend off plan.. I had good intentions but it went a bit wrong, Im just aiming to get back onto plan properly.
Another thing that helps if you think you are going to break, have something off plan but try to not go overboard.
Ive been drinking sugar free cordial and having a bit of mayo on my salad and just little things that are not strictly ok, but if they keep me near enough on track then its better than going completely off the rails.

How are you getting on Caroline?
I struggled over the weekend, friday night was fine... saturday was fine up until about 5pm when i had home made lasanga and then sunday started off ok, had a shake and chicken salad but then finished off with a roast lol. I had good intentions before the weekend set in but the weekends are when i really really struggle! So i didnt go majorly over board, i couldve eaten 10x more than i did however today i am back on plan 100% and feel great again!
I think to myself if i can do 100% on plan during the week i am acheiving something!

I had a charity walk yesterday so burnt off quite a few calories on a 5k walk so hopefully that would have accounted for half my roast lol. I do however feel bad for lettign myself go off plan especially on my first weekend on SS. I put it down to maybe not being fully in ketosis yet but deep down i know it was my own fault. I tried and failed but im back 100% today!

I guess if we eat something off plan, we should compensate with a long work or some form of exercise to get it off again?
xxx

Try and stick to it 100% even over the weekend. I know its hard but try to stay focused. This is not like other diets where by you can make up for something off plan the next day, if you eat the wrong things following S&S you will knock yourself out of ketosis and it could then take days to get back in again.

Good luck for the rest of the week

I think some exercise can make up for slip ups, and its also true that you cant have a meal/day 'off' with ketosis -unless you stick to low carb options of course, so you can include fatty foods just not sugary ones! but it will still affect weight loss.
but if you come out of ketosis, you know you have a tough few days getting back into it which help remind you next time to think twice perhaps?

Sorry had a busy couple of days.

Ended up having Saturday off plan as we all went out for a big family meal. I was going to have chicken salad but it was £9 just for a salad, thought I'd rather pay a bit more and have something decent! It was all kicked off by the fact that the drink machine was broken so there was no diet coke, meaning no diet/almost calorie free drink options. Saw that and just thought sod it. I've been ill the past week or so and to be honest, it's made getting back on track a bit difficult. Struggled to get my head in the game but think I'm there now. Was doing ok yesterday until the evening when I felt like absolutely rubbish and my mum offered me the dinner she'd cooked for everyone else so I had it. I still managed to lose 1.5lbs this week, which considering I had the weekend off is good really. Weighed myself this morning and I'm that same weight so think I managed to avoid damage last night. Feeling much more positive today. Had the day off work and was able to rest up a bit. Feel less exhausted and drained, giving me a bit more mental energy to focus on doing this and being positive I think!

Exercise will help counteract the calories but like the other two said, it's the carbs that are the real killer. I'm extremely lucky in that I'm not that carb sensitive. I get into ketosis extremely easily and I don't get knocked out easily. I had chips last night :( but am still in ketosis today and didn't see much of a change on the scales. I've got a couple of friends though who just have to look at a slice of bread and they're out of ketosis. In some ways I almost wish I was more sensitive to carbs so that I could scare myself away from things with the dreaded journey into ketosis! Did 2 weeks of 100% though before my day off and been mostly on track other than the dinner last night since then. Back on track today 100% and staying that way until I go to Amsterdam in 3 weeks.

How are you getting on Kerance? And the rest of you?

Im getting on ok, have been 100% since monday now and feel fine. Havent struggled or anything. Had a sneak look at scales today and have lost 4lb but proper WI isnt until saturday so hopefully ill shed a bit more by then. Feel really good though and the diet vimto helps ALOT as just plain old water makes my mouth very fury!
TOTM is due in next couple of days so hope it doesnt effect me... Cant wait to get rid of some of this extra fat though and actualyl look good! Saw some pictures from the a charity walk i done sunday and my god i look like a big fat mess. Never thought id ever look that fat and horrible. Ill see if i can upload a coupleof pics.. me from about a yr and and now. Its bad!!

Back