Struggling

shadow12

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling staying on plan and I don't know why I'm finding it so difficult! I lost weight with s&s last year and found it so easy although this time around I just can't get past a few days. I even tried lipotrim in the hope that the lack if choice and being weighed would spur me on but it didn't.

I know I can do this as I have done it previously and I have no choice but to do this as my weight is constantly increasing, I am now 13stone where last year I managed to get down to 11stone 3lbs from 13st 12lbs.

I've just downloaded the beck diet solution book from amazon as I have seen others on here mention it although I'm not sure if its the right book. I've ate so much crap today it's unbelievable and I just don't know why I can't stop myself.

I have well over a month of s&s packs here so I have no reason not to start tomorrow but I just struggle after a few days.

You CAN do this.
The Beck diet solution has a few books and any of them is fine. Go through it, do every day even if you feel you don't need to, and it will help. Keep a diary on here and try and fill it in every day, even if it's a bad day. Try making a pinterest board and look at it every time you feel like giving up. This is mine. Get some motivational quotes and pictures and stick them up round the house where you'll see them, especially in the kitchen. Do photos and measurements on the first day and think about how good you'll feel when that weight starts coming off. If you feel you'll struggle do the first 2 weeks of Beck first and it will hopefully put you in a better frame of mind for starting.
Good luck, I believe in you.

Cherry-Blossom said:
You CAN do this.
The Beck diet solution has a few books and any of them is fine. Go through it, do every day even if you feel you don't need to, and it will help. Keep a diary on here and try and fill it in every day, even if it's a bad day. Try making a pinterest board and look at it every time you feel like giving up. This is mine. Get some motivational quotes and pictures and stick them up round the house where you'll see them, especially in the kitchen. Do photos and measurements on the first day and think about how good you'll feel when that weight starts coming off. If you feel you'll struggle do the first 2 weeks of Beck first and it will hopefully put you in a better frame of mind for starting.
Good luck, I believe in you.

I did just reply to this but it disappeared?

Thank you for replying its made me feel alot better about this journey, your Pinterest board is great and very motivational.

I will take measurements tomorrow along with photos and read the book.

I know I can do this as have done it before, first thing tomorrow am weighing in, binning all junk from the kitchen and start a diary on here, thank you fit the advice :)

You'll find the solution in Beck, honestly :)

Thank you both, I did try to reply last night twice but it wouldn't post for some reason.

I will start a diary later and once Ive sorted my little one out il be binning any junk.

Have never taken measurements before where exactly is the waist lol or shall I just measure the widest part a d smallest part on my stomach?

I weighed in at 12st12.2 this morning so i am down 2lbs since Monday, I managed 2days of s&s 1 day of healthy eating and 1 day of crap!

Here's to day 1!

Hello Shadow

I'm starting over again today at 12.7 stone and want to lose 3 stone. I cheated and think I did not try hard enough not to so from today I will complete 12 weeks plus 3 days without cheating.
I am not having any meals only the food packs. Is that what you're doing?
We could be buddies and chat every day to keep each other encouraged :)

pinkpussy said:
Hello Shadow

I'm starting over again today at 12.7 stone and want to lose 3 stone. I cheated and think I did not try hard enough not to so from today I will complete 12 weeks plus 3 days without cheating.
I am not having any meals only the food packs. Is that what you're doing?
We could be buddies and chat every day to keep each other encouraged :)

Hya we are very similar starting weights and starting the same day so yes that would be great :) I have started a diary now, do you have one?

I am planning on just having the 4 packs along with milk although if I fancy real food I will have eggs with mushrooms etc as I only have shake packs and a few bars x

I only ordered shakes no bars. I am just about to start a diary called A Step at a Time.

I started with Cambridge last week before I found slim and save and decided to go at it alone and save some money. I have 3 days left of Cambridge so will use those up and start the packs of Sns Monday. I placed an order for 28 days.

I will start weighing myself not this coming Monday but the next so will have a full 10 days before my first weigh in and subsequently every week.

Definitely read Dr Beck and take from it the ideas which are useful to you. For me personally it's a combination of things which have helped me to keep the majority of the weight off. I started exercising once I reached goal with a personal trainer. That kept things interesting and different rather than boring and the same all the time. I now go to the gym 3 times a week. That has heped me to increase my metabolism. I have also been going to personal therapy. Those of us who have lost lots of weight tend to have a distorted relationship with food and if it isn't addressed then it will go back on again. I also think that for me being willing to commit to a lifetime of changed eating habits has been essential. A diet isn't just for losing the weight - you do have to change your eating habits at the end,

You are not alone.

shadow12 said:
Have never taken measurements before where exactly is the waist lol or shall I just measure the widest part a d smallest part on my stomach?

The smallest part - or if you're not sure then measure two inches above your belly button.

Back