STS and controlled weight gain thread.

Sorry I've been in work a long time without any adult conversation ... Think I may be going slightly mad!

X x x

I'm the same, think I am technically obese at moment but was classed as over weight before pregnancy, I am 5'9 I have a big frame, so around 12 stone suits me Iv never been smaller than that, it sounds a lot but at that weight I'm a small 12 and with my height that's small enough eve though that's classes as high end of normal or overweight on BMI lol. X

My target weight is set at 12 stone ATM I haven't been that for about 10 years so I don't know what I will look like. From there I will bring my target down 7lbs a time until I am happy but the lowest I will go is 10.5 I'm 5 foot 6, but I carry my weight well at 19 stone 5lbs I was only I size 18 so I don't know!

X x x

That's my thing I'm nearly 15 and a half stone at the moment at 38 weeks pregnant yet my size 14 skinnys still fit fine and size 16s are baggy on me so I do think it depends on your build x

mrs-s said:
That's my thing I'm nearly 15 and a half stone at the moment at 38 weeks pregnant yet my size 14 skinnys still fit fine and size 16s are baggy on me so I do think it depends on your build x

I agree, I've been dancing since I was 3 so I think I'm quite muscled as well which I think makes me look smaller my mum was 4 stone lighter than me and wearing the same size. It's bizare hey!

How are you cas3? I've never done cal counting I know I would be a big fat cheater lol!

X x x

I used to dance and swim a lot when I was younger I think that's part of reason my legs are smaller cus they are quite muscley, it's just my belly and hips since having LO I've not managed to get rid of them but hopefully will this time! I'll weigh before I go tomorrow so I've got final weigh in and know how much I gained in total! Good luck everyone else xx

Hey sparkle, my lo has been breech and transverse the whole way through, was transverse at my 32 weeks scan, but at mw this week baby has turned head down. So I'm hoping she'll stay that way so I'm sure you'll be fine. My first was engaged at 32 weeks so I'm so impatient now lol x

My scales are showing a gain of 5lb this week so far, haven't even had my tea yet so I'm not holding much hope for wi x

Yeah I'm panicking a bit because I had emergency section first time, I wasn't prepared I hadn't even looked into it but it all happened so fast. To make it worse they knocked me out completely so I didn't even experience a section birth, woke up to hubby feeding baby a while later. My wound stayed open by 2cm for 9 weeks after, although the rest of the healing process went quite well. If I have to have a section I'd rather have it planned although I know you can't plan any of it. But this time with hubby having no job he's lost all entitlement for paternity leave, and if he's in a job he won't have earned holidays so I'll be left to recover by myself, trying to have god knows how many people trying to help out. Fingers crossed though, my Consultant told me position doesnt really become an issue until 36/37 weeks as baby can turn last minute then, but very rarely will turn after this point due to room.

Just weighed and I'm +1lb so total pregnancy weight gain is exactly 1 stone! Will see what I weigh when I come out lol, will update later today xxx

Well done everyone, sparkle dont worry hun it probably come off next wk!
I've done a few birthdays for emily at those play centres when she was younger, we use to take them to mc donalds after it works out alot cheaper than having a a party and so much easier without any mess! I think she wants a sleepover this yr!

Teri, 2lb is really good at ur stage- hope ur hubby finds work soon and he manages to get a few days off when baby arrives ur not going manage to look after Jack on ur own for a few days x

Mummytobe slim- calorie counting is just easier for me to follow at the moment wiv being a mother of 3! if I did sw I'd go off track and have to many syns as I want to eat sweet things at the moment due to feeding and needing the energy from sleepless nites. Good luck for ur next wi! your doing great x

Becky can't wait to hear ur weightloss after birth or when you wi next, hope everything goes well for you today and you have a fast recovery. Im so excited for you, 11.30 is a good slot at least its going a head and ur not being sent home like I was!

Jessie how you getting on and Millie mae is a really pretty name x

Hope all the bumps are well x

Back