Stubborn slimmer starting 28/7/17

MysticalT

Ok, so i'm trying this 'diet' because I'm a stubborn so and so who can't follow a calorie reduced diet because as soon as I run out of calories and say 'that's it all gone' I reply to myself with 'you think? well I'm eating this so there' (childish I know :p lol).

I can't afford the meetings etc so I'm going it alone, at least until I know that it works for me! Today is my first day because it's weigh in day for me. It's also a bad day to start because we usually have a takeaway on a Friday night :oops:. I never make things easy for myself :D.

I've planned SW dinners for the week (just don't tell the OH ;)) to keep me on track until I figure out how to calculate syns for other recipes although just a google finds 1000's of recipes to try! I've bought in 'free foods' so that I don't have to battle with the 'not allowed any more food' issue that I usually have.

I'm am still going to keep an eye (ish) on the calorie consumption as I don't wish to turn my days into a free food, all day buffet.

My biggest challenge times are lunch (bad planning and usually grab and go) and evening, after dinner (everyone likes a treat, right?)

Wish me luck!

Starting weight - 13 stone 2

Had a cheeky weigh in today, bad idea really but couldn't help myself. since starting I am over a 1lb down. It's not a lot but it's a start and has motivated me to keep going! Hopefully that 1lb will be more once Friday comes around.

Had a cheeky weigh in today, bad idea really but couldn't help myself. since starting I am over a 1lb down. It's not a lot but it's a start and has motivated me to keep going! Hopefully that 1lb will be more once Friday comes around.

well done on the first 1lb down, in the past I've weighed daily and its surprising how some days I'd drop 3lbs, others I was up 1lb. good luck for weigh in Friday x x

Really pigged off with myself right now. I've had a spring cleaning day, hardly sat down at all then the son shows up wanting food (nothing new there) so I make us both a sandwich and crisps without even thinking until I'd eaten it arrrggghhhh. How can you just forget? I'm now currently at 23.5 syns for the day without having any dinner. :mad:

Weigh in day! I have to admit to not sticking to this religiously and have failed on a few days but ......

13st 0.4lb or 180.4lb It's going!

And after such a good result I've spent the last few days blowing it like an idiot. Note to self...no you can't have a day off because 1 day leads to 2 days and then 3 days and the bad habits are back :(.

I've had takeaway, ice cream, biscuits, sausage rolls, pasties. And to be honest, thinking back, I can't say that I enjoyed the food! I feel tired and sluggish and lazy, this just won't do!

Tackling it today. I know I won't lose this week now with 3 days until weigh in but hopefully, if I keep low low syn, I won't see a gain either.

I'm trying soups for lunch at the minute that are syn free or very low syn. Still finding my feet with recipes so just been sticking to slimming world recipes for dinner.

Today I'm looking at tacos for dinner but they are so hard to work out and I'm trying to be low syn until weigh in Friday after my failed weekend! I might go for pasta instead but it's so high calorie!

What sort of foods do you have?

Great motivation yesterday until dinner....well the motivation didn't go but dinner went in the bin. Made a sw recipe and it was foul. I really need to learn how to syn my normal recipes.

So the other half says 'I'll go out and grab something, it's too late to start again at 9pm' ok I say, maybe a proud potato or something thinking the syns couldn't be too bad......he walks in with a kfc :(.

This week has been a mess up with only a couple of good days (3 including today ). I'm just hoping I haven't gained at weigh in tomorrow.

I just need to find something very low syn and not too carby for dinner tonight. Although jacket potato and salad is sounding appealing it might be a bit carby the night before weigh in.

Suggestions welcome!

Made a sw recipe and it was foul.
That's happened to me a couple of times too lol. Thankfully, most of the SW recipes are nice!

......he walks in with a kfc :(.
Just look on the bright side . . . KFC is a LOT better than pizza when it comes to syns, so it could have been worse! ;)

I'm glad to hear the recipes are good! They have been alright so far but one mouthful of that pasta dish made me feel sick lol.

Did really well today......until I found the last of my tangfastics hiding in the cupboard! Thankfully there weren't many left and I've still had less than 15 syns so im ok with that. On the plus side I've eaten them so they can't torment me anymore!

I'm not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as I know it's not going to be a good one but I've decided not to punish myself over it. It will serve as a reminder of why I'm here, positivety and all that jazz :D

Well I've apparently gained 2.2lbs this week :mad:. Ok so I had a few bad days but I really can't see how I'd gain 2.2lbs!

Just keep going......

Back