Stubbseys Diary - back in the zone!

I've got a good saag aloo recipe ...well chicken and spinach ....it's really yum....added you as friend to myfitnesspal hope u don't mind x

Ingredients
3 lbs chicken pieces, skinned and cubed
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 large onions, minced or extremely finely chopped
1 (400 g) cans crushed tomatoes
1 inch ginger, minced
4 tablespoons milk
48 ounces spinach, washed & chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 big cardamom pods
2 whole cloves
7 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon water
Directions
Fry the chicken in 4 tbs oil for around 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and set aside.
Put the spinach in a pot, add 1/4C water.
Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
When cool, grind very well (almost to a paste) in blender and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic and onions.
Fry until lightly brown.
Page 2 of 2Saag Chicken (cont.)
Directions
Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne pepper, ground coriander, turmeric, cloves and cardamom.
Sprinkle with 1 tbs water.
Cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
Add chicken and milk to the pan.
Simmer until the chicken is tender (about 10 minutes).
Add spinach and garam masala to the pan.
Cook until spinach starts sticking to the pan (about 15 minutes).
Remove from heat, add butter and cover until ready to serve with rice

Hi

Not at all glad u added me, xxx the recipe looks good will save that one!!

I went to yoga this morning, it was meant to be pilates but the instructor was on her holls so yoga instructor covered for her, i enjoyed it so next week im doing both, i am starting to ache now.My arms feel like lead, so feet up n ready for soaps now.

Had a mixed grill tonight, it was lovely. I got the black farmer sausages today from sainsbo and liked them better than the toulouse ones. Ended up rushing around all day so was glad dinner was reasonably quick to cook!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi, u see lots of posts about black farmer sausages, I have never seen then, what type of sausage are they*

i know what you mean i looked for them in asda and tesco and they didnt have them in those particular branches, but saw them in sainsburys today just where they have the special sausages, rather than the ones like walls etc, they were just a little firmer when cooked than a normal sausage, the skins werent tough like some butchers sausages can be and they were just like pork sausage, not all spicy and garlicy etc so at the moment i will get those now i have found them. i dont eat them that often but when i do i didnt want to squander my carbs on them.

hoping for an early night tonight as i didnt sleep well, and laying there knowing i had to get up early for the fitness class just made it worse, gotta get up for the doctor in the morning so dont want to be up all bloomin night again.

B. Oopsie, cheese, half tomato spread of mayo
D. 2 lamb chops (the half space invader ones) rump steak, 2 black farmer sausages, flat mushroom, celeriac chips

not sure if i will need a snack, but plenty of stuff to choose from.

Evening Stubbsey... I really must make oopsies once I've got back on track! Sounding good girl! Lol xx

Hi Alpaca
they are so good for a quick breakfast or a quick lunch when you just dont have time to cook something or prepare something involved, really filling and i didnt realise how much i missed cheese sandwiches lol

i am going to try a little experiment maybe tomorrow i am going to lightly toast some and blend them up in my processor, add spices and use them to coat some chicken and attempt to make a home made kfc not sure if my spices will be anything like theirs but worth experimenting!

i might make a mim tonight and try toasting it with some phili on, i have tried making them sweet with cocoa in them with essence and didnt really like them, so fingers x for that. but only if i get peckish and need something for later.

Ooo good luck with the experimenting Stubbsey! Very adventurous and creative! Xx

Morning Tracy - good luck with the oopsie roll experiment :)

FYI I know you're not mad keen on them but I think toulouse sossies are about 0.3 carbs each. Maybe look out for Debbie and Andrew garden herb ones too, they're 0.2 carbs each.

Thanks Lady Susie i will watch out for them the black farmer ones only registered as 1 carb on mfp and i had 2 of them so thats not too bad but i am always on the look out for a nice juicy sausage.... eh hem dont titter!!!

Mornin' all, blimey i am sooooo achey today, wasnt exactly strenuous stuff just poses and stretches and holding the poses but jeeez i feel like i have done an hour of aerobics if thats how u spell it.. maybe if i did it more i would know how to spell it, funny i can spell cake ok!! My shoulders where they reach the chest by the upper arm are killing me. i anticipated a bit of a worsening to the back this morning so took two cocodamol before bed so lord knows if i hadnt i probably wouldnt be able to move now!

my doctor retired today, really sad coz i had such a great relationship with him we used to always end up laughing in his surgery, he had such a sarcastic dry humour which i dont think many of his patients appreciated, but i always gave it back so we got on soo well. i got him a card and took a list of last minute ailments to see him off, i am sure he appreciated the list of ailments but he did his usual tutting and sucking of teeth lol bless him, dont know which one i will see now, dont really like any of them, just have to pick the one i dont dislike as much as the others!

contemplating cooking date squares, they are phenominally good, but i wont be tempted, my oh does a lot of work at spittalfields and gets given all sorts i usually find something to cook with it no matter how obscure the thing he brings home, its become a challenge for me lol. But the other day he was given a tray of dates, i made the squares last time he brought them home and the boys loved them so did their girlfriends so they didnt last long. just need to muster up the enthusiasm to get off the sofa.

if i turn Pink up loud it may take my mind off the aches..

have a good day everyone!!

photo (1).JPG

looks dark because toasted oopsies and spices were darker than usual breadcrumbs but my attempt at kfc was very very nice, had some celeriac chips too feel rather fat now

Well done on the exercise ....your KFC attempt looks good...the only thing missing is a big dollop of ketchup :) I did have a go at the slimming world KFC but wasn't keen on it.....got to say admire your culinary skills...normally I'm pretty good in the kitchen .....but haven't tried anything new for ages x

Parmesan - the dried powdery stuff - is meant to be a good breaking substitute. Also crushed up pork crunch - the fluffy ones.

Evening all!!

yes i saw a few recipes on sites saying ground up pork fat for breading, but the oopsie roll lightly toasted and whizzed up in the processor works really well, i put lots of herbs n spices to season, i gave one nugget to my oh and he liked them. i did feel a bit fat after all that fried food though. I havent seen the slimming world kfc recipe, my sister does slimming world so she probably knows the recipe.

i am seizing up more and more as the day n now evening go on. just shows me how unfit i have become, when i was doing well last year on ww i used to go to the gym regularly and was doing my wii fit plus stepper etc. the stupid thing is i never seem to have time anymore to fit any of it in.

B three rashers of asda bacon (bit thin so had 3) 2 eggs fried in butter
D chicken in oopsie crumbs, two black farmer sausages and celeriac chips

if need a snack might have some ham

Hi
not sure why but i feel quite fed up today, it might be becasue the scales are not moving again, i have seen a pattern with this tho where they dont then all of a sudden they do, i have tested and ketosis is good so not doing anything wrong, maybe i am eating too much i will keep an eye on it but last week was totm and so i didnt expect to lose but its over now and scales still not budging grrrrr...

found a recipe on Nigelissima today for Meatzza with is really pizza with a meat base, with a bit of tweeking would be good for atkins i have posted it on my recipe thrad stubbseys kitchen.

i think i might resort to an atkins bar tonight to cheer me up, i didnt eat all my dinner just couldnt i wasnt hungry enough, i had a lunch which is not like me so maybe that is why

B 3 thin bacon, 2 eggs
L oopsie roll, 2oz cheddar, small tomato, mayo
D v.small steak, 2 small lamb chops, half mushroom, 1 small tomato, 1 lettuce leaf, one small pepper ring, mayo, half black farmer sausage

found a recipe on Nigelissima today for Meatzza with is really pizza with a meat base, with a bit of tweeking would be good for atkins i have posted it on my recipe thrad stubbseys kitchen.

I saw her making this on tellie the other night, it did look very nice! :)

Stalls can happen for all sorts of reasons, hun - more green leafy stuff might help?

Evening Stubbsey! Going well even though you've not budged - it will whoosh off soon ... Have you measured as there might be a change there? Xx

stubbsey said:
Hi
not sure why but i feel quite fed up today, it might be becasue the scales are not moving again, i have seen a pattern with this tho where they dont then all of a sudden they do, i have tested and ketosis is good so not doing anything wrong, maybe i am eating too much i will keep an eye on it but last week was totm and so i didnt expect to lose but its over now and scales still not budging

that's exactly how Atkins seems to work. It holds onto the lbs then lets them go all at once which is why people talk about wooshes. When I weight midweek I never see the scales going down daily - if they're going to go down they do it overnight usually just on one night during the week.

Part of the reason I'm so frustrated about not sleeping!

So don't lose heart! Have the Atkins bar if you really need it - but maybe try a cocoa & cream, or some rhubarb first.

Hope you feel more upbeat soon - I know just how it is.

Back